Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maybe if he was hitler's best friend he could have steered him away from doing the bad things he did. if you had hte option of being hitler's best friend it's morally super hosed up to not be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

matt healy, gay actor michael douglas, and hitler walk into a bar

calling adam a bug, talking about hitler, are we sure these aren't cumtown fans already

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

That DICK! posted:

maybe if he was hitler's best friend he could have steered him away from doing the bad things he did. if you had hte option of being hitler's best friend it's morally super hosed up to not be.

https://twitter.com/DionDoes/status/1079263677847502848

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1624507108333916162?t=zSgEg2E8YQIOXc-TeSUV4Q&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does jack still post or did he get sick of touching the poop in d&d

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

daniel bessner AND jack allison? shut up and take my money!!!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

i say swears online posted:

does jack still post or did he get sick of touching the poop in d&d

He is still posting I believe.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lol obviously there would be challenges to me being Hitlers friend in real life.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Matty Get Headly

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Austin, from San Diego, wrote on Twitter that his make-out was “an insane experience” that “made [him] feel something [he] couldn’t fully put into words”.

Wtf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Grevling posted:

Austin, from San Diego, wrote on Twitter that his make-out was “an insane experience” that “made [him] feel something [he] couldn’t fully put into words”.

Wtf

gay

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Was eating at a McDonalds when The 1975 comes on over the piped in music and I start cackling like a madman

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it woul dbe cool if carrots gave u night vision like we were told as kids. like eat a carrot and get 10 mins of nvg mode

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

it woul dbe cool if carrots gave u night vision like we were told as kids. like eat a carrot and get 10 mins of nvg mode

This literally happened during the Battle of Britain

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

agreed

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

It worked for Captain America, why not us

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
In actually important podcast news, happy 17th birthday Uhh Yeah Dude
https://twitter.com/johnlarroquette/status/1624510830829260800?t=fr78ZHKAK448CzK0VXhKwQ&s=19

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Norman Finkelstein, one of my problematic faves, was on Aaron Maté's pod Push Back.
Most of it was great, with a visceral takedown of Obama halfway thru, but follows it up with a pathetic " I will call you by your name but I will not use a pronoun which in my opinion contradicts your biological identity" jfc.
Lots of good stuff from him otherwise, his new book sounds good. It's definitely not gonna make him any more popular. He goes at Ta-nahisi Coates, Kimberlé Crenshaw and others about leftist disunity, it's a lot of good stuff, but it feels like (well it's fuckin Aaron maté) norm's going conservative in the same way a lot of old folks do. It's worth a listen even if most of maté's work is like if vaush was 20% smarter

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

majour333 posted:

Norman Finkelstein, one of my problematic faves, was on Aaron Maté's pod Push Back.
Most of it was great, with a visceral takedown of Obama halfway thru, but follows it up with a pathetic " I will call you by your name but I will not use a pronoun which in my opinion contradicts your biological identity" jfc.
Lots of good stuff from him otherwise, his new book sounds good. It's definitely not gonna make him any more popular. He goes at Ta-nahisi Coates, Kimberlé Crenshaw and others about leftist disunity, it's a lot of good stuff, but it feels like (well it's fuckin Aaron maté) norm's going conservative in the same way a lot of old folks do. It's worth a listen even if most of maté's work is like if vaush was 20% smarter

Have you ever read his piece after he got banned from democracy now from joking that Michael Jackson's pronouns were he/he?

quote:

SOME THOUGHTS ON BEING CANCELLED (13 October 2021)

Cambridge University Palestine Society asked me to appear on a Gaza panel tomorrow with two young people from Gaza. I, of course, agreed. But I just received a call from one of the organizers of the event. He said that he had some bad news. I assumed he was going to tell me that, because of pressure exerted by Jewish organizations on the Cambridge administration, I was cancelled. Well, I was cancelled, but because of pressure exerted by BDS. The two speakers from Gaza said that they wouldn’t appear on the same platform as me because of my opinions on BDS. (Did the order to cancel me come from the BDS guru in Ramallah?) The French have an expression: les extremes se touchent (the extremes meet). It’s very hard nowadays to tell apart BDS lunatics from pro-Israel lunatics: they both inhabit a delusional universe.

“Woke” lunatics want to cancel comedian Dave Chappelle because they don’t like his jokes about the LGBTQXYZABC community. A few years ago I told an utterly innocuous joke to one of Amy Goodman’s interns at Democracy Now that mentioned Michael Jackson. A couple of days later the Goddess of Wokeness rang me up. She said that everyone at the Sundance Film Festival was appalled by Michael Jackson after watching a documentary on his life. (As it happens, I’m insufficiently woke to get invited to Sundance.) The fact that I mentioned Jackson’s name in the joke breached the woke rules of etiquette. “The days of white male privilege are over,” she kept intoning over the phone. I was thereafter banned from the studio of Democracy Now! If Goodman had been Mao’s wife during the Cultural Revolution, the Chinese would not now be challenging the U.S.’s global dominance, as half the population would have been killed off.

It appears that “cancel culture” is entering a terminal phase. What’s most revealing about the notorious incident at Arizona State University, where two femxle studexts of cxlxr bullied a couple of “white cis-males,” is that every video posted on Youtube by African-Americans reacting to the incident has defended the “white cis-males”!

Abraham Lincoln reportedly observed, “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all of the time.” It seems people are waking up. Good riddance to cancel culture rubbish!

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
No I never saw it before, but yeah. Him coming off like a broken vitriol spigot is not surprising after listening to that interview. He was so good on Democracy now against Dersh back in the day, and I loved his books about Palestine in the 80s & 90s, really opened my eyes when I started researching the conflict in highschool and college. I just finished his newer book Gaza, it's rough and angry and spot on. Maybe he just doesn't know what to grind his axe against anymore. What a crank. His canon stands up, but he's going down some weird tangents about gender with a real "old man yells at clouds" energy for sure.
To be clear, The Michael Jackson he/he pronoun joke is a truly perfect old uncle joke.
In short, norm go on the Adam Friedland show

majour333 has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Feb 12, 2023

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Have you ever read his piece after he got banned from democracy now from joking that Michael Jackson's pronouns were he/he?

hehe

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
it was funny when he dropped the hard R on the trueanon interview

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

majour333 posted:

No I never saw it before, but yeah. Him coming off like a broken vitriol spigot is not surprising after listening to that interview. He was so good on Democracy now against Dersh back in the day, and I loved his books about Palestine in the 80s & 90s, really opened my eyes when I started researching the conflict in highschool and college. I just finished his newer book Gaza, it's rough and angry and spot on. Maybe he just doesn't know what to grind his axe against anymore. What a crank. His canon stands up, but he's going down some weird tangents about gender with a real "old man yells at clouds" energy for sure.
To be clear, The Michael Jackson he/he pronoun joke is a truly perfect old uncle joke.
In short, norm go on the Adam Friedland show

Yeah he really needs to read up on the twitter multiverse and stop opining on topics that he’s well-versed on for sure. I/P is so loving yesterday and that geriatric freak should learn to take a page out of Taylor Lorenz’s book or just stfu.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
wow somebody woke up on the wrong side of the slutpit today

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lol ian coming out as straight

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

i get emails from ian via patreon of music recommendations. ian... thank you

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

i get emails from ian via patreon of music recommendations. ian... thank you

is it 50 shades of ska

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

Wait there was a ufo shot down where's XCOM
XCOM UFO Defense's Dogfight interface but it's a Chinese balloon.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbf if i can sympathise with anyone going fully embittered it's norman finkelstein

dude was legitimately cancelled and lost his livelihood for being a correct and ethical public academic and has had just about every level of power in the US come down on him

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

tbf if i can sympathise with anyone going fully embittered it's norman finkelstein

dude was legitimately cancelled and lost his livelihood for being a correct and ethical public academic and has had just about every level of power in the US come down on him

having his parents get smeared as kapo too

Xaris posted:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

no idea who this is but that mindforce record is great

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/toomuchistrue/status/1624152174740529159

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why is he against BDS?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the he/he joke was fine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tristeham posted:

why is he against BDS?

https://vimeo.com/36854424

You can watch for yourself. His argument boils down to he supports a Jewish state but not Israel and believes that BDS argues against the existence of such a state.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

biceps crimes posted:

the he/he joke was fine

It is doofy, I can't get mad at only that in isolation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can watch for yourself. His argument boils down to he supports a Jewish state but not Israel and believes that BDS argues against the existence of such a state.
weird

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i Found out Norman was coming to campus an hour before the event and I was already drunk. I ran back, sat in the front row and laughed too loud at his jokes. wish I could remember anything besides a middle aged lady telling me I was handsome, but I hope I gave him courage to speak up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Seems like a bad weird position to take