Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Basketball is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1624589274845773824

Cold blooded

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

It's incredible to see what a point guard can do for Mizzou after Martin's last couple years. Sean East is sick, love him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
wait is UCLA actually good, this is going to be annoying if this season of blue bloods mostly eating poo poo ends up with them winning a title

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I'm guessing fouls in basketball aren't ever allowed to be overturned? This is prompted by duke finally having something not go their way, but the acc saying they should have gotten their free throws. It was obvious there wasn't even a foul but no one is saying that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

I'm guessing fouls in basketball aren't ever allowed to be overturned? This is prompted by duke finally having something not go their way, but the acc saying they should have gotten their free throws. It was obvious there wasn't even a foul but no one is saying that.

The NBA introduced a challenge system a few years ago but not in college.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The refs originally said the foul occurred after the clock hit 0.0 but it’s very clear that didn’t happen. I thought it was a clean block anyways but that can’t be reviewed.

Virginia got away with one there on a bad overturn but OTOH it took Duke nearly 7 seconds to inbounds the ball anyways so it all balances out

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey has had a bunch of fouls reviewed this season and it has felt really weird every time (and they pretty much have all gone Purdue's way).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
drat Ohio State is stinky!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Women’s basketball update:

#1 South Carolina is absolutely dumpstering #3 LSU early on, I wish I could cheer for LSU but they’re probably the one team I’d cheer for SC over, Mulkey is just the worst person

edit: meanwhile Dawn Staley is wearing her finest Randall Cunningham jersey

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 12, 2023

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
At least the lady vols are winning

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Northwestern gives Edey an overrated chant, he scores 8 straight.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

#1 South Carolina is absolutely dumpstering #3 LSU early on, I wish I could cheer for LSU but they’re probably the one team I’d cheer for SC over, Mulkey is just the worst person

edit: meanwhile Dawn Staley is wearing her finest Randall Cunningham jersey

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1624868611725615105

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Still laughing at Dave Revsine sounding like a huge creep when he said that he was very familiar with one of the female students in the student section camera shot (it was his daughter)

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Just lmao at these refs - that's 100% not a flagrant

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh no

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

No one from Purdue hit a jumper in the 2nd half and it killed them.

5 turnovers in the last 3 minutes
No FGs in almost 4 minutes

Just an absolute pants pooping.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 12, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Congrats, Mangles :unsmith:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Welp it’s really bad in NMSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnIjc6Jmi8A

The hazing was sexual abuse that the program knew about.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Rutgers women have as bad luck as the men do against Iowa. They’re currently losing 97-40 after 3 quarters.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Our neighbors are at the nu game, this is their best win in program history right

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Our neighbors are at the nu game, this is their best win in program history right

First time they beat a #1, but they beat Magic Johnson's national championship team so that's probably bigger.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FartingBedpost posted:

ESPN just reported that the university has pulled the plug on the rest of the basketball season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
real gently caress duke schadenfreude hours up in here https://twitter.com/rtd_mikebarber/status/1625148634017718277?s=46&t=vqZZ7mOQpVBS5Hr8B3meqQ

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

on another note entirely, it is beautiful that programs in 2023 can still be in the midst of experiencing their best ever player

like NC State will never have another David Thompson, UVA will never get another Ralph Sampson, etc for a lot of other teams out there. But Northwestern has Boo Buie and that rules https://twitter.com/numensbball/status/1625155241418149889?s=46&t=vqZZ7mOQpVBS5Hr8B3meqQ

ps sorry for posting this in baseball first i would like to blame the nationwide adderall shortage as well as my own intense incompetence

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jon Shurna erasure.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jon Shurna erasure.

I’m sure that series of early round NIT losses was memorable but I kinda think this year will stick in the mind longer, I dunno, willing to cede ground to the experts here

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol at us still being in the top 10. I get it’s so they can push a top 10 matchup for Wednesday but we’re gonna get dumpstered by Bama

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

the three best things in baseball were pitcher dongs, position players pitching, and wildly overlong extra inning gooffests and now they’re basically all gone

Edit: goddammit

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 13, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

elentar posted:

the three best things in baseball were pitcher dongs, position players pitching, and wildly overlong extra inning gooffests and now they’re basically all gone

Bruh

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

But what about basketball?? :v:

I did this same thing like 7 times last year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Feeling real good about this SDSU team

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

roll tide

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FartingBedpost posted:

Fire everyone.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

BASKEY BALL SCHOOL MOTHERFUCKERS

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

gently caress ok I’m just awarding myself days off back later

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DC Murderverse posted:

The Rutgers women have as bad luck as the men do against Iowa. They’re currently losing 97-40 after 3 quarters.

That doesn't seem very good.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
N:
https://wlky.com/article/uofl-cards-banner-2013-mens-basketball-team-louisville-yum-center/42860898

quote:

The University of Louisville is hanging up a banner for the 2012-13 men's basketball team in the KFC Yum! Center, but it's probably not what you're thinking.

The university's athletic department announced on Monday afternoon that it will be hanging a banner that reads "2013 Final Coaches Poll #1."

V:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Um I can't tell if that's the most pathetic or the most genius thing I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I'm going with pathetic