Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

maxe posted:

tried to buy a simrell FMJ and maybe a titanium tip but somehow the only place on the internet i can find to buy it will only let me pay by loving bank transfer or signing up for some sketchy payment plan poo poo?????

to hell with that

Was that https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/

If so they're legit. A lot of online weed places in AU only have bank transfer. Something to do with state drug paraphernalia laws. I can vouch for that site though. Bought heaps of stuff from them.

Alternatively go buy some 100% copper sheeting (bout 1.5mm thick) and snip and wrap it yourself I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
well ok i've sent them a bank transfer.

all copying BSB numbers and payment references between browser tabs like an ape

cant wait to get high off my riced up vape

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Oi maxe, are we still within cooee of each other? We should smoke up some time

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Carth Dookie posted:

Was that https://hightechvaporizers.com.au/

If so they're legit. A lot of online weed places in AU only have bank transfer. Something to do with state drug paraphernalia laws. I can vouch for that site though. Bought heaps of stuff from them.

It's less about the specific laws and more about the banks, company formation agents and payment processors being giant prudes. It's very hard to get your account through risk assessment if you have anything to do with drugs or sex work (inc. only fans), even if it's legal. Source - I am a qualified compliance officer.

We have a local problem with this especially, my lefty accountant/bookkeeper friend is making bank doing the books for local onlyfans creators because he's the only accounting firm willing to touch it. We're considering getting licensed for company formation to compliment his business.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Jestery posted:

Oi maxe, are we still within cooee of each other? We should smoke up some time

i thought you moved away? im still in the 4051 tho

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's less about the specific laws and more about the banks, company formation agents and payment processors being giant prudes.

The UK legal pharmacy that I use had their payment provider drop them after they found out the clinic sold cannabis. It made no difference that the cannabis was totally legal pharmaceutical medication

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

maxe posted:

i thought you moved away? im still in the 4051 tho

I did move, but we are like a moderate bike ride away from each other

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think this year I might pick up a Storz and Bickel Plenty for my 4/20 purchase, I miss that thing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ_mRwLn9Ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnqCUlmCS4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bagmonkey posted:

I think this year I might pick up a Storz and Bickel Plenty for my 4/20 purchase, I miss that thing

looking up review vids and this is sort of the vibe:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

looking up review vids and this is sort of the vibe:

why tho? i remember it being a really solid plugin vape that produced tons of vapor. I tried a true desktop vape once and it just doesn't work for my use case (I'm an outdoor smoker)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

why tho? i remember it being a really solid plugin vape that produced tons of vapor. I tried a true desktop vape once and it just doesn't work for my use case (I'm an outdoor smoker)

he said that the airflow was too wide open and you never get a concentrated hit. which is funny cause that's the same vibe of got off the Volcano. Felt like I was hyperventilating to get a decent hit, even though we filled that fucker with weed.

sidenote I just hit my dynavap and man, it's got me pretty chilled out.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

he said that the airflow was too wide open and you never get a concentrated hit. which is funny cause that's the same vibe of got off the Volcano. Felt like I was hyperventilating to get a decent hit, even though we filled that fucker with weed.

sidenote I just hit my dynavap and man, it's got me pretty chilled out.

Lol same, I will probably end up finally buying an induction heater and a ti tip instead I think

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

trying to use the whip out of a volcano requires using a chamber reducer and using a tighter pack. If you don't you're going to need to be andre the giant to get a concentrated hit out something with such little air resistance

but the volcano can deplete the bowl into a bag which you can then delete into your lungs immediately.

I bought the bag material and created one that was 2x the length that would drain one bowl, so it's pretty efficient because you can inhale the entire bowl. that's concentrated

that being said my mighty is what is use more often, sipping on a whip is more pleasant when chillin and it takes up less desk space.

it was nice during and after COVID to be able to hand guests their own bag of weed vape with a sanitized mouth piece, everyone appreciated being able to walk around not having to share a spit soaked roach, with everyone licking their finger to try and repair the canoeing

so I understand not liking the volcano. but it will weed-scalp you if you're 1bag1bowling it correctly

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pls don't reopost my onlyfans

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ok so tell me about your tech on dynavap reclaim. I just realized I might have a bounty of thc in there since I've only ever cleaned the tips and I've had it for months.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i have a big plastic test tube thing w/ a lid that came with my herbalaire I think. I disassemble my dynavap into there w/ alcohol and kosher salt, shake it good, clean my bong, shake it again, and it's usually ready to go. then flush the alcohol down the toilet so it doesn't stink up the bathroom

if it's an emergency I guess you could skip the salt and let it evaporate on a dinner plate in a well ventilated area away from open flame

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

if I'm running low or I'm out completely I'll scrape whatever reclaim I can out of my glass stems and dab them, then I toss my stems along with whatever reclaim is left in them into a mason jar with food-grade grain alcohol for an hour or so and then take the stems out and wash them with soap and water

it's the same jar and alcohol every time, I just gradually build up the thc content in it over a period of months/years like a piggy bank. it's pretty nasty by itself but a spoonful in your dinner won't be too noticeable

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Just bought an FMJ today as well. Liking the Dynavap M quite a bit. but not having to turn it would be awesome. Ordered mine from here.

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/simrells-full-metal-jacket-fmj

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I just had a genius idea. You know those quartz beads that people use to vape? What if you filled your bong with those and some water? Like you'd get a shitload of aeration/cavitation and thermal mass from all those beads and water. Would probably work better than a showerhead downstem.

e, gently caress I hate great ideas cause some dickhead has already done it:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 12, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my weed stuff. Can't wait to use it today.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

sigher posted:

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to clean my weed stuff. Can't wait to use it today.

Is an ultrasonic cleaner anything like a “Banana Polisher (for men)”? Because I’ve never bought a single banana off of amazon and it keeps trying to sell me banana polishers (for men).

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The Dynavap is super easy to make stem milk with the reclaim. Simmer the bowl (take out the screen) and the condenser (take off the o-rings) in some milk for about ten mins or so. At that point they can just be rinsed clean for re-assembly, or hit them with some iso to get them really sparking.

Whisk in some hot chocolate or whatever you like to the milk, and enjoy, ideally on a chill Sunday morning.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Matinee posted:

The Dynavap is super easy to make stem milk with the reclaim. Simmer the bowl (take out the screen) and the condenser (take off the o-rings) in some milk for about ten mins or so. At that point they can just be rinsed clean for re-assembly, or hit them with some iso to get them really sparking.

Whisk in some hot chocolate or whatever you like to the milk, and enjoy, ideally on a chill Sunday morning.
I feel like your avatar picture goes with this post well if you think of the goose as milk.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just had a genius idea. You know those quartz beads that people use to vape? What if you filled your bong with those and some water? Like you'd get a shitload of aeration/cavitation and thermal mass from all those beads and water. Would probably work better than a showerhead downstem.

e, gently caress I hate great ideas cause some dickhead has already done it:

This is more of a gimmick than not as it is, the whole idea around using quartz/ruby beads to heat you weed is heating the beads, and drawing air through a head of beads so it dissipates the air rapidly over multiple surfaces that retain heat really well, so when it blasts your flower it has a lot of turbulent hot air that was just diffused through various other hot beads. So just having the vapor run through the beads at the end is for more of a cooling effect, and.. yeah that'd do something, but not enough to put up with the cleaning running reclaim over this many beads consistently would cause.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

This is more of a gimmick than not as it is, the whole idea around using quartz/ruby beads to heat you weed is heating the beads, and drawing air through a head of beads so it dissipates the air rapidly over multiple surfaces that retain heat really well, so when it blasts your flower it has a lot of turbulent hot air that was just diffused through various other hot beads. So just having the vapor run through the beads at the end is for more of a cooling effect, and.. yeah that'd do something, but not enough to put up with the cleaning running reclaim over this many beads consistently would cause.

noted. well heck.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It's something a lovely cyberpunk nerd would use , not actually practical unfortunately

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

20 years ago, I made a bong from a long piece of copper tube I coiled up and put into a little bucket, filled the bucket with water and froze it. the ends of the copper were protruding out the top so I could put a bowl in one and a whip on the other (which fed into a bong). it was the craziest milk hit poo poo you've ever seen and it got gross after a few uses so I gave it up, but drat it did cool that poo poo (too good).

it looked like this:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 12, 2023

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It looks like an inline wort cooler

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I love hearing stories of people more brave than I using whatever's around as a pipe, and you literally used copper pipe lmao

does anyone know, for my ignorant rear end, what is potentially lining the inside of a copper pipe that would not be good to inhale?

I only use silicone and glass but in the early days I would entertain a hit from plastic bottle pipes, waterfall bongs made from 2 litres, using pipe fitting as elbow connectors, etc

But I already don't have great lung capacity and doing a bunch of research before switching to vaping entirely made me leery of anything that isn't medical grade

the cooling with that much copper pipe through that much water probably made the bong at the end unnecessary, but I guess the water does trap some carbon or something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

20 years ago, I made a bong from a long piece of copper tube I coiled up and put into a little bucket, filled the bucket with water and froze it. the ends of the copper were protruding out the top so I could put a bowl in one and a whip on the other (which fed into a bong). it was the craziest milk hit poo poo you've ever seen and it got gross after a few uses so I gave it up, but drat it did cool that poo poo (too good).

it looked like this:

I really need to resurrect my cooler project, it's sitting on a shelf lol

it's just a graham condenser with a little pump and water tank hooked up, but I want to try to connect a peltier cooler to the tank and thus draw the vapor through reeeeeal cold coils

it'll get gross, but cleaning will be easy enough, and it'll only get brought out for the real serious nights lol

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

forest spirit posted:

I love hearing stories of people more brave than I using whatever's around as a pipe, and you literally used copper pipe lmao

does anyone know, for my ignorant rear end, what is potentially lining the inside of a copper pipe that would not be good to inhale?

I only use silicone and glass but in the early days I would entertain a hit from plastic bottle pipes, waterfall bongs made from 2 litres, using pipe fitting as elbow connectors, etc

But I already don't have great lung capacity and doing a bunch of research before switching to vaping entirely made me leery of anything that isn't medical grade

the cooling with that much copper pipe through that much water probably made the bong at the end unnecessary, but I guess the water does trap some carbon or something

copper piping is used for hot water systems and a bunch of other domestic plumbing.

Buy plumbing supplies and flush anything you bend/make with water to clear any filings/dust and then iso to sterilize.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

ok so tell me about your tech on dynavap reclaim. I just realized I might have a bounty of thc in there since I've only ever cleaned the tips and I've had it for months.

Take piece of cotton wool, push it through the condenser with a skewer or something else thin. Set the now extremely sticky cotton aside, reassemble dynavap, put cotton in the tip and vape like normal.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

SwissDonkey posted:

Take piece of cotton wool, push it through the condenser with a skewer or something else thin. Set the now extremely sticky cotton aside, reassemble dynavap, put cotton in the tip and vape like normal.

a bit-off end of q-tip works, but soak the back end in iso to scrub the inside after the good bit is safe

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SwissDonkey posted:

good tips thanks. I've read now about ramming a nug through there also.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

forest spirit posted:

the copper never got hot cause it was submerged in the iceblock. that said it tasted gross after only a few uses cause the smoke was getting so thick and yellow it would just coat the pipe, so I quit using it. also it would make me cough like crazy with those super dense milk hits.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SwissDonkey posted:

it never would have occurred to me to do that because I would have thought the cotton wool would burn.

but I suppose if I'm not getting much higher than 200 degrees I suppose it wouldn't. Interesting.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Can confirm the cotton bud trick

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

Can confirm the cotton bud trick

I'm wary of vaping what is essentially concentrated weed goo. How lit does it get you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm wary of vaping what is essentially concentrated weed goo. How lit does it get you?

12/10. Be warned though, if vaping flower makes you cough, prepare for 10 minutes of coughing.