Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

From GBS:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Last panel should be replaced with him getting run over with a tesla. but I have a killer stomach bug and I’m not doing it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bringing your boss hard data and charts showing he's obnoxious and disliked is a top tier move

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

IUG posted:

Last panel should be replaced with him getting run over with a tesla. but I have a killer stomach bug and I’m not doing it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Exquisite.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/reaghhan/status/1623824129295089664?s=20&t=aJX0ZpRsQQzQK4nFfipXDw

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/frances_coppola/status/1623987990799298560?s=46&t=pFjmm6LWXNhYPKYdqB1DfQ

World's most expensive Jenga tower.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

No it can't be that. It has to be something secret and malicious! :tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1624042986806906883?s=20&t=msh8QsQEXh3_VgXhddkayA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The conservative persecution complex really is something

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's classic authoritarianism. Dear Leader's (or the movement's) undertakings can never be misguided or incorrect, and if they fail then it can only be due to sabotage by traitorous workers seeking to destroy it from within.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lmao, recommendations being fixed is going to result in a lot more Musk tweets getting promoted I bet.

Also the brass balls on that engineer. "Sir, we have some data here that shows your engagements are down because you suck poo poo and people don't like you."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the recommendations are going to be “fixed” by being rigged to what he wants to see and they’ll probably break everyone else’s recommendations in the process

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Telling on themselves again. If I'm not able to persecute, then I must be persecuted.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Main Paineframe posted:

It's classic authoritarianism. Dear Leader's (or the movement's) undertakings can never be misguided or incorrect, and if they fail then it can only be due to sabotage by traitorous workers seeking to destroy it from within.

"The good king led astray by wicked advisors" trope goes back centuries, and that's just with examples I can think of off hand.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at antman thinking Musk is doing the typing scene from NSCI. I mean he is a keyboard warrior, but his weapon is the pathetic formfactor of a phone.

Also more lols at Musk sleeping with all the drugs he does plus the above bird warrior stuff.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"The good king led astray by wicked advisors" trope goes back centuries, and that's just with examples I can think of off hand.

It's always wicked Haman, never wicked Ahasuerus. :smith:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's always wicked Haman, never wicked Ahasuerus. :smith:

Lalli had a good middle ground there

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol, he actually got to the point in his cocaine binge where he went 'gently caress this, I'm doing it anyway':

https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1624114757354799105?s=46&t=3k_XQgTP0-5NGvsejmLSAg

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Remember when he did that poll about whether he should be CEOs still

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

I'm still reveling in the fact that Musk was forced to buy Twotter. I remember all these Tesla stock bros and conservatives making these detailed convoluted arguments about how he can legally just walk away. And after he was forced to buy, they shifted into just loooooving Twitter and claiming that it was such a big brain move to buy it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Elon is now claiming that his tweets are so popular they've been causing system performance issues and that people with big block lists are not only contributing to it but are being used to maliciously reduce the visibility of right-wing shitbags.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624660886572126209?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624678792550846464?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1624669913234436096?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I knew this would lead to Blue accounts becoming unblockable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Sounds like the public would benefit from a free add on that solely blocks Musk.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What if instead of algorithm timeline that could have errors or put you in an "algorithmic black hole", you just get the tweets from accounts you follow and their retweets in reverse chronological order.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Social media is like a spotter's guide for freaks.

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1624597022194995200?s=20&t=KwMs026bY5KQpJCVRXV0hw

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

There's still an eng team? I thought it was just a bunch of yes-men who could code.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I mean their fundie guy before Donnie was also My Son Killed a Dog Huckleberry, Cruz, and even Dr "sleepy, stabbiest stabber, brother bear"Carson.

early camp forming is also useless at this stage, but is also ultimately useless because we all know they will vote for whatever R.

e: Doesnt Obama or Swift/someother music lady still hold the #1 birdspot? how come their numbers arent causing issues?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 12, 2023

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

PhazonLink posted:

I mean their fundie guy before Donnie was also My Son Killed a Dog Huckleberry, Cruz, and even Dr "sleepy, stabbiest stabber, brother bear"Carson.

early camp forming is also useless at this stage, but is also ultimately useless because we all know they will vote for whatever R.

e: Doesnt Obama or Swift/someother music lady still hold the #1 birdspot? how come their numbers arent causing issues?

I think that post by Greta burning andrew tate took the #1 spot

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's still an eng team? I thought it was just a bunch of yes-men who could code.

Oh they don't know how to code.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

:wow:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Surprise: it's not actually Elon, but a monster pretending to be Elon! That's right, it's a false king plot, we're in a jrpg motherfuckers!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, then it can turn out that social media is incarnated as a monster and someone can kill it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Edit whoops wrong thread

CopywrightMMXI fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 13, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I like Lance but he’s 45 years old and not the type of guy you want to build up too much. He’s also not the type of guy you want to job out too much either. His niche is squashes and the occasional upper midcard program.

How are his recommendations though

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Dick Trauma posted:

Elon is now claiming that his tweets are so popular they've been causing system performance issues and that people with big block lists are not only contributing to it but are being used to maliciously reduce the visibility of right-wing shitbags.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624660886572126209?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1624678792550846464?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1624669913234436096?s=20&t=oJAY7x9NcveeW2jaLHJhAg
Lol, Musk shoved these freaks on everybody’s timelines, and it only resulted in more people blocking them and tanking them on the algorithm.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 13, 2023

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Agents are GO! posted:

Surprise: it's not actually Elon, but a monster pretending to be Elon! That's right, it's a false king plot, we're in a jrpg motherfuckers!

After killing the monster, Elon breaks free from the crystal he'd been trapped in, only to start ranting about his master vision and the final boss music starts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

You really do get the sense now that everything he tweets is mainly for the sake of his right wing buddies seeing it and it really doesn't matter who else sees them or not or if anybody else even knows what the gently caress he's talking about. Instead of just having a private chat with them on discord or some other private chat app though it's all just blasted out on twitter cause he wants to show the world what a totally great platform it is at any given time of the day even if his thoughts and assertions aren't meant for the meager masses that cannot comprehend the minds of catturd2 and Ian Miles Cheong

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Kale posted:

You really do get the sense now that everything he tweets is mainly for the sake of his right wing buddies seeing it and it really doesn't matter who else sees them or not or if anybody else even knows what the gently caress he's talking about. Instead of just having a private chat with them on discord or some other private chat app though it's all just blasted out on twitter cause he wants to show the world what a totally great platform it is at any given time of the day even if his thoughts and assertions aren't meant for the meager masses that cannot comprehend the minds of catturd2 and Ian Miles Cheong

Because it isn't about chatting with like-minded folks.

I don't think it's even about proving Twitter is so great.

It's about cramming their lovely views and ideas in your face one way or another. They're at such a fever pitch with their half-baked concept of "free speech" that there's chatter in Elon's replies about emptying everyone's block list and disabling blocking.

Hell, I'm at a point where I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to get one of them to argue that locking your home is immoral censorship in the off chance some chud wants to barge in and proselytize.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

No, he definitely wants EVERYONE to see his poo poo. He is extremely concerned about how many impressions he is getting. Dude paid 44 billion dollars to force everyone to see his shitposts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Sorta wondering why he hasn't pulled a Myspace Tom or an iTunes U2 album if that's what he wants.