Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI got a small patch, auto scrap collector works offline now. (also kinetic volley got nerfed to only hit two enemies, which will affect my warp level pushing lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

DACK FAYDEN posted:

kinetic volley got nerfed to only hit two enemies

Aw man, that sucks. I really didn't feel like kinetic volley was OP or anything, I really didn't think it needed a nerf.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I think it was mostly not OP, but then I also pushed like 0.5 - 1 warp levels above my current sector by manually waiting until my shield was almost gone, shield boosting, waiting until shield's almost gone again, and kinetic volleying like 20 enemies at once. It caused some sick slowdown, too.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, that's fair, it did probably need some kind of cap, but I feel like they could've at least capped it at like 10 enemies so you can still wipe out a whole wave with it.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You got me to start it and I am getting the hang of it. I still don't quite understand the math of the rituals. The surface-level is simple enough, get exp and perform the sacred ritual to level up. I just don't understand the multipliers and what that all means. Is that all just a multiplier to exp I am receiving? This made sense but the math doesn't seem to add up.

e: like how do I parse this?

If it want obvious, there is 0 downside to hitting the Sacred Ritual button as soon as it lights up. You eventually unlock other things that you may or may not want to hit as soon as they are available.

More Info:Dark Rituals should unlock pretty early. Those are a soft reset, and you want to be doing those reasonably often. This gets you more Sacred Ritual levels and more Inspiration. You need to be spending the inspiration on whatever limited unlocks are available, or unlimited Status Up, and Habit+.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Guess I should use that more, I need to save up for more module slots.

For reference, I'm currently getting 1e15 scrap from ships, and 1e19 scrap from picking up salvage. So it would take 10,000 ships to make up a single salvage pick up.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh god the update also changed it so that you don''t need a scrollbar to see all your core upgrades

10/10 update tbh

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI, sector 36: the Missile Launcher is just strictly better, right? it looks like the extra missiles will all lock onto one target if there aren't enough rather than just being wasted, and then obviously 36 and most high-tier warps just have a total shitload of little guys you have to kill. Am I missing something?

edit: I was fooled by the visuals of multiple missile launchers firing at once, they don't shoot any target more than once, which makes them... well, less good, but also they're faster-firing and delete swarms of little jerks, so it's still better

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 13, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah, just need another quest for "Get Beer" and we're in business.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hell yeah, just need another quest for "Get Beer" and we're in business.

Are you making Rum Ham?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Your Chronicle is pretty lit, I'm working on finishing up Coastal City on my first run now. I can definitely understand why Warrior was so heavily recommended, the combo of things like Swift Stab for farming, the Power moves for hitting above your stats w/ the right lineup, and your class routines giving a few extra ranks over what other classes would be at really smoothes out some of the grindiest spots.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

DACK FAYDEN posted:

USI, sector 36: the Missile Launcher is just strictly better, right? it looks like the extra missiles will all lock onto one target if there aren't enough rather than just being wasted, and then obviously 36 and most high-tier warps just have a total shitload of little guys you have to kill. Am I missing something?

edit: I was fooled by the visuals of multiple missile launchers firing at once, they don't shoot any target more than once, which makes them... well, less good, but also they're faster-firing and delete swarms of little jerks, so it's still better

Honestly yeah, I find all the kinetic weapons to be pretty balanced. Missile Launcher is amazing against crowds, Bomb Launcher is great at taking out enemies quickly, and the Kinetic Cannon is balanced + the best against shields. Can't wait until the dev adds whatever the Beam equivalent will be (railgun?)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Arzaac posted:

Can't wait until the dev adds whatever the Beam equivalent will be (railgun?)

I just kind of assumed the Kinetic Cannon was a railgun with the model and slugs it fires. Could see something like an EMP cannon for shield destroying and no armour/hull damage.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Lol I graduated from 0* MADs to doing a 4* anarchy MAD once I farmed a bunch of achievements for mastery

Evolve is my kind of game

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Just hit Sector 40 and as I understand it, that basically means I've hit end of content. Probably a reasonable point to put it down; looking at my playtime, I'm sitting at almost 22 straight days of this game. Time well spent (maybe)!

Regardless, I'm gonna keep a close eye on it for any future updates, it's easily one of my favorite idlers.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Beasteh posted:

Lol I graduated from 0* MADs to doing a 4* anarchy MAD once I farmed a bunch of achievements for mastery

Evolve is my kind of game

If you enjoy 4* runs then yeah you're in for a good time. There's some serious challenges hidden in the game that can slow burn for weeks if you just like watching civilizations unfold before being sacrificed for ultimate power

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What's a good loadout for pushing through Sector 32? I was using 4x bomb launcher for all the snipers previously but it seems less suited.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Probably depends on which route you're pushing. I feel like 32B you can pretty easily run 1x Laser Cannon, 2x Beam, 1x Bomb. For 32A you could probably run an all Kinetic Loadout, maybe 2x Cannon and 2x Bomb? Just make sure your cannons are set to destroy shields and it should be fine.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still chipping away at Synergism idle, and finally, finally build up to enough hepteracts to get the last platonic upgrade, and my reward for doing that:
the chance to grind up 14 OoM more offerings than I can currently produce. No bonuses for doing that, no missing achievements or shop upgrades that could conceivably help, no clue for a way forward. Just what looks like an even bigger slower grind than the last, which took months.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arzaac posted:

Probably depends on which route you're pushing. I feel like 32B you can pretty easily run 1x Laser Cannon, 2x Beam, 1x Bomb. For 32A you could probably run an all Kinetic Loadout, maybe 2x Cannon and 2x Bomb? Just make sure your cannons are set to destroy shields and it should be fine.
I literally ran 4x bomb until I got 4x missile launcher and it was fine (but I suspect I spent more time compute grinding/research grinding than I would otherwise have needed to)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Red Minjo posted:

I'm still chipping away at Synergism idle, and finally, finally build up to enough hepteracts to get the last platonic upgrade, and my reward for doing that:
the chance to grind up 14 OoM more offerings than I can currently produce. No bonuses for doing that, no missing achievements or shop upgrades that could conceivably help, no clue for a way forward. Just what looks like an even bigger slower grind than the last, which took months.

Synergism plays the out of content big wall you will likely never scale and it gets nerfed and scalable by the next content update, which will likely make it trivial.

This is a fairly common strategy for multi-year running games to keep players.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Purple Synth in USI does not gently caress around, I'm gonna need some huge bonuses before I can really start scratching this.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

socialsecurity posted:

Purple Synth in USI does not gently caress around, I'm gonna need some huge bonuses before I can really start scratching this.

yeah, it's the next-to-highest tier, it's a pretty big jump - but as you get more warp bonuses and such, it goes from intimidating to afterthought in a remarkable hurry.

The Ultras, now... sheesh

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, Orange makes Purple look like Green. It's horrible even with the Unbound Synth Speed research.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Red Minjo posted:

For what it's worth, you're basically right before the singularity reset. I recall there not being a huge gap between the last hepts upgrade and the antiquities offering.

Are you doing separate runs for hepts and cubes with different corruptions?

are you opening tesseracts once in a while?

Are you respecting talismans for hepts/wow/C15 runs?

Add tool can speed you up pretty well if you use it appropriately

Also if you do make it over the hump, you should be able to get back to the same point fairly quickly

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I did notice that there were runs that gave you way more cubes than the runs that gave you the most of everything else, and did have to do that to finish off that last upgrade. It didn't even take that long, so I can see it being very helpful to do more of those runs now. I had also been occasionally turning off the auto-building for the tesseracts and opening them.
What I had not been doing is respeccing the talismans. It hadn't even crossed my mind that different runs might want something different than Dup/Thrift/SI, I haven't touched them since I set that.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Red Minjo posted:

I did notice that there were runs that gave you way more cubes than the runs that gave you the most of everything else, and did have to do that to finish off that last upgrade. It didn't even take that long, so I can see it being very helpful to do more of those runs now. I had also been occasionally turning off the auto-building for the tesseracts and opening them.
What I had not been doing is respeccing the talismans. It hadn't even crossed my mind that different runs might want something different than Dup/Thrift/SI, I haven't touched them since I set that.

I'm at the point that they're all active all the time, but I recall 3/4/5 being key for C15 runs, 1/2/4 most of the rest of the time

You should probably be running something like 10/13/7/13/13/13/13/13 for hepts, 6/4/4/8/13/1/13/13 for wow

Also you should make sure your blessings and spirits are up to snuff, easy to miss them

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 16, 2023

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I'm kind of enjoying The Perfect Tower 2, weirdly enough. I wasn't actually expecting to, but it has just a tiny bit of Anti-Idle DNA in it where there's just too many loving systems to putter around in and it breaks the compulsive part of my brain that would normally make me fixate on trying to optimize everything lol. I've been haphazardly goofing about in it for a few days and there's still several activities I haven't even touched yet.

So I've found my most recent toy to put a couple of minutes into periodically during the workday, I guess. At least for now; I suspect I'll eventually hit a wall where nothing is happening and lose interest, but so it goes. Not everything can be NGU and take like three loving years to meander through.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
so the AI points are coming a lot slower now so I'm a lot warier about spending now, any suggestions on what to buy next?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Smart Craft will save you more time than any of the auto-purchases, all the way to Smart Craft 3 (because fourth slot is locked behind a fairly lengthy gate in Warp).

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Smart Craft 1 is huge. I haven't felt the need for 2 and 3 yet because so far those synth slots almost always need to be working full-time producing alloy ingots to help pay for whatever slot 1 is intermittently making.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Smart Craft 2 is mostly useful for like, Processors or Regulators, anything that isn't strictly dependent on Ingots.

I've literally never felt the need for Smart Craft 3, that slot is practically slamming out ingots 24/7.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I just bought 'Core Auto Upgrade' because I was hoping against hope that it actually meant 'Reactor Auto Upgrade' and I could pump up void max and wait for everything to upgrade itself rather than checking in constantly

reader, obviously it is not

guess it's still an OK thing to have after a prestige tho

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's the best weapon loadout after getting the Kinetic Cannon? Trying 2 kinetics and a beam right now and that seems to be working alright.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Farmer Against Potatoes Idle finally launched on iOS, in case you have been waiting on that. Any tips for someone just starting out?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Smart Craft 1 is huge. I haven't felt the need for 2 and 3 yet because so far those synth slots almost always need to be working full-time producing alloy ingots to help pay for whatever slot 1 is intermittently making.

Just use the other ones to craft base materials and focus on one big item at a time you're usually good for an 8 hour burn easily.

I also found that shards didn't drop all that fast and if you can check in every hour or two you don't need automerge but that's too late.

This is my planned order and I don't see any reason to deviate.

My primary concern is getting screens to be obsolete. If I can make it so I don't have to ever click a screen that's great. If I have to click synth to decide which one to make I'm still thinking about it and have a timer to juggle smart crafting isn't too helpful The base items go infinite pretty quickly all the way through purple. If warps fill faster than 24 hours I'd bump up auto warp. I still might just in case I want to be lazy but I'm often pushing new zones with warp still.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 17, 2023

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Core Auto Upgrade should be #1. It's the most clicking for sure.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

dipwood posted:

Core Auto Upgrade should be #1. It's the most clicking for sure.

use the multiplier set it to x10 and to buy 1 box at a time and spam upgrade all you can fill the tree in seconds I do it even with auto since that takes a bit after a respec. you can even filter and only upgrade utilities early in the run.

I often felt like I was focusing on individual items enough it wasn't worth it.I still go to the core screen a lot with the automation to change it it reduces clicking but not going to the menu. And if you use the buy amount filters and buy all it should only really be like 4-5 clicks. Core is the only auto I ever toggle off.

It's going to depend on play style, but if you are that AFK auto research becomes even more important. I can see it going up the list but I don't see it being #1 ever.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 17, 2023

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I've unlocked Tier 2 for my cores so they don't all max out instantly anymore. And when you have a salvage+ loadout going, the Upgrade All does something pretty often. I agree that it depends on your level of idle, and I did prioritize the research auto-select, but for me personally not having to look at the core upgrades screen anymore is pretty nice.

I regret that I wasted so many AI points on nonsense QoL stuff because I didn't read what the other things did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
is it possible to beat sector 40, or does it scale insanely fast as to act as a progression wall?