Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

loving lmao. God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
lol

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

clueless moron in a cheap audi. gently caress them all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BonHair posted:

Why the hell would they settle a case of idiot drives into building, gets injured? How is driving into specifically 711s a daily occurrence?

USA number one country in need of a complete overhaul

they know they have this issue most likely and arent practicing the bollard-fu that would absolve them of liability

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A government that actually gets it!? :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/WGTransport/status/1624017800216952833

Bonus: bollard vs truck

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1624473840624566273

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:owned:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

SimonSays posted:

This is 100% alcoholics and olds, both types of people who shouldn't be operating heavy machinery, right?

E: the ones creaming the slushie dispensers I mean

I looked this up and it’s basically this I think. the top three causes are like “operator error” “pedal mixup” and DUI and the majority of them are caused by people 65+ so I assume if it’s not olds it’s drunks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Bethel Park man is being charged for allegedly driving to the Bethel Park police station while intoxicated to confront officers about a previous interaction.

Brian Studt, 26, showed up at the police station around 11 p.m. Sunday and yelled at officers about being stopped illegally the day before due to a burnt out headlight, according to the complaint.

Police say Studt had an odor of alcoholic beverage emanating from him and and was screaming while they attempted to talk to him. He told officers his headlight was not burnt out and that he wanted to fight them, according to the complaint.

Studt was placed in handcuffs and his legs were shackled. He kicked one officer and attempted to kick another, according to the complaint, and allegedly threatened to beat an officer over the head with a pipe. He refused a blood alcohol test, police said. He was placed in a holding cell.

Officers found a large pipe in Studt’s vehicle, which was parked outside the police station, and saw that his headlight was burned out, according to the complaint.

He is facing charges of aggravated assault, harassment, terroristic threats, disorderly conduct, DUI, public drunkenness and general lighting requirements.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A Bethel Park man is being charged for allegedly driving to the Bethel Park police station while intoxicated to confront officers about a previous interaction.

Brian Studt, 26, showed up at the police station around 11 p.m. Sunday and yelled at officers about being stopped illegally the day before due to a burnt out headlight, according to the complaint.

Police say Studt had an odor of alcoholic beverage emanating from him and and was screaming while they attempted to talk to him. He told officers his headlight was not burnt out and that he wanted to fight them, according to the complaint.

Studt was placed in handcuffs and his legs were shackled. He kicked one officer and attempted to kick another, according to the complaint, and allegedly threatened to beat an officer over the head with a pipe. He refused a blood alcohol test, police said. He was placed in a holding cell.

Officers found a large pipe in Studt’s vehicle, which was parked outside the police station, and saw that his headlight was burned out, according to the complaint.

He is facing charges of aggravated assault, harassment, terroristic threats, disorderly conduct, DUI, public drunkenness and general lighting requirements.

Hmm I don't agree with his car driving policy, but I do approve of his fighting cops policy.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Somehow, "fite me IRL" is the correct response to cops? Suspect must be exceptionally white

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

[video of a huge truck hitting a steel and cement bollard and getting absolutely rekt]

american cities will not install an effective bollard like this because this would kill the driver, and it would be the city's fault.

the person who would have been protected by the bollard that isn't there? well, that blood is on the driver's hands.

carbrain.

Greg12 has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Feb 13, 2023

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1625178096537161731

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mister Speaker posted:

Something that still really grinds my gears (to use an automotive metaphor) is people on cellphones while driving. I just went across the street to the dispensary and when I was about 50 feet from the curb, this driver in a Land Rover swung around for a right turn definitely driving up onto the sidewalk and sped off past me. Wouldn't you know it, she had a phone in her hand about a foot from her face. If I hadn't forgot my mask and gone back into my apartment to put one on, she might have hit me. I had a smoke on my way back in and counted another few drivers paying attention to their phones while passing by.

Like, remember when this was a new thing, how people were talking about writing distracted driving laws to cover phone use? And now 25 years later everyone's got one mounted to their dashboard, ostensibly 'for GPS' but still. Or they're just brazenly one-handing it because this call just can't wait and clearly needs their undivided attention.

Just like everything else in this stupid loving world, we lost. The idiots and assholes won.

Just say it was a "momentary and isolated lapse of attention" and then it's cool if you hit a pedestrian or whatever. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/siu-clears-tps-officer-1.6745939

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

feeling v. conflicted about this image

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

crush car culture

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

(Re)based buildings.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Just say it was a "momentary and isolated lapse of attention" and then it's cool if you hit a pedestrian or whatever. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/siu-clears-tps-officer-1.6745939

no no, even that is a concession you absolutely don't have to make. just say the pedestrian came out of nowhere, imply - or even state - that they were crossing against the signal and might have been looking at their phone, and you're totally good to go. cops and media and the law will do the rest

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Reminder that murdering someone with your car is legal. If you stay at the scene and act remorseful when the police show up then you will be home in time for dinner.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

withak posted:

Reminder that murdering someone with your car is legal. If you stay at the scene and act remorseful when the police show up then you will be home in time for dinner.

and if you don't and just say "sorry I didn't notice" you'll also probably be fine.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Also you don't necessarily have to stay at the scene if you have an appointment you need to get to or something else more important.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

no no, even that is a concession you absolutely don't have to make. just say the pedestrian came out of nowhere, imply - or even state - that they were crossing against the signal and might have been looking at their phone, and you're totally good to go. cops and media and the law will do the rest

You don't have to say it, they'll say it for you even in the same article that says you're not paying attention.

quote:

Perhaps the elements had played a role [in the inability of the officer to see the woman]

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

BonHair posted:

Why the hell would they settle a case of idiot drives into building, gets injured? How is driving into specifically 711s a daily occurrence?

USA number one country in need of a complete overhaul

That is in Canada

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

mawarannahr posted:

feeling v. conflicted about this image
you do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to them”

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The only good mayor we've had in the last two decades:

https://twitter.com/mayormcginn/status/1624815605629984773?s=20&t=MR-k0L82UOBskQtKFXd7eg

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

There is definitely something special about Seattle's street layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFY9u69tkE

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

McCracAttack posted:

I dunno man almost everybody else in those videos seems to have it figured out

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

fav is the guy at 00:25 who manages to ace that tricky turn and accelerates directly into cross traffic to celebrate

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

McCracAttack posted:

The drivers are just assholes here op

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Drivers in my town are particular assholes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I think they'd have actually gigged them for this typically if they weren't worse than a motorist, a cop.

Honestly, you probably could use a phone and not be a godawful driver if you were diligent about paying attention but most people get in their cars and just zone thefuck out. Then you add the phone and they're even more engrossed in lala land. An entire nation where people are crying out for public transportation and they don't even know it. Americans must really hate driving because they do everything in their cars except it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I post and drive at the same time like Robert Moses intended :patriot:

if u ain’t holding a cell phone in one hand and a Starbucks caramel mocha white chocolate frapp I the other hand, wrf are you even doing driving. all that wasted time

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

McCracAttack posted:

Lmao what exactly is going on in that tunnel that has so many idiots fly out of it hugging the wall like they're on one of those orange Hot Wheels tracks?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Mister Speaker posted:

Lmao what exactly is going on in that tunnel that has so many idiots fly out of it hugging the wall like they're on one of those orange Hot Wheels tracks?

Drivers like to ignore the yellow recommend speed "that's for cowards not real men" and proceed to slide off off ramps

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Apparently it's an interstate off-ramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39uIXLh030

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

McCracAttack posted:

Apparently it's an interstate off-ramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39uIXLh030

I've taken it several times and still don't know how they gently caress it up

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

https://maps.app.goo.gl/QmAw2dVzL6Do4ThS8?g_st=ic

here’s the spot if you want to puzzle this out (it’s people ignoring speed limits)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

Seattle has some of the worst-designed off- and on-ramps I've ever seen.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Ham Equity posted:

Seattle has some of the worst-designed off- and on-ramps I've ever seen.

They're fine as they keep suburbanites away in fear of taking them and since Publix Transit is dangerous welp they won't come

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
That tunnel exit is good car infrastructure. It's the natural progression of the bollard. A big loving wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress yeah Publix Transit rules. Hop on the bus and grab a couple of eggs, bread milk and veg on your way home.