Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i am harry posted:

couple loose boards, some repainting, a bit of a weird angle...its not loving magic its a god damned wooden platform raised a foot off the ground

I might have confused deck with patio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Ya what could possible go wrong

ok but my deck is going on the ground so it's only got like like a few feet to fall when it inevitably collapses

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 00:33 on Feb 12, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

plenty of locales do require engineering input to obtain a permit depending on seismic activity, soil conditions, etc.

oh no not my locale

one trick for building a deck that locales HATE

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

i am harry posted:

couple loose boards, some repainting, a bit of a weird angle...its not loving magic its a god damned wooden platform raised a foot off the ground

brb, gonna build some kind of groverdeck composed entirely of incomprehensible non-euclidian angles

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shrike82 posted:

groverdeck

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I will build a deck and then rent it out for passive income and FIRE and then be guillotined for being a landlord parasite piece of poo poo

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

ah poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I will build a deck and then rent it out for passive income and FIRE and then be guillotined for being a landlord parasite piece of poo poo

You gonna list it on Hipcamp?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

?????

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the shovel is cute. the chairs are hideous

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nothing says "my great grandfather was a farmer" like taking his old shovel to a CNC shop and having livestock cut into it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

brb, gonna build some kind of groverdeck composed entirely of incomprehensible non-euclidian angles

my house is a parallelogram with a 3 degree angle

our brain has this uncanny ability to spot parallel and non-parallel lines and for the last year i've been seeing them everywhere and then i was looking at the blueprints to see where the outside water came in and noticed the slight non-parallelism

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Ah, finally something local under $100K

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1155-SE-Professional-Mall-Blvd-TRAILER-210-Pullman-WA-99163/2060131700_zpid/

quote:

This unconventionally remodeled bohemian style home features a one bedroom, one bath, a laundry/utility-room/shed, a fenced yard with native berry plants and innovative storage all done in 2021-2022. The shed and home have been updated with all new interior including new floors, new paint/drywall, tile, new maple drift counter tops, new glass stove top, ceramic and radiant heat, doors, etc.

It basically looks like they tried cramming in a rustic commercial kitchen into a mobile home.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zantie posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1155-SE-Professional-Mall-Blvd-TRAILER-210-Pullman-WA-99163/2060131700_zpid/

It basically looks like they tried cramming in a rustic commercial kitchen into a mobile home.

this is one of the funniest things ive ever seen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

anime was right posted:

lmfao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lots of usable space

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zantie posted:

I'm the native berry plants

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

anime was right posted:

tfw you try "remodeled kitchen range with oven and vent hood, custom shelving, rustic, cottage style, authentic" in stable diffusion for the first time

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://archive.ph/EwXC0

homes big

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Feb 13, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Okay now add the average surface area to volume ratio of Americans over time (we fat), and see if home sizes are simply responding to our love of xl shirts and cargo pants

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
More house, less lawn to mow.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Got a letter back from the sellers after we officially lost the house saying "we know how hard it is for first time buyers, our hearts go out to you but lol we're going to sell to the boomer for an extra 1.5k euro good luck babes"

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
can you find a chart that does that with lot size, or one that tries to disaggregate price into size, lot size, and location attributes?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

More house, less lawn to mow.

yeah that's the other problem, minimum lot sizes are too big

need some sort of bungalow court option

that or convert your lawn to low or no-maintenance with native grasses and plants, though that's obviously expensive

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bitmap posted:

Got a letter back from the sellers after we officially lost the house saying "we know how hard it is for first time buyers, our hearts go out to you but lol we're going to sell to the boomer for an extra 1.5k euro good luck babes"

lol they're trying to make themselves feel better, how cute

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sold to a real estate firm rather than real people, people are poo poo

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
instead of thinking of sub 500sqft I would rather see 1200-1500 sqft so people and grow into them.

like if I moved to any other city I’m looking at base 2000 sqft house which is a lot for a family of 3 imo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

average SF in Europe is 1k which sounds good

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lol that the 4 bedroom house we live in was median in the USA 23 years ago.

Looks like in NZ house floor area has been declining since 2013, I'd guess because of how insane prices are here nobody can afford anything larger which is resulting in densification (at least in the cities). To get square feet from square meters multiply by about 11.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

buy a house you lazy fucks

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1625451473898291200

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bitmap posted:

looks like you just missed purchasing a house previously owned by and no doubt completely covered in scum :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Realtors around here are just straight up refusing to show you properties unless you get a mortgage pre-approval, that's cool. even though properties are sitting.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Perfect example in my neighborhood of how valueless house flipping is. They painted this whole house gray, added some pointless detailing, and replaced the kitchen countertops with granite. "Doubled" the value of the house. This is the fancy mailbox they built to replace the normal one. It fell apart after a few months because it was literally only held in place by some staples. All vibes no substance.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

quality craftsmanship brought to you by Office Depot

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I will buy 1/2 of a home (2 walls and floor) now and buy the second half later (2 more walls and roof)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wonder how much a room from Cube would go for

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
raise your hand if you know someone that needs to replace their fence for the second time in 20 years :engleft:

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
raise your hand if there are multiple houses within a mile with collapsing fences :engleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Perfect example in my neighborhood of how valueless house flipping is. They painted this whole house gray, added some pointless detailing, and replaced the kitchen countertops with granite. "Doubled" the value of the house. This is the fancy mailbox they built to replace the normal one. It fell apart after a few months because it was literally only held in place by some staples. All vibes no substance.

the houses fall down. down to the ground