Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait for the nypd azov crossover event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
man who was a spook infiltrator from 13 years old to be the new head of NATO, replacing the previous 14-year-old

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Grognan posted:

can't wait for the nypd azov crossover event

The Police Benevolent Association of NYC has never been happier.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nuclear-armed-pakistan-reaches-imf-loan-avoid-default-97075672

They are going for more loans from the IMF so I wonder if this was a precondition for even applying. Between the flood and the general economic situation, things look grim.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nuclear-armed-pakistan-reaches-imf-loan-avoid-default-97075672

They are going for more loans from the IMF so I wonder if this was a precondition for even applying. Between the flood and the general economic situation, things look grim.

I would say it is a dangerous game considering how reliant they are on China and well India is right there.

I think Minsk 2 was a generally not expected to work as is both sides understood, but I think it persisted because there was an implicit understanding the circumstance at play would be mostly frozen while Ukraine’s internal politics would remain mostly untouched. Remember, that’s in 2020-2021, pro-Russian parties had gone a lot of momentum and Zelensky’s approval was rapidly dropping, the Russians had skin in the game.

Obviously, across 2021 the situation changed.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Feb 13, 2023

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
its funny that Imran Khan got couped just in time for the american puppet government to take the blame on all the economic fuckups when he was just as responsible

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Democrats won just to take the heat for the economy and removing covid restrictions to "restart the economy".

They're still going to take a shot at it despite the potential negative perceptions down the line because having control over what's happening might outweigh all the negatives.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol at non-western nations getting in on the whole 'completely empty our stockpiles' game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/josephattard02/status/1623633905222881281?t=-c4cdmi_X0lFB_KWBN-8qg&s=19

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1623691806566129666?t=-eqP4l8gbJzu8qKHxQIYog&s=19

... Yes?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I wonder how consent will be manufactured about some of these chickens coming home to roost. So far, there’s airtight media discipline on western black metal enthusiasts and neo-pagan spiritualists joining up with Ukraine, but it will be harder to keep a lid on it when the stingers and javelins that are already missing get used for something at home.

Julian Fantino, Interior Minister, will once again blame it on black on black crime and anti-Semitism raised by the Somali and pinko communities (he basically did this with mob related crime in Toronto, why change a playbook that isn't working).

Swap the name above with your local arch reactionary cop

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That is bad if you assume that every Ukrainian is going to be ethnically cleansed the moment they don't have the military equipment they need to keep fighting, as opposed to continuing to die by the hundreds on the frontline as long as the military equipment keeps getting sent.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
yeah the British left was always poo poo but usually in a politically inept way. They don't understand their enemy. But now with Ukraine they've all turned ideologically useless as well. They want to hold hands with the tories and DO REAL GOOD because they, again, don't seem to understand the forces at play

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
socdems man, not even once

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

I always liked Owens work, but is he bad on foreign stuff like a lot of other leftists?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
there no good British leftists now

what ever was left perished with the fall of Corbyn

there's just a few grifters now and none of them are going to go against a consensus like Ukraine

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Kindest Forums User posted:

I always liked Owens work, but is he bad on foreign stuff like a lot of other leftists?

He's a big reformist who still supports Labour.

I get that most people want Ukraine to defend itself but the US and UK government is already going to send Ukraine tons of weapons! You don't need to cape for that position, when it would be better to be campaigning for stuff like debt relief or helping refugees

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

nah he's just a guy working in a heavily lib sphere and when something is as absolutely overwhelming as [brexit | ukraine | antisemitism] he gets carried with it - he and mcdonnel were major forces for getting corbyn to cave or moderate on some high-profile issues. out of these, the ukraine war is easily the most intuitive and the most difficult to seriously resist, because the facts are as they are and russia really did enormously escalate the conflict at huge human cost, regardless of provocations or geopolitical considerations etc.

you have to be a bit of a fanatic, like corbyn appears to genuinely be, to stick to your guns in favour of such universal condemnation

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one of owen jones' colleagues uses his platform to call open war against russia and faces no obvious push-back, to give an impression of where these people are at

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Owen Jones went on a Fact Finding trip to the US with disgraced sex pest and former SA user Sam Kriss around the time of Trump's inauguration to learn ways to fight fascism and then they came back and declared that the Democratic Party was doing a great job

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol at non-western nations getting in on the whole 'completely empty our stockpiles' game

critical support for comrade zelensky in advancing global general disarmament

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I wish ok uncle had taken off in parallel with ok boomer

so many lost TikToks….

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

John Charity Spring posted:

Owen Jones went on a Fact Finding trip to the US with disgraced sex pest and former SA user Sam Kriss around the time of Trump's inauguration to learn ways to fight fascism and then they came back and declared that the Democratic Party was doing a great job

No way dude, Sam Kriss was a goon? lmfao

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Masno posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
Archival footage of the landing of special forces of the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine from the board of the Mi-8 helicopter on Zmeiny Island on May 7, 2022.

Recall that in those days a big battle unfolded for a small island, which was preceded by several attacks by the Bayraktar TB2 UAV on Russian landing craft and air defense systems.

Despite a successful surprise landing, the enemy special forces were unable to succeed in capturing Zmeinoye by the "symbolic" date of May 9 and were forced to retreat, having suffered significant losses.
(from t.me/NovichokRossiya/24826, via tgsa)

ukraine spent precious planes and trained infantry over this dumb piece of rock in the sea

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he was LF superstar Dead Ken

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

(from t.me/NovichokRossiya/24826, via tgsa)

ukraine spent precious planes and trained infantry over this dumb piece of rock in the sea

In the modern era nothing says sitting duck better than a tiny military outpost on a desolate island.

Slap an automated lighthouse on it and level every other structure.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

He's a guardian columnist so I presume he is bad on almost everything. Is there a piece of his you can think of you liked?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1625291232309047296?s=20&t=UDCxhDh3DdNqt4BzAOuAhw

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
zelensky has the force, but putin has the forces

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

noob spotted

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

zelensky has the force, but putin has the forces

Some of those that use The Forces
Are the same that burn crosses

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

He's a guardian columnist so I presume he is bad on almost everything. Is there a piece of his you can think of you liked?

he likes the idea of a better world but only if it can be reached lawfully

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

(Sith voice)
I will make it legal.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tankbuster posted:

Chiang Kai Shrek

if anyone was helped by bright green guy with that name in elden ring that was probably me

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Lawful good, the alignment doomed to shrugging and asking what can you do

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

goddamn it spoiler that :nms: poo poo

this is why i don't go into the succ thread

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010