Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

still reading but

has me worried lmao for the love of god do not slide back to the warmind grind

Yeah that's the other thing, of all the complaints I have about Destiny right now "not enough to do" is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Aside from the Exotic Mission rotator, none of that really sounds that good to me? Making less weapons craftable and more reliant on RNG sounds really loving bad to me, a player who hasn't gotten a Subsistence/Frenzy Funnelweb even once since Witch Queen dropped.

Crafting is stupid as hell, they never should have added adept perks, and being able to only have one set of perks and barrels/mags on a crafted gun is insanely bad

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah that's the other thing, of all the complaints I have about Destiny right now "not enough to do" is not one of them.

“Not enough stuff to do that is fun” is a better phrasing

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Lib and let die posted:

still reading but

has me worried lmao for the love of god do not slide back to the warmind grind

I'm perfectly aware that I'm not in the majority of D2 players and I'm probably not the one this is aimed towards but I too am a bit concerned about this. Like, I want to run out of things to do in a season. That's optimal. There are a lot of games out there, and I like being able to do other stuff without having to worry about what I'm losing out on by ignoring destiny for a few weeks. If you give me 7-8 weeks of content like they've been doing since beyond light I consider that more than worth the price of admission.

Bad for their metrics, though, so we'll probably see more grinds.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Pirate Jet posted:

Aside from the Exotic Mission rotator, none of that really sounds that good to me? Making less weapons craftable and more reliant on RNG sounds really loving bad to me, a player who hasn't gotten a Subsistence/Frenzy Funnelweb even once since Witch Queen dropped.

Banshee just sold one

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
maybe it was just wishful thinking but I thought they'd made noises about killing or greatly scaling back the light grind. No mention of that! very sad.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

dodgeblan posted:

maybe it was just wishful thinking but I thought they'd made noises about killing or greatly scaling back the light grind. No mention of that! very sad.

They were talking about experimenting with light in relation to activities, so I think that's them eluding tot he idea.

The pinnacle grind is basically dead for all but the endiest of endgame activities anyway.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
they say that there's no power level increase in the next season(s?) that's absolutely killing that grind

i have mixed feelings about more RNG'd loot but i'm such a casual player that i've already given up on crafting anything because of how low the pattern drops are (i'm trying to get a couple guns in this season catchup but i hate that because of the loving energy grinds, love to do 5 psiops battlegrounds for my one daily red border!!) and i feel like this is going to change nothing for me other than that i have fewer mechanics to keep track of and im fine with that

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

dodgeblan posted:

Um, there were two entire paragraphs about this:

quote:

You may have noticed that we have been experimenting a lot with our Power settings over the last few seasons, and we are planning on taking on even more experiments this year. We think that there are some major issues with Power in Destiny 2 and how it prevents players from seeing some of our best content, so we’d like to make a big change to the system in The Final Shape. However, to understand more about how our changes could be improved, we want to keep tweaking our Power settings over the year of Lightfall.

Some of these tweaks might be found in our back end with little transparency to the average Guardian, while others will be front and center. For example, when Lightfall launches, we will have a Power climb that is very similar to that in The Witch Queen, but later in Season of the Deep, we don’t plan to raise the Power or pinnacle cap at all.

Two things are true: one is that power climb is probably one of the worst parts of the gameplay of destiny, the other is power is so intrinsically enmeshed in gameplay systems and combat calculations that getting rid of it will be a long and complicated affair. It's entirely unsurprising to me that they're going to take a year+ to work their way to it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Meiteron posted:

I mean I didn't expect anything at all about this but the sheer detail of everything else and not even mentioning Gambit is pretty funny.

They even dropped that "making Shaxx and Zavala proud" and never mentioned ole Drifter. They're done with it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I enjoy playing the game with a melee heavy approach a lot of times and I'm slightly turned off by the ability and resilience nerfs but it's probably not anything i'm going to be incredibly mad about ever, though having access to All The Mods needed for really good 3.0 ability based builds has probably spoiled me more than i would be normally had bungie not just rolled them all out to everyone so i suppose i shouldn't cry that much.

i'd probably prefer a quantity boost rather than a 'quality' boost re: patrol location enemies though, as my complaint with those is usually that "kill x enemy in y location" quest steps are usually suffering for lack of enemies and it becomes an informal game of gambit where 3 or 4 players at a time are competing for not enough enemies to fuel quest completions without being aggravating

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Crafting is stupid as hell, they never should have added adept perks, and being able to only have one set of perks and barrels/mags on a crafted gun is insanely bad

Crafting owns and I'd be happy even if there was no enhanced perks. I hate having to evaluate RNG guns. "Oops turns out you sharded the god roll a week ago"

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Lol, crafting is too powerful. They want us to be hellgrinding for that god roll.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crafted guns own I will continue only using crafted guns. Farming for gun rolls? They’re playing you for fools.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Then the solution is to let players put two rows of perks on the gun, and I know they said that'll be really hard to do but that's not an excuse not to do it. At least with crafted weapons I feel like I'm always making progress, no matter how small, towards the actual gun I want instead of banging my head against the wall trying to get even just a 2/5 Adept Horror's Least and then failing before they vault it anyways.

^burtle posted:

Banshee just sold one

He sold one for 36 hours due to the inventory reset bug, 36 hours in which I could not play Destiny.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As far as random rolls go I think they’re still doing it but I like the idea of each reset for an activity adding a column to random weapon perk rolls. So if you REALLY want options, you can just hit an activity enough and end up with a gun that has multiple perks for everything.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Crafted guns own I will continue only using crafted guns. Farming for gun rolls? They’re playing you for fools.

can't wait for RNG to give me my Aerial Buttscoot/Twill Clip Strand Fusion rifle only for them to nerf Aerial Buttscoot in the next season so I have to farm up a Slide Frenzy/Tanglestone one instead.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

^burtle posted:

Banshee just sold one

Brutal lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They said what they needed to about Gambit by not mentioning it. "no longer asking players to earn all three of the ritual pursuit ornaments in seasonal challenges, and allowing players to earn more new rewards and complete more of their weekly challenges by playing content of their choice"

Also I hope everyone picked up on the hint here

- Seasons leave players feeling like there's not enough left to do
- "One more Strike or Map won't solve this"
- Final Shape, the end of the saga, will focus on core rituals and pursuits

Also they sadly dropped the 'D1' descriptor from their Reprised Raid discussions. They must not want people to be bummed that it's Crota, this far in advance

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

PERMACAV 50 posted:

They even dropped that "making Shaxx and Zavala proud" and never mentioned ole Drifter. They're done with it.

They’re going to kill it, aren’t they?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CottonWolf posted:

They’re going to kill it, aren’t they?

I don't think they'll remove it from the game in Year 6, but I would not expect any new maps ever again.

I can't remember - did they follow through or scrap their plan to add the enemy sub-variants each season? As in, sometimes Hive would mean Shriekers but other times it would mean Knights or whatever

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also they sadly dropped the 'D1' descriptor from their Reprised Raid discussions. They must not want people to be bummed that it's Crota, this far in advance

WotM outjerked again. Leviathan would be sick

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Just add the lovely maps back to Gambit if they’re not going to make new ones.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Someone reminded me of Pleasure Gardens encounter the other day and I'm much less excited for the idea of Leviathan returning.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why would that mean it's Crota. Crota is a D1 raid.

Mill Village posted:

Just add the lovely maps back to Gambit if they’re not going to make new ones.
Gambit is much better without the tangled shore map tbh.

Oh god wait, I think the gambit brain poisoning has taken root because I'm realizing that past the jokes, I actually might not mind seeing it again.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 13, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Someone reminded me of Pleasure Gardens encounter the other day and I'm much less excited for the idea of Leviathan returning.

Why would that mean it's Crota. Crota is a D1 raid.

Gambit is much better without the tangled shore map tbh.

Oh god wait, I think the gambit brain poisoning has taken root because I'm realizing that past the jokes, I actually might not mind seeing it again.

Sorry, I phrased that badly. It's known to be Crota since they previously made it clear that it was a Reprised D1 Raid, and it can't be WotM, leaving only Crota

And nobody is excited for it to be Crota so they're being a little more vague in their mentions of Reprised Raid for the time being, to cut down on the 'Aw it's Crota? gently caress" bitching until closer to Season 22

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Okay - I see what you mean, by being more vague they're trying to obfuscate.

I'm still not convinced they haven't found a way to manage WotM and give enough headway of knowing they can't, I'd hope they know not to waste time on Crota if it was going to land with a negative reception.

That said, they did make a point to talk about how they'd handle a raid with less then 6 weapons in a blog earlier this year.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I think the thing with WotM is less about it being possible and more about how many wholly original assets would have to be created. They've made it clear they aren't going back to SIVA as a plot point so stuff like Devil Splicers would presumably only be used for WotM.

VoG had a unique locale but could re-use a bunch of Vex enemies and assets, same with KF and the Dreadnought. I'm not sure if there's enough in D2 currently that could be recycled for WotM.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also I hope everyone picked up on the hint here

- Seasons leave players feeling like there's not enough left to do
- "One more Strike or Map won't solve this"
- Final Shape, the end of the saga, will focus on core rituals and pursuits

What, that Destiny 2 is “ending” after Final Shape?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They could theoretically bring back Wrath by replacing all the Splicers with normal Fallen, I don't think it would make that much of a difference and it's not like it has a narrative to disrupt

SgtSteel91 posted:

What, that Destiny 2 is “ending” after Final Shape?

The "saga" of Light versus Darkness is ending in The Final Shape. The game is continuing, but we have no idea where the story will go after that, even in the most general terms

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 13, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

I think the thing with WotM is less about it being possible and more about how many wholly original assets would have to be created. They've made it clear they aren't going back to SIVA as a plot point so stuff like Devil Splicers would presumably only be used for WotM.

VoG had a unique locale but could re-use a bunch of Vex enemies and assets, same with KF and the Dreadnought. I'm not sure if there's enough in D2 currently that could be recycled for WotM.

The leaker with a good track record said that Bungie has tried to bring back WotM multiple times but the held-object duping bug ruins the raid and that bug is so deep-seeded it's not worth the investment to fix, to them.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Pirate Jet posted:

The leaker with a good track record said that Bungie has tried to bring back WotM multiple times but the held-object duping bug ruins the raid and that bug is so deep-seeded it's not worth the investment to fix, to them.

Oh poo poo, like the one that people were using in the Plunder activity? That hadn't occured to me. I haven't played WotM bearing in mind, but what exactly differentiates it's held objects from, say, the nukes in DSC or the orb in King's Fall?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I feel like this is so much less believable then any alternative explanation seeing as we've seen them fix dupe bugs in other places. Don't multiple raids already have held objects that don't seem to suffer dupe problems?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like this is so much less believable then any alternative explanation seeing as we've seen them fix dupe bugs in other places. Don't multiple raids already have held objects that don't seem to suffer dupe problems?

Ball dunk-and-dupe has been patched, Ball throw-and-dupe has not.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

Oh poo poo, like the one that people were using in the Plunder activity? That hadn't occured to me. I haven't played WotM bearing in mind, but what exactly differentiates it's held objects from, say, the nukes in DSC or the orb in King's Fall?

There's at least one encounter in Wrath that relies on having a specific number of balls available at a given time. I don't know if that means having more faster makes it malfunction or they just feel it's not an enjoyably complex and challenging encounter without that constraint

This being Destiny 2, it's likely that there's more than one implementation of "grabbable orb" in there and some of them never had the bug, some had the bug but it was fixable, and some are bugged so hard that it's not worth the effort to fix

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Ball dunk-and-dupe has been patched, Ball throw-and-dupe has not.

Wonder if they could just re-jig the raid to have it be dunks instead of throws. They did a similar mechanic alteration to Oryx by having the bombs not do the damage but just determine DPS phase time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They could, hear me out, unspaghetti their code.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Instead of making something with bugs, they could just not make something with bugs in it, like I would do if I were them

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kith posted:

this is like the sixth or seventh time since season of plunder launched that i've had the game just poo poo itself at random and require reinstallation. there doesn't appear to be any consistent reason for it, either - sometimes it's in the middle of a fight, sometimes it's running around an empty room. utterly baffling.

https://i.imgur.com/MMdgXS7.mp4

are you running intel or amd? i had a similar issue on my AMD computer and no one could acknowledge or explain it lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Any bug in the game is proof of several, larger bugs that were caught & fixed so when I see a bug I simply tip my trilby and offer a "good show, ol' boys" to no one in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
"fewer total weapons will be craftable" is probably my biggest nightmare scenario except for something truly and completely deranged like mandatory pvp.

i think having more weapons exclusive to random drops and the ability to get enhanced perks for them is really good, but gutting the crafting system to do it just feels bad to me.