Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Some of the lamer prize task entries are a result of comedians bringing something too controversial, so they have to find a substitute quickly. But with John, I'm reasonably sure it was his actual best attempt.

Makes me wonder what would be too controversial considering that contestants in the british and norwegian version have brought:
A dildo
vibrator
their own daughter
a 3-d model of a clitoris
a painting made with period blood
a vial containing the contestant's cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I remember hearing that Ed Gamble planned to bring in some Kevin Spacey DVDs for 'best defunct thing' but got shot down.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
John Kearnes was going to bring in footage of a proctology examination for one of the prize tasks, he talked about it on the podcast, I can't remember which one.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some time back I read that Richard Herring had a testicle removed 3 weeks before filming and while there's nothing to suggest he considered bringing it, it simply must have crossed his mind.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Leraika posted:

I remember hearing that Ed Gamble planned to bring in some Kevin Spacey DVDs for 'best defunct thing' but got shot down.

lmao

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Leraika posted:

Yeah, mentioned on the podcast with Andy C, apparently the channel were fine with it but TM production put the kibosh on it.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

My Lovely Horse posted:

Some time back I read that Richard Herring had a testicle removed 3 weeks before filming and while there's nothing to suggest he considered bringing it, it simply must have crossed his mind.

He's said he wanted to bring his testicle as a price but the hospital disposed of it as it was medical waste.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

thehustler posted:

Yeah, mentioned on the podcast with Andy C, apparently the channel were fine with it but TM production put the kibosh on it.

Extremely concerning.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just laughed so much at David Baddiel and Ed Gamble throwing eggs on stage, I felt light headed. :haw:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Ed Gamble was born to express exasperation for our amusement.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Phigs posted:

Ed Gamble was born to express exasperation for our amusement.

If you could find a way to wire Ed Gamble up to the National Grid, his exasperated rage at Baddiel could power the whole country for years, they'd be paying us to use electricity.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
-diabetic equipment

-What?

-D I A B E T I C E Q U I P M E N T

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
just watched ep 1 of Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee. the middle round dragged a bit, but it's good!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

exmarx posted:

just watched ep 1 of Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee. the middle round dragged a bit, but it's good!

yeah I don't think the spell like a sixth grader bit needed to be two cycles but the rest was really fun

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

John Kearns was way too quick to say that he found the cadbury bunny attractive.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

The_Doctor posted:

I just laughed so much at David Baddiel and Ed Gamble throwing eggs on stage, I felt light headed. :haw:

I am always blown away by the timing with which Alex delivers "It's a crazy choice!" in that moment.

TM Australia continues to be fun in week three. Tom was right in my book to come down hard on the team of three, completely overthought it and massively botched the execution to boot. Giving the bonus task to one team rather than one contestant was novel fun. And I really liked the live task, wouldn't be surprised if something resembling it shows up in UK TM S16 or the like.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The best part was coming down hard on the use of CGI in tasks that don't specifically ask for it.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 16, 2023

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The AU Live Task this week was awesome.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Australian TM is freakin' great. It's not NZS2 energy yet, but the TM is perfectly cast, as is the cast. They're mostly chaos energy, which makes for a great season.

Wish Paul Williams had this TM to work under.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah everyone just absolutely knocked it out of the park with this week's episode, or whatever it is they do in cricket.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

For people who don't know cricket, the umpires will only declare someone out if the opposition makes an appeal, basically asking if the batter is out. Doesn't matter how blatantly the batter is out, the umpires aren't allowed to just call it out on their own initiative. Here's what it usually looks like these days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtCzKBCR3s

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The live task was great, but I feel it could be improved by revealing what's on the paddle after the performance.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I don't know if I can get behind this Taskmaster yet. CGI was rightly slapped down but in the same task a gross misinterpretation of grammar was rewarded.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Phigs posted:

For people who don't know cricket, the umpires will only declare someone out if the opposition makes an appeal, basically asking if the batter is out. Doesn't matter how blatantly the batter is out, the umpires aren't allowed to just call it out on their own initiative. Here's what it usually looks like these days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtCzKBCR3s

Thank you, this post was exceptionally helpful for me to understand why everything was funny in context, especially with the contestants that also didn't know what the hell it meant.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Paladinus posted:

The live task was great, but I feel it could be improved by revealing what's on the paddle after the performance.

And the contestants random drawing the prompt, not getting to choose.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That cricket task was the most bewildering in all the many seasons of Taskmaster I’ve watched.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I bounced hard off this episode oddly. The cricket task, and the live task didn’t grab me weirdly.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

smackfu posted:

That cricket task was the most bewildering in all the many seasons of Taskmaster I’ve watched.

It all would've made perfect sense if the Giraffe had bothered to go for the catch

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/vuHe6l0.mp4

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
there's an extremely mean + funny round in guy mont-spelling bee ep 2

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I haven’t seen the live task, but this entire episode is incredible. Every single task is wonderful and the cast is shining so hard. Every single one had a moment. This EP has big NZ S2 energy.

So excited for the rest of the season considering this is only EP 4.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Every so often TM makes me absolutely lose it, and the generic yeast spread task got me..

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Just popping in to say Kongen Befaler's live task was a belter this week.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The genetic east bread task was fantastic. For some reason what stood out for me the most from the rest of the insanity was how Little Tom told Nina to calm down. Definitely bumped him in the assistant rankings for me.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Great episode of Australian Taskmaster. Weird how it works so well despite also feeling very different. It feels a lot more playful, especially in the studio. And the assistant is much more normal/human.

Nina's incompetence was especially hilarious. Almost Katherine Parkinson levels of loving things up.

Julia continues to impress me way more than I expected. Going into this I could vaguely recall not liking her from the Full Frontal days (90s Australian skit show) but my impression of her now is that she's endearingly quirky.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 24, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Julia's been my favorite ever since the orange juice task directly into going hey tom this is what I'd look like if I were dead.

Everyone's great though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I greatly enjoyed Lesser Tom eagerly joining in on Luke's vegemite generic yeast extract spread which hand is mine game. Excellent episode.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Nina is being bullied in the workplace! :mad:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Vegemite task was already an all timer but the bread did me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

itry posted:

Nina is being bullied in the workplace! :mad:
What you can't take away from me is that I had an absolutely lovely day.