Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s a shame we’ll never know who wrote Father Ted, that knowledge is just lost to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
It was a documentary.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Arthur Mathews, of course

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

After a wonderful, months-long journey from discovering Taskmaster clips on Facebook, to finding the Youtube channel and binging all 14 seasons, I can finally say I am caught up with the show and this thread. Looking forward to March

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Time to squeeze in NZ, Norway and Aus.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kloaked00 posted:

After a wonderful, months-long journey from discovering Taskmaster clips on Facebook, to finding the Youtube channel and binging all 14 seasons, I can finally say I am caught up with the show and this thread. Looking forward to March

:hellyeah:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I need to find a source for Aus

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

r/panelshow is a great place to find a community of Australian TM fans.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The episode where Judi could've won the episode by literally doing nothing on stage is just heartbreaking.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i know judi love was divisive itt but i really appreciated whenever she would start to spin up a line of bullshit and greg seemed to settle in with a grin to see where this yarn ended up going

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Judi wasn't great at the tasks, but her lackadaisical approach and confidence were a fun combo. That task where you want to be the third to high five and she just darts at it after a few seconds: incredible art.

They did her dirty by digging at her that much about coming just shy of winning of an ep.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i know judi love was divisive itt but i really appreciated whenever she would start to spin up a line of bullshit and greg seemed to settle in with a grin to see where this yarn ended up going

Yeah, that was always a great bit. I never got any indication from her she was even vaguely playing to win.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Judi can borrow a dog whenever she wants, thus she's already winning

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Oz episode 2 is out but I haven't seen it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, that was always a great bit. I never got any indication from her she was even vaguely playing to win.

Unlike Sophie Duker. If it turns out she was actually using jedi mind tricks during the toilet tower task I wouldn't be surprised.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Today's Australia was fantastic, they're getting up to speed way faster than NZ1.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pinwiz11 posted:

Today's Australia was fantastic, they're getting up to speed way faster than NZ1.

They have good energy and I attribute it largely to using the NZ crew to set things up.

Normally I really deslike the "phone prank" tasks, but Luke's phonecall was pretty cute. Also didn't enjoy the pizza waste.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
the cat out of the bag task felt like an Alex Horne classic, but surprisingly it was an Australian original.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was very Alex-y with how many different solutions and intended workarounds it had. Will probably pop up in other versions with some changes later.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I need a new VPN (avoiding geoblocking isn't a strength of Mullvad)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

itry posted:

They have good energy and I attribute it largely to using the NZ crew to set things up.

Normally I really deslike the "phone prank" tasks, but Luke's phonecall was pretty cute. Also didn't enjoy the pizza waste.

yeah I think this was a pretty harmless one in terms of tasks that involve the outside world. Also Danielle almost immediately breaking when she realized her Nana was worried about her :3:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

It was very weird and awesome how they managed to make a non-cringe phone task. It was just cute and funny.

Luke's reminded me so much of phone calls with my mum that I actually called her after it and had a very similar conversation.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Thumbs up to that episode. The shows pretty much got all the elements good TM needs.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I hope we get more insights into Danielle Walker’s life. Rural Queenslanders have the most hosed up stories.

Edit: TMAU goes out at the family friendly time of 19.30 so ”I cry when I masturbate” was not something I would ever have expected to make the broadcast. Nina Oyama is fantastic.

Creature fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 11, 2023

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Thought Oz assistant was good this week. He was the only element I wasn't sure on last week. Series is legit!

As someone said, that's essentially year round good Taskmaster now, right?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Creature posted:

I hope we get more insights into Danielle Walker’s life. Rural Queenslanders have the most hosed up stories.

Edit: TMAU goes out at the family friendly time of 19.30 so ”I cry when I masturbate” was not something I would ever have expected to make the broadcast. Nina Oyama is fantastic.

Yeah, 7:30 is the watershed there instead of 9.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

What the gently caress is up Fern Brady's accent:psyduck: It doesn't sound british, or human for that matter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alhazred posted:

What the gently caress is up Fern Brady's accent:psyduck: It doesn't sound british, or human for that matter.

Fern Brady is Scottish.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Fern Brady is Scottish.

But she is human? The task where she's supposed to make a song just sounds like random vowels strung together.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Alhazred posted:

It's one of the Scottish ones, a variation of Edinburghus as presumed. Uh, yes she is also human. Despite the pinecones.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Alhazred posted:

But she is human? The task where she's supposed to make a song just sounds like random vowels strung together.

IT'S ME FERN BRADY, ME FERN BRADY

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

John Kearns is the ultimate sad boi of this season.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It's one of the Scottish ones, a variation of Edinburghus as presumed. Uh, yes she is also human. Despite the pinecones.

She's from Bathgate. So Edinburgh-adjacent, but still with that extra dose of small-town incomprehensibility.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Alhazred posted:

In one of her stand-up shows she calls herself "an intelligent woman trapped in a Scottish accent”.

Her voice is pitched a fair bit lower and raspier than the voice of average young woman, and she is from Bathgate in west Lothian. It's a small-town, slightly run-down bit of Scotland between the bigger population hubs of Falkirk, Edinburgh and Glasgow. It has taken the harshest and most impenetrable elements of all accents and mashed them together. The Lothian accent is not a very popular one, not the sort you will hear very often on TV, even in Scotland itself (save for on the news).

I live less than 25 miles from where Fern was raised and my accent is significantly different again to hers. Hell, even five miles down the road from me the accent switches a fair bit.

Irisi fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 11, 2023

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Alhazred posted:

It is now normal when eating any food for either my wife or myself to just yell out

"Cghhhuuuahhh! WHA EES TH SAAAWSE!? WHA EES IT!?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TMAU chat: I love Luke’s ghostbusters outfit, and his ‘quick conversation’ with his mum was a delight. :allears:

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Irisi posted:

In one of her stand-up shows she calls herself "an intelligent woman trapped in a Scottish accent”.

I think it was on an episode of Wheel of Misfortune where she once described her voice as 'what it would sound like if an animal could talk'

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really wonder if John seriously looked at his sailor hat and thought "this is the item that will get me five points".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alhazred posted:

I really wonder if John seriously looked at his sailor hat and thought "this is the item that will get me five points".

Some of the lamer prize task entries are a result of comedians bringing something too controversial, so they have to find a substitute quickly. But with John, I'm reasonably sure it was his actual best attempt.