Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After a long night of losing, ending it on the Cobra was the best idea. Such a fun tank :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I logged into the game for the first time in a long time and I have nine "well deserved reward" tokens for having the game nine years. wtf do I spend these on? Equipment? Crew?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

dhamster posted:

I logged into the game for the first time in a long time and I have nine "well deserved reward" tokens for having the game nine years. wtf do I spend these on? Equipment? Crew?

I honestly prioritized the skillbooks because that's the slowest grind.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a fun little game in my AMX 30. Nothing too crazy, just a cozy game.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6483452#overlord-mesadoram-amx_30_1er_prototype

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=305TLDe3JfI

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

dhamster posted:

The answer to this is almost certainly "bond rammer + whatever"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Vando posted:

The answer to this is almost certainly "bond rammer + whatever"

Just remember that you need to keep bonds to unmount bond equipment because gently caress WG.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sayara posted:

So something pretty huge has been found out about some old mechanic, that the reticle is like 1.71x bigger than it's supposed to be. So getting the mod to fix it will make you feel tons more accurate, and even skill4ltu started using and liking it, even if he doesn't use other than MoE mod. Grab it here: https://wgmods.net/6349

It has something to do with a patch in 2015 when they hosed around with reticle size, and this fixes it.

Skill today did a video about it btw. I just realized I had mentioned it in the discord chats but not here. For those that saw it but curious on it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haor8dUyWx0

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Does it really make a difference? I let the reticle collapse a little before shooting and center on where I want to hit. What does this do for me?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Does it really make a difference? I let the reticle collapse a little before shooting and center on where I want to hit. What does this do for me?

It helps you nail more clutch snapshots.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't see how it can actually do anything. The reticle is just a visual indicator for you, it's not like you can shrink your reticle down to one pixel and get a laser gun, the hit calculations, actual aiming directions etc are all done server side anyway and I would assume at that point your dispersion etc as well.

Unless the issue is that the visual reticle is 100n in diameter, whereas the actual server side reticle is only (say) 80n and this just shrinks the visual to match that. But even then it doesn't actually DO anything. You'll still be just as accurate or not as you were before.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 13, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
If you're aiming for a weakspot and waiting for the reticle to cover it all when you don't have to it will make a difference

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

If you're aiming for a weakspot and waiting for the reticle to cover it all when you don't have to it will make a difference

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vando posted:

That's a good point.

However, Skill was saying things like "occasionally your shots will still go outside the reticle" which kinda makes me wonder how accurate this new representation is.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
It's all about percentages. Maybe the larger circle was 99% confidence, and the modded one is 95% of landing inside or whatever.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So I decided to reinstall this game after not playing for about 8 years. What's important for me to know and how's the French tree these days?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
France is king of light tanks (both wheeled and AMX 13) plus a couple of great premium autoloaders (Bourrasque, Somua heavy and Lorr 40t)
Wouldn't touch anything else.

What changed? Everything is about mobile, well armored, high alpha/autoloader heavies now.
e; and heavy assault TDs

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 14, 2023

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

121B "Monkey King" is the first Auction offer, 20m credits opening bid:

This is from the Asia server so it's not guaranteed it'll be the same on NA/EU, but it's likely.

This Flash Gordon-looking thing (Progetto 46 base) is also scheduled to make an appearance under the name "Mars," which explains the Greco-Roman styling:

Can't wait for a user mod literally turning the gun into a :dong:.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 15, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh right, more of this bullshit.

Here have a clone of an existing vehicle, but this one is shiny!!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Oh right, more of this bullshit.

Here have a clone of an existing vehicle, but this one is shiny!!

Never mind the fact that no one else gives a gently caress about the camo other than penalizing you for having something "rare," and if only *you* give a gently caress about seeing it, you can mod it to be the 121's default skin.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That reticle mod helped my derp tanks so much.

Like don't get me wrong, I still miss shots but it feels like I am hitting more consistently.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Wow, there's still no "competitive bid" listed on the shiny 121B with 1h38m to go. That means 2,500 players have yet to bid on it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wow, there's still no "competitive bid" listed on the shiny 121B with 1h38m to go. That means 2,500 players have yet to bid on it.

I was just about to make this exact post. These shiny reskins are absolute turds outside the Chinese server.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I was just about to make this exact post. These shiny reskins are absolute turds outside the Chinese server.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I imagine almost anyone who is interested in a 121B either already has one, or has nowhere near the minimum bid of 20 million credits (lol). I only went for the peregrine last time around because i didn't have an IS3-A yet and it was pretty cheap.

It's incredibly dumb these special skins are whole separate tanks and not ...3d styles.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Next tank up is the K-2, this time for a minimum of 130k free xp as the opening bid.

Watched a video about it - evidently it's another 122mm T8 Soviet heavy with super-trollish armor. Except the spot just above the gun, which could be penned with HE, it looks like. Rather than play around with posting tanks.gg images I'll let others do that. T10s will still poo poo all over them.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Next tank up is the K-2, this time for a minimum of 130k free xp as the opening bid.

Oh boy, and here I was a bit worried that we'd go a week without a Soviet T8 heavy. Phew.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A gimped IS-4 at Tier VIII.

:frogout:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The K-2 looks like a spectacular turd. 30 mm of armour and 1600 dpm. :george:

Sayara
May 10, 2009

McGavin posted:

The K-2 looks like a spectacular turd. 30 mm of armour and 1600 dpm. :george:

On top of that the gun handling and accuracy seem to be absolutely horrible, so you have to spam gold to get some pens, so it will be poo poo for farming credits as well. Not worth the asking bid of 8000 gold, if it were 2500 I'd probably bid just for collections sake.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Sayara posted:

On top of that the gun handling and accuracy seem to be absolutely horrible, so you have to spam gold to get some pens, so it will be poo poo for farming credits as well. Not worth the asking bid of 8000 gold, if it were 2500 I'd probably bid just for collections sake.

But if it's like other t8 premium soviet heavy guns that look like it won't hit or be able to pen anything on paper, in reality it will be super accurate and pen every shot. Especially if its while firing a snap shot on the move from 400 meters away at me.

Edit: Looks like its a 8000 gold minimum bid for NA. I guess the exp option was just Asia/EU?

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 16, 2023

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I used to play Wolrld of Tanks many years back on PS4, but I've recently been wanting to play it again but on PC now.

I've had a PC account for quite a long time though even though I never played on it because I set it up for twitch drops over time anticipating one day I would want to play again (and after logging in far as I can tell is just the opportunity for some "rental" premium tanks). However this was my mistake as I've since learned that there are referral codes and also invite codes I can apply to my account if it's new or I haven't played in 60 days so that was kinda dumb of me. I mention this because it seems if I use a referral code and an invite code I can apparently get a free permanent premium tank and some extra gold compared to my barebones old account so I'm thinking I'll just make a new account now.

I did find a list of invite codes on reddit that I could use which give various tanks and gold amounts, and apparently I can only use one so I'd have to choose wisely (the one that gives a Churchill and 500 gold seems recommended though).
Referral codes seem to be custom/created by players though, so I was wondering if someone here might be able to give me one, please.
I hope I haven't got this wrong and I'm begging for something I shouldn't ask for here though. Also I'm in the EU and I know that the game is region locked but I don't know if that is affected by this.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

RoboJoe posted:

I used to play Wolrld of Tanks many years back on PS4, but I've recently been wanting to play it again but on PC now.

I've had a PC account for quite a long time though even though I never played on it because I set it up for twitch drops over time anticipating one day I would want to play again (and after logging in far as I can tell is just the opportunity for some "rental" premium tanks). However this was my mistake as I've since learned that there are referral codes and also invite codes I can apply to my account if it's new or I haven't played in 60 days so that was kinda dumb of me. I mention this because it seems if I use a referral code and an invite code I can apparently get a free permanent premium tank and some extra gold compared to my barebones old account so I'm thinking I'll just make a new account now.

I did find a list of invite codes on reddit that I could use which give various tanks and gold amounts, and apparently I can only use one so I'd have to choose wisely (the one that gives a Churchill and 500 gold seems recommended though).
Referral codes seem to be custom/created by players though, so I was wondering if someone here might be able to give me one, please.
I hope I haven't got this wrong and I'm begging for something I shouldn't ask for here though. Also I'm in the EU and I know that the game is region locked but I don't know if that is affected by this.

Here's how referral and rewards work now: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/referral-program-regulations/ . So less than 200 battles or not played in 60 days. Rewards for completing the referral program are in there as well. There might be some other promo codes that can give you tanks or gold etc that you can use with it, not sure. You can use my link https://worldoftanks.eu/referral/188914c7277f4b8181f2c37a12f16c12 to see if your old account is eligible, and sign up as referral if you want. I'm PolishInvader in game if it asks for that.

TracerM17 posted:

But if it's like other t8 premium soviet heavy guns that look like it won't hit or be able to pen anything on paper, in reality it will be super accurate and pen every shot. Especially if its while firing a snap shot on the move from 400 meters away at me.

Edit: Looks like its a 8000 gold minimum bid for NA. I guess the exp option was just Asia/EU?

It's 8000 gold in EU as well, Asia is different with all the gold stuff going for exp instead. I also watched skill play with it and he couldn't hit Renes cupola 200m away. I mean you can get lucky with every derp shooter, but it doesn't seem all that good. :shrug:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Sayara posted:

Here's how referral and rewards work now: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/referral-program-regulations/ . So less than 200 battles or not played in 60 days. Rewards for completing the referral program are in there as well. There might be some other promo codes that can give you tanks or gold etc that you can use with it, not sure. You can use my link https://worldoftanks.eu/referral/188914c7277f4b8181f2c37a12f16c12 to see if your old account is eligible, and sign up as referral if you want. I'm PolishInvader in game if it asks for that.

Thank you for this! I decided to make a new account using your referrral code because I could also use one of the invite/promo codes too, so hopefully we'll both get rewards now.

I had another question too for the thread in general if anyone knows the answer: When I played back on PS4 I had a tank called the "Pz 38H" which if I remember correctly was a low level Premium tank and I found it hugely fun to play with.
I don't seem to see it for sale in the list of Premium tanks in the game so is there any way to get this tank on PC?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You probably don't want to make a new account because the initial signup rewards aren't all that great, but the long service rewards you get every year for having an old account are probably much better. I guess it depends on how long 'quite a long time' is though.

Pz38H drops from holiday boxes and is one of the super common drops in them, it's not all that special any more though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Chinese version of the 50tp looks ok, but that German TD for the battle pass does not look great. Losing all that DPM when entering siege mode is gonna suck.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They're doing the same dumb thing they did with the Kunze Panzer in gimping the DPM in siege mode. It makes no sense, the tank isn't exactly crazy outside of siege mode to begin with considering it's made of tissue paper.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

Or it's a response to the blinged-out 121B not even getting to a competitive bid. They're trying to get positive engagement from the (clearly dying) NA server.

RoboJoe posted:

I had another question too for the thread in general if anyone knows the answer: When I played back on PS4 I had a tank called the "Pz 38H" which if I remember correctly was a low level Premium tank and I found it hugely fun to play with.
I don't seem to see it for sale in the list of Premium tanks in the game so is there any way to get this tank on PC?

The Pz38H is a formerly overpowered premium that we called the "Minimaus" in the early stages of the game. Nowadays it's only sold as part of packages to tank collectors and suckers. It's also been horrifically power-crept because it doesn't get to farm T1s and T2s like it used to, and there are T3s with guns that'll cut through it on all sides.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 16, 2023

Sayara
May 10, 2009

RoboJoe posted:

Thank you for this! I decided to make a new account using your referrral code because I could also use one of the invite/promo codes too, so hopefully we'll both get rewards now.

I accepted now in game, we both should get rewards when we complete milestones. If you want to platoon for the extra credits/exp just send me a message in game.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Finally reclaimed those 90GB on my SSD.
Played maybe 50 games since the holidays, after 2-3 I was feeling physically unable to go on :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Sayara posted:

I accepted now in game, we both should get rewards when we complete milestones. If you want to platoon for the extra credits/exp just send me a message in game.
Hi, thanks for that, but quite frankly I'm an idiot and always manage to mess things up but now I've just used this referral link on the account I actually want to play with. I'm really sorry for messing you around and I hope it hasn't caused you a problem. I'd definitely be up for joining a platoon sometime too!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Pz38H is a formerly overpowered premium that we called the "Minimaus" in the early stages of the game. Nowadays it's only sold as part of packages to tank collectors and suckers. It's also been horrifically power-crept because it doesn't get to farm T1s and T2s like it used to, and there are T3s with guns that'll cut through it on all sides.
Ahh I see, that's probably why I liked it so much as it was back in 2016 or so when I played on PS4, it was a fun little thing so I have fond memories of it.