Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lmao countered and KOd. gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Mitch Trubisky would have been the best QB on the Jets last season lol.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

Mitch Trubisky would have been the best QB on the Jets last season lol.

lol 100% accurate

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

somebody didn’t read the Tua learning judo story :smugdog:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Excellent thread development.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apparently Fangio delayed the dolphins signing because he got a fat stack from Philly for 2 weeks
Which as we all know is a cover, as he was tortured and forced to sign the contract with a team he hates

Guy is just banking this season though

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status...ingawful.com%2F

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

That’s pretty cool. I had no idea coaches did stuff like that.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Professor Funk posted:

That’s pretty cool. I had no idea coaches did stuff like that.

There's been some older coaches who work as consultants now and do special projects for teams, but I wonder if we'll see a trend of people just tagging in for the playoffs or Super Bowl at this rate.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'd thought he was consulting for the Eagles all season?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Getting paid bank to tell them to double Kelce.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1622978965865484288

I know this has nothing to do with football lol. APH you still proud of living in Florida? You want me to pick up a copy and send it to you before it's to late?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I don't really get how removing books from school curriculums is "banning" them tbqh

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

I know this has nothing to do with football lol. APH you still proud of living in Florida? You want me to pick up a copy and send it to you before it's to late?

Uh what kind of "own" do you think you're pulling off here exactly

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sean10mm posted:

Uh what kind of "own" do you think you're pulling off here exactly

Just that florida is a shithole lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Professor Funk posted:

I don't really get how removing books from school curriculums is "banning" them tbqh
they are being banned from the municipal school curriculum and libraries, where children are supposed to have easy access to children's books. what's the disconnect

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s sad that as a Floridian I can’t even give my Kansas friends poo poo because we are the most Nazi of all

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

indigi posted:

they are being banned from the municipal school curriculum and libraries, where children are supposed to have easy access to children's books. what's the disconnect

Oh I somehow totally missed the part about them being removed from classroom libraries, which makes it worse. That's what I get for off the cuff responding after scrolling the link on my phone lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The insanity of some dipshit trying to get headlines to beat Trump doesn’t really have an effect me so yup still love living here.

edit wait why you are reading children's books?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 12, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Movement

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1624863745343094787?s=46&t=ENYtXdhq6JQHLq3VSMfyaQ

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Feels like a weird time for this news to “officially” come out. Or I guess just a weird piece of news to break in general given I assume everyone knew it already.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 12, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah i don’t think it’s news necessarily. RapSheet said they were huddled this week to determine path forward and who to target so might just be price checking Rodgers and Lamar.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How much do you think this dude gets paid for reporting the hard hitting, inside info like this?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah it just seems very intentional to signal that Rodgers is their Plan A.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1624876091247628288?s=46&t=g_DG8FeHR3cfCswr-4oq0Q

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The Jets can get Carr for nothing instead of maybe 1 year of Rodgers for way too much. This is going to be up there in bad deals

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

If Carr becomes a FA then the Jets gotta go hard for him

I wouldn't mind Rodgers but I think the cost will be excessive for a 1-2 year rental. If they're ready to go big they should park the Brinks+picks truck up outside Ravens HQ and get a deal done for Lamar

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, the big advantage of Carr is you can structure his deal however you please. The Rodgers one has a built in awful cap hit right now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That not true. Rodgers cap hit for an acquiring team is like $16m this year and $32m in 2024. You take the brunt of it after he’d probably be gone.

quote:

The new team would have a $15.79 million 2023 cap hit for Rodgers consisting of the $14.575 million of option proration bonus, his $1.165 million base salary and $50,000 workout bonus. Rodgers' 2024, 2025 and 2026 cap numbers would be $32,541,666, $51,141,166 and $45,291,668.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

The insanity of some dipshit trying to get headlines to beat Trump doesn’t really have an effect me so yup still love living here.

edit wait why you are reading children's books?

A weird own for this thread sure but let's not pretend that's it's normal and won't have any bad effects that say The Big Book of Black Quarterbacks, or a book about Jim Brown or Al Davis, would be illegal for a teacher to even suggest to a student interested in Black history in football

Anywho let's all enjoy the big game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1624113453299269632
Lot of word salad here from Josina but the Jets are doing work on quarterbacks who might not be known to be available? Make Lamar happen.

fsif posted:

I mean "not known to be available" opens up the imagination. Kirk Cousins? Kyler Murray? Carson Wentz?

Matt Stafford

https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/status/1624880501298458624

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I would be very surprised if Matthew Stafford wasn’t as cooked as Trump likes his steaks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pretty glad the Bills didn't make the Super Bowl right now.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Yeah, this would be, like...28-10 Eagles right now. If not worse the Bills would play for the field goal at the end of the half. I can just see the Eagles feasting on our relatively predictable, relatively one-dimensional offense. Josh would probably have at least 1 turnover.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Better than any non rodgers/Lamar option.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

I'm not.
I'm still butthurt that they didn't make it.

It's kinda alot to ask but the Buffalo Bills need to make the Superbowl and win it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I'm not.
I'm still butthurt that they didn't make it.

It's kinda alot to ask but the Buffalo Bills need to make the Superbowl and win it.
Maybe if we didn't have to play the Chiefs or Bengals in the playoffs somehow....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Isentropy posted:

A weird own for this thread sure but let's not pretend that's it's normal and won't have any bad effects that say The Big Book of Black Quarterbacks, or a book about Jim Brown or Al Davis, would be illegal for a teacher to even suggest to a student interested in Black history in football

Anywho let's all enjoy the big game
Shut upppppp

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Maybe if we didn't have to play the Chiefs or Bengals in the playoffs somehow....

well theoretically *pushes up glasses" they COULD beat those teams.
Once that's out of the way, then they can make it to the Superbowl!

For now all we have is oppressing New England which is...still kind of nice

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any season they have Allen back there is a season where they could do it

To make it more realistic though there’s gotta be changes

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Probably should ship Diggs and his bad attitude out of town. That dude is a cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You know who you never see complaining? That’s right, Gabriel Davis