Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol yeah let's minimize him targeting underage girls.

She was 16 and he was 33.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aphrodite posted:

Whoa what the hell?

Man he really was pretty drat likable in these movies... did he do the series a favor by going 2 fast 2 furious irl and killing himself before his pedophilia came to light?

Sandwolf posted:

look at Netflix rn, the people that run these companies are not intelligent
This quote never gets old
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1598060314926481419

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

F.D. Signifier posted:

Whoa what the hell?

Man he really was pretty drat likable in these movies... did he do the series a favor by going 2 fast 2 furious irl and killing himself before his pedophilia came to light?

This quote never gets old
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1598060314926481419
Hastings also left Netflix last month

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

F.D. Signifier posted:

Whoa what the hell?

He was still with her when he died, it was no secret.

She was actually the second 16 year old he started a relationship with.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hastings also left Netflix last month
lmao

Aphrodite posted:

He was still with her when he died, it was no secret.

She was actually the second 16 year old he started a relationship with.
Wow he was a regular Wooderson wasn't he

It may not have been a secret but it definitely wasn't publicized as part of the Fast and Furious press tour or anything like that

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

His ears must’ve been ringing all the time when he was on set for Running Scared

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

All the first post needed was this info.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

All the first post needed was this info.

Again, it wasn't a big secret at all. Maybe if your first impulse is to minimize and defend something like that instead of taking 2 minutes to Google it, you might want to examine that

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Again, it wasn't a big secret at all. Maybe if your first impulse is to minimize and defend something like that instead of taking 2 minutes to Google it, you might want to examine that

I don’t have extensive knowledge of celebrities hosed up sex stuff. Context with that is nice.

For example, if I just said Alec Baldwin shot and killed someone, but you didn't already know that, it would be super cool if I said it was on the set of a movie and the arms person put a live round in the gun instead of a blank.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 12, 2023

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I dunno how y'all are defining "not a secret" but it's definitely not something you'd know unless you went looking for it specifically. Like it's great to be outraged about stuff, but it's also kinda weird to expect everyone -- or anyone, really -- to have working knowledge of every celebrity-related sex crime, especially in regards to a guy who's been dead for about ten years. :sweatdrop:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Everyone should know about all celebrities hosed up sex lives. It makes for great conversation starters at house parties.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly there are going to be new trailers for Guardians and Flash tonight.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

Supposedly there are going to be new trailers for Guardians and Flash tonight.

The trailer for Flash looks good, but I won't be seeing anything with Ezra Miller in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebWYacbdvc
The Flash

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving lmao, that barely even seems like a Flash movie

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Supergirl looked cool. Weird seeing Keaton Batman do action stuff.

But yeah that doesn't look like a Flash movie. It's like Man of Steel except with Supergirl and a couple of Batmans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well I didn't expect literally doubling down.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Batman steals another loving DC movie, I guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arist posted:

loving lmao, that barely even seems like a Flash movie
Yeah that is a shitload of stuff in one movie

Michael Keaton Batman, Supergirl, Zod, Batfleck, two Barrys, Brainiac?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A second Ezra Miller has hit Hawaii

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Having that come out 2 years after No Way Home is such peak DC

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

No wonder they couldn't recast Ezra and do reshoots. They filmed two roles lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Was it previously known that Zod would be back for this? I haven't been keeping up with this movie but I was surprised to see him show up again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That trailer is going to be better than the movie lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Guardians 3 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcncLPi9zw

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Groot lookin wide.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well we got like 2 more glimpses of Adam Warlock this time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I think Guardians 3 is gonna have some big emotional moments

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was really hoping for another Secret Invasion trailer or a Marcels teaser.

I feel like Drax is gonna be the one, mostly how Batista has been talking.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

With his new role it's pretty safe to say Gunn isn't going to be making a part 4 anytime soon and I can't imagine them hiring a new director. Guardians will probably still show up in the big stuff but yeah they aren't all making it out

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gunn has said he won't be doing a part 4 since before the DC job anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I was really hoping for another Secret Invasion trailer or a Marcels teaser.

I feel like Drax is gonna be the one, mostly how Batista has been talking.
Yeah I could see that, it would kind of make sense for his arc

His whole story starts with his family being killed, and to have it end with him sacrificing himself for his new family feels like an appropriate way to end it

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Arist posted:

Batman steals another loving DC movie, I guess

At this point I'm grateful. Would rather have more Keaton Batman than Miller Flash.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Not sure I like Zod as a main threat in Flash but Themyscira vs Atlantis from Flashpoint would have made this even more pointlessly expensive so whatever, have Kara punch big ships.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

With his new role it's pretty safe to say Gunn isn't going to be making a part 4 anytime soon and I can't imagine them hiring a new director. Guardians will probably still show up in the big stuff but yeah they aren't all making it out

Rumor is that there will be a new team at the end of the film, which obviously isn't gonna be Gunn carrying on, but a team Marvel can use in the future.

One of the reasons I think Rocket will make it is because he is CGI, and Cooper only has to do voiceovers, so it's pretty easy to keep using him unlike actors who age out or like Bautista, get tired of having to bulk up all the time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Gunn has said he won't be doing a part 4 since before the DC job anyway.

Yeah but they all say that all the time, this time there's actual background stuff to make it believeable

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Admittedly, that Flash trailer was neat. As someone who doesn't really give a poo poo at all about DC movies, it actually seemed kinda compelling and fun. I can kinda see why WB has been so adamant that this needed to come out, because it might actually be a good movie that people might actually like for a change.

Probably still not gonna watch it though.

GotG3 trailer is also pretty good. I hope nobody actually dies because I think the characters all deserve a happy ending. You don't always need to kill of characters to have some sort of definitive end for them, you know? I'd like to see some more Adam and get a better sense of what his deal is gonna be, but I guess I gotta wait to see the movie for that. At least we finally got a decent look at the High Evolutionary and what the actual threat of the movie might be. Looking at the character's comic history, they are connected to A LOT of stuff in Marvel, so I wonder if any of that will translate into the MCU at all, or if it will be just another villain that dies by the end of the movie.

I guess the fact that I have no idea where this movie could be going with things is good and the trailers haven't given anything away. Looking forward to it. Unless someone dies.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That Flash trailer looks good enough to watch on home video, but not good enough to go into a theater for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Jamesman posted:

Admittedly, that Flash trailer was neat. As someone who doesn't really give a poo poo at all about DC movies, it actually seemed kinda compelling and fun. I can kinda see why WB has been so adamant that this needed to come out, because it might actually be a good movie that people might actually like for a change.

Probably still not gonna watch it though.

Same, and same.

I mean for starters this is the first live-action Batman movie in at least 15 years that actually uses the cape as a flight device and more importantly as part of the character. I get so frustrated with endless versions that treat the cape as an annoying decoration they need to throw back over his shoulders out of the way.

But gently caress Ezra and the DCU I'll easily skip this and watch the Keaton scenes on YouTube next year.