Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

here's a pic of me, for potential billionaires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

black cloud toxic, so what

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

pretty sure there’s a sizeable amount of people that would just take the :10bux: and pretend nothing happened, vinyl chloride? what is that, some science poo poo? covid is over dummy

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Stereotype posted:

I love billionaires. I want them to kiss me on the lips. If a billionaire was to spill vinyl chloride on me, causing horrific burns or whatever, I would be eternally grateful. It's for the good of humanity for them to hurt and kill me

I was pissed on by billionaires. But I never hated them. I said, 'Thank you for your trickle down.'

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
Ice fishers are dying because the ice is too thin

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/12/weather/vermont-lake-champlain-ice-fishing-deaths/index.html posted:

An annual ice fishing tournament on Vermont’s Lake Champlain has been canceled after the deaths of three fisherman on the lake since Thursday, an organizer of the tournament told CNN Sunday.
In a Facebook post on Saturday, the National Weather Service Burlington said ice thickness on area lakes and ponds is highly variable due to “well above normal temperatures” in the region over the past two months.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

how worried should people be about the Ohio toxic cloud? which direction is it moving? could it make it to Detroit? or as far as Philly or NYC? Is it going to make food inedible?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'd try to move if I lived anywhere north/northeast of it

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Harold Fjord posted:

I'd try to move if I lived anywhere north/northeast of it
Buddy, I can't pick up stakes every time a toxic death cloud comes my way. Nobody's got time for that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

poisonpill posted:

how worried should people be about the Ohio toxic cloud? which direction is it moving? could it make it to Detroit? or as far as Philly or NYC? Is it going to make food inedible?

Buddy it is so bad right wingers who would be touting this as a biden defeat are ignoring it or saying not my problem.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

poisonpill posted:

Food is already inedible

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

There's a fire at a waste to energy plant in Miami but after the train derailment it feels like amateur hour. Weak cloud! :sad:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
TOP TEN POISONOUS CLOUDS
You won't believe #4

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

There's gotta be like 5 at any given time around the country

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the chems spilled are heavier than air and they royally hosed up the burn off by doing it under an atmospheric inversion layer so i imagine the worst impacts are localized on eastern ohio/western pa and anything that gets out of the area would be pretty diluted and nbd. like none of that burn smoke moved from the area for a whole day.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Real hurthling! posted:

the chems spilled are heavier than air and they royally hosed up the burn off by doing it under an atmospheric inversion layer so i imagine the worst impacts are localized on eastern ohio/western pa and anything that gets out of the area would be pretty diluted and nbd. like none of that burn smoke moved from the area for a whole day.

It's fine

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Real hurthling! posted:

The real threat is leeching into the water table/the great lakes, which is really funny too lol

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Stereotype posted:

I love billionaires. I want them to kiss me on the lips. If a billionaire was to spill vinyl chloride on me, causing horrific burns or whatever, I would be eternally grateful. It's for the good of humanity for them to hurt and kill me

I think that this may be wrong, but I don't want to rock the boat here. I'm gathering signatures for a petition to fund a study to look into it.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
And here on the West Coast Starbucks drinkers are pissed that their rewards program has been de-valued. And China is sending weather spy balloons over our airspace in what is obviously a provocative act and not entirely something that's happened before on the regular. Unlike balloons toxic gas clouds aren't on the radar. Asked a neighbour who did his post-grad work in Penn if any friends or colleagues from there had been affected by the plume. He hadn't heard of the incident.

Some mornings it's hard to resist the Malthusian eco-fascist urges.

At least some of our armed forces will get a nice hike in the snow to recover the Hello Kitty balloon someone used a half mill missile to bring down. :canada::911:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

The real threat is leeching into the water table/the great lakes, which is really funny too lol

Sorry to say I think the water basins are more the Mississippi or east coast rivers instead. Luckily no one lives or drinks the water in those areas.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Hexigrammus posted:

[Biosphere Collapse] Some mornings it's hard to resist the Malthusian eco-fascist urges.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN URGE INTO THE SLOT. IT'S MALTHUSIANISM

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

[Biosphere Collapse] Some mornings it's hard, but the Malthusian ecofacism resists the urges.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

Trabisnikof posted:

Sorry to say I think the water basins are more the Mississippi or east coast rivers instead. Luckily no one lives or drinks the water in those areas.

Look at where the Ohio River is, where East Palestine is, and where the wind is blowing the death cloud.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Look at where the Ohio River is, where East Palestine is, and where the wind is blowing the death cloud.

I will not
(mainly cause I'm from the west coast and have a typical American education and don't get geography)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if its a legitimate accidental spill the american body has a way of shutting that whole cancer thing down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Demilich posted:

I will not
(mainly cause I'm from the west coast and have a typical American education and don't get geography)

the crash is like right uphill from the ohio river. the chems are using the river instinctually to return to the gulf oil platforms where they spawn

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Where do you think the Ohio river flows?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

Where do you think the Ohio river flows?

Yes, Trabisnikof, I was savagely and aggressively butting into the conversation to prove YOU, personally, wrong. That was exactly the intent of my post.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

So since we've just gone all in on killing everyone is it possible that this will start having an effect on the climate?

I mean we're just going to poison and virus everyone to death

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yes, Trabisnikof, I was savagely and aggressively butting into the conversation to prove YOU, personally, wrong. That was exactly the intent of my post.

I mean it’s usually a good bet that I’m wrong, so it’s not your fault

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The current trend seems to be letting all the workers die but also getting mad that the ones still alive have more leverage. Probably see more expansions of the prisons based slave labor system.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

The current trend seems to be letting all the workers die but also getting mad that the ones still alive have more leverage. Probably see more expansions of the prisons based slave labor system.

slave labor based delivery/gig work is the next frontier imo

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The atmosphere is just plastic bags floating around in the jet stream.

Katy Perry tried to warn us

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Harold Fjord posted:

Contradictions? In my political economy?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Hexigrammus posted:

Some mornings it's hard to resist the Malthusian eco-fascist urges.

whenever that feeling starts to cause distress, just remind yourself that you are completely powerless and your official policy position re: Malthusian eco-fascism has no impact on anything other than the social palatability of your small-talk

should help take the edge off

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Irony.or.Death posted:

whenever that feeling starts to cause distress, just remind yourself that you are completely powerless and your official policy position re: Malthusian eco-fascism has no impact on anything other than the social palatability of your small-talk

Hey, what can you say?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

every time I start getting mad about the present inaction over becoming destruction of democratic norms in the United states, I reassure myself by remembering that we also aren't taking action on climate change, so that none of it matters regardless

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Irony.or.Death posted:

drugs and alcohol are also helpful

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

someone in a discord said that the reason for the weather balloon bullshit is because they don't want anyone, domestic or otherwise, reporting on the giant death cloud and I crack pinged so hard some of you might have heard it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

AceClown posted:

someone in a discord said that the reason for the weather balloon bullshit is because they don't want anyone, domestic or otherwise, reporting on the giant death cloud and I crack pinged so hard some of you might have heard it

it's like how nasa launched a climate change studying satellite but then the rocket exploded during launch, so then they launched another one but that one exploded too. haha whoops