Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have not been able to connect to a ranked or casual game. I just sit in the queue for 5 minutes or so then give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crafty posted:

I absolutely love poo poo like this, feels retro when people get mad. Not enough of it around anymore, I want more nerds frothing at the mouth.

I got a few messages from teabagging people in halo, feels good man

Teabagging a sniper in Bad Company 2 or CoD MW on Xbox Live and getting rage audio messages was amazing

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Xbox is handing out automated bans for essentially any message now so I just stopped sending messages back. It's incredibly lame. Even if they send you something completely offensive and you send something normal back and they report first you just get hit by their really bad AI review system. I went up 2-0 on someone in fifa and they quit when they tied me at 2-2 so that I wouldnt get a win towards an objective, they guy messaged me first to rub this in and I got a 4 day ban for saying "I already did the objective. People like you aren't hard to beat".

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Get baited bitch.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Some guy on the xbox sub posted recently about a ban for messaging "who put a hole in that wall" in Siege I think. Online is super soft nowadays.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why would you message at all? Psycho behavior.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

American McGay posted:

Why would you message at all? Psycho behavior.

I dont think I've ever messaged anyone first but I find the hate mail I receive really funny. Shame you literally cant message anything back now. Some guy got really mad at me in tekken and after awhile in the messages tried to sell me percocets.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No matter what you respond with they win. That’s the entire point.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

American McGay posted:

No matter what you respond with they win. That’s the entire point.

not really, ive witnessed some epic meltdowns just by putting "lol" to hate mail.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Nintendo are the only ones to give gamers the appropriate amount of responsibility when it comes to communication.

I'm using tilt controls! I'm using tilt controls! Good luck! I'm using tilt controls!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

ColdPie posted:

Nintendo are the only ones to give gamers the appropriate amount of responsibility when it comes to communication.

I'm using tilt controls! I'm using tilt controls! Good luck! I'm using tilt controls!

finger, but hole!

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Favorite messages this last year were MLB players sending condolences because they hit a bullshit single and knew they didn't deserve it. I have like a handful of them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

not really, ive witnessed some epic meltdowns just by putting "lol" to hate mail.

I remember the old profiles and having a 95% avoided for bad sportsmanship on MW/MW2/Black Ops while playing im goon teams, mortaring/tubing/shotgunning pubbies to hell made paying for Gold worth it. Never replied to hate messages with more than :D or lol

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It doesn't happen often, but it makes my day when I get an angry message. Most memorable one off the top of my head was some random dude wishing my family and I get COVID because I killed him in The Darwin Project followed by "U think ur good? Id slam u kid". I respond with a laughing emoji which usually pisses them off even more.

Most recent rage I get is armchair generals once in a while in Overwatch telling me over voice chat that I'm not healing enough when I'm healing them most of the match and how autistic I am for not switching characters.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Xbox: feels retro when people get mad

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/accessories/controllers/stellar-shift-special-edition

:eyepop:

This is pretty and I must have it

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

How about some games to control with it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crafty posted:

I absolutely love poo poo like this, feels retro when people get mad. Not enough of it around anymore, I want more nerds frothing at the mouth.

I got a few messages from teabagging people in halo, feels good man

Last time I killed someone in Elden Ring, I got a message and braced myself, but they just said "good fight."

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

I picked up the lunar shift one that’s basically just a grey/silver version of this one and I love it. That color scheme is extremely dope however and now I kinda want it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Last few messages I've received are scam that starts with "I used to play with you and this is my new GT" which yeah nah

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

nom epique posted:

they work on PCs

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Beastie posted:

Last few messages I've received are scam that starts with "I used to play with you and this is my new GT" which yeah nah

I got camgirl spam for a while but that seems to have mostly stopped.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

nom epique posted:

Can use it to play games on Apple Arcade.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Professor Beetus posted:

Last time I killed someone in Elden Ring, I got a message and braced myself, but they just said "good fight."

being polite and commending your enemies is far more powerful than responding to hate messages….

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Space Jam posted:

being polite and commending your enemies is far more powerful than responding to hate messages….

Hate messages are without honor.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Space Jam posted:

Not quite the same as an XBL message but Chivalry 2 allows players to give a kudos (it comes with some xp as well) to another after they are killed.

Sort of a "tip of the hat" sort of thing, and it's always fun after a prolonged clash

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Beastie posted:

Not quite the same as an XBL message but Chivalry 2 allows players to give a kudos (it comes with some xp as well) to another after they are killed.

Sort of a "tip of the hat" sort of thing, and it's always fun after a prolonged clash

I only do this by accident when I'm mashing buttons because i'm mad that some rear end in a top hat had the audacity to kill me

I'm 39 years old

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Crafty posted:

I only do this by accident when I'm mashing buttons because i'm mad that some rear end in a top hat had the audacity to kill me

I'm 39 years old

he walked into that one (meaning your nuts)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

External Organs posted:

he walked into that one (meaning your nuts)

He went on to make an excuse about his ping and the fact that he was playing on an XBOX ONE - but the damage was done, he had been mortally wounded.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

and the fact that he was playing on an XBOX ONE

Hey, we tried to warn him.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've been playing a ton of CoD and the prox chat makes for some real toxic garbage. No joke today in three games I was accused of sucking dick for killing someone (something like "surprised you could kill me with that dick in your mouth") and for dying to someone later on ("gotta watch your back man, can't suck dick all day")

wild wild west poo poo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

Hey, we tried to warn him.

If you could teabag via kinect I'd be tempted to go back. World wasn't ready

Crafty fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 13, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wild Hearts has a 10 hour trial starting today through the EA app. It looks alright.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Wiltsghost posted:

Wild Hearts has a 10 hour trial starting today through the EA app. It looks alright.

For some reason I thought this was a rhythm game lmao

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

External Organs posted:

For some reason I thought this was a rhythm game lmao

probably thinking of it's prequel, Sayonara Wild Hearts :v:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

xK1 posted:

probably thinking of it's prequel, Sayonara Wild Hearts :v:

Precisely!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Omnikin posted:

I've been playing a ton of CoD and the prox chat makes for some real toxic garbage. No joke today in three games I was accused of sucking dick for killing someone (something like "surprised you could kill me with that dick in your mouth") and for dying to someone later on ("gotta watch your back man, can't suck dick all day")

wild wild west poo poo

Serves you right for playing CoD

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you like sucking dick you'll never be insulted a day in your life.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The proximity chat seems dumb in cod, it carries way too far. You can hear people really clearly when they’re two floors up and a few rooms over. Dumb. It’s a big disadvantage to be in game chat rather than partying up.

Splinter cell multiplayer did it best, you had to crouch over someone’s knocked out body to speak to them. Perfect

I’m sure other games did proximity chat a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like the concept of proximity chat but the real life implementation is just bound to be an utter disaster.

Even if it isn’t constant slurs it would still be a lot of noisy poo poo from the background of whatever gamer’s hovel.