Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
unless its december

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

usually game club picks are "start fresh"

ok, thanks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

made a ton of progress before the Eagles win tonight. think i can finally explore a lot more of Twin Labyrinths+take on the Inferno Cavern guardian

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not every game needs a Platinum and I'm not sure that should be one on the whole

Arch Nemesis posted:

If I already have save files for max payne that give me access to harder difficulties do I need to start over or can I use them? wondering if multiple plays within the time limit is supposed to be part of the challenge

That Little Demon posted:

usually game club picks are "start fresh"

yeah the reason I made that last trophy a plat was because it sounded like it would mean doing 3 playthroughs, which I didn't really love in the first place. And the broken adaptive difficulty thing is making me think that higher-difficulty playthroughs would be even more redundant and no fun anyway. We were kind of reaching since Max Payne doesn't have a lot of trophy material lol.

I think the trophies need a little tweaking, here's my suggestion for a replacement set:

: Beat the game
: Defeat the Trio (Pilate Providence, Joe Salem, and Vince Mugnaio)
: Beat New York Minute mode

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 24, 2023

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I think that's better. It's a straightforward game, no point reaching

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
so how do i start the twins' guardian fight? there's a tablet that talks about fives witches plus one more, and a room on the right side has a fifth witch show up when the first four are defeated, but nothing seems to happen if i let her live or defeat her. the witch room on the left only has the four, no other one shows up

I'm too much of a fool for the gate of illusion. there used to be a ghost, but it's gone now

A little brother hooked me up and now i have the dragon head but it does nothing to Bahamut's Wedge

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
somehow steam stopped selling max payne in most of the world in mid 2021, but thankfully it's available through humble

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Zetsubou-san posted:

so how do i start the twins' guardian fight? there's a tablet that talks about fives witches plus one more, and a room on the right side has a fifth witch show up when the first four are defeated, but nothing seems to happen if i let her live or defeat her. the witch room on the left only has the four, no other one shows up

I'm too much of a fool for the gate of illusion. there used to be a ghost, but it's gone now

A little brother hooked me up and now i have the dragon head but it does nothing to Bahamut's Wedge

try and do both rooms one after the other

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

somehow steam stopped selling max payne in most of the world in mid 2021, but thankfully it's available through humble

the steam version wouldn't even launch for me, that may be why lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I just bought it on PS5 for $15. Is there an official start time or can we just go whenever?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

oh gently caress lol I was banking on it working

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I just bought it on PS5 for $15. Is there an official start time or can we just go whenever?

it starts when God Hand ends, at 11:59pm on Tuesday night

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

quote:

Game starts 2/15/23 12AM EST

r>c>p

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

oh gently caress lol I was banking on it working

it's probably possible to get it working, I didn't spend any time on it at all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I have a physical copy of the PC version but I dunno if I wanna wrangle getting that to work so I might just go PS2 on XBSX2.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

if you start early im banning you, the gameclub is more important than this forum

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

if you start early im banning you, the gameclub is more important than this forum
They're an overzealous grey forums weirdo who needs to post itt about 90% less. Ready your weapons.

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh yeah max payne is another hard to run game, the dream scenes in particular can break easily so you might not even find out until you get there

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I think I'll be playing the ps2 version for operational ease

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m not gonna start until the actual start. I’m still learning the rules. Literally why I asked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Here's a thought: Sit your white rear end down and listen.

----------------

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Used the dragon head but I dunno what it actually did. Got the ankh in twins but no leads on the jewel and I really hate this place lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

P-Mack posted:

Used the dragon head but I dunno what it actually did. Got the ankh in twins but no leads on the jewel and I really hate this place lol

ill tell you which mural is the hint and you can then puzzle it out yourself

the one that says show the twins the light of destruction

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

P-Mack posted:

Worst field in the game by far

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Xbox version of Max Payne ran flawlessly when I played the series the year before last if that's an option for anyone struggling with the Steam version

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Hearing the puzzle noise and having no idea what it did + hearing the puzzle noise and having no idea what you did ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

it's probably possible to get it working, I didn't spend any time on it at all

probably, I played the Steam version for a little while years ago and it took some wrangling

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

welcome posted:

Hearing the puzzle noise and having no idea what it did + hearing the puzzle noise and having no idea what you did ftw.
Never picking up the shell horn ftw.

----------------

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

How do I make progress in the final area? All the entrances are dead ends, or blocked to become dead ends. I was able to get to a dais from the entrance at the end of Endless Corridor. After that I'm stuck.

edit: nevermind, that thing that doesn't look like a ladder is actually a ladder

If this is shrine of the mother, it took me so long to just try that ladder since it looks all blocked up. First thing I did after getting bombs was go try to clear the rocks around it so I could finally enter the area proper lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

was able to apply a patch on the steam version and it's working so far, but i've no clue if the dream sequences are hosed

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

American McGay posted:

Never picking up the shell horn ftw.

Don’t need it. I missed it my first playthrough

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Frank Frank posted:

dude seriously calm down.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

dog you've been clueless for like 3 days is there a gas leak at home

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
also... i think mp1 is pretty skippable and 2 does it better :zoro:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

French Accent posted:

was able to apply a patch on the steam version and it's working so far, but i've no clue if the dream sequences are hosed

iirc the widescreen patch is weird because people and objects still only load in in a 4:3 area

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

lol this

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

iirc the widescreen patch is weird because people and objects still only load in in a 4:3 area

yeah the comic book scenes are 4:3 as well and buttons are displaced in it but it's still playable so far.

as long as the game's playable i'll stick to the steam version for now. only did a quick 5 minute test run to see if the game ran on a modern PC

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I beat the bartender in the fighting ring. There's just a sekiro boss in this game all of a sudden.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Frank Frank posted: