Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Juan Derrer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I named him Galileo because it was always going to be either that or Fandango and the coin came up tails.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Harvey Baldman posted:

I named him Janus due to his split personality deal .

More like Hu Janus, amirite.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Twirly-Whirly :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The quest at least worked well enough to get me to give him an actual name so I went with Icarus.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

We gotta see what sort of extra benefits Baiz is going to have. I can see myself running him in aggravate teams to have double dendro double electro but I dont know if I can fit him in spread teams since whoever the dendro carry is and nahida is already such a powerful combination damage wise.

e- With all that we've waited Im more interested in the new geo catgirl. Although if shes a fake catgirl I'm going to dock points against her.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 13, 2023

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
If I’m trying to build a Hu Tao team (with XQ), which is the better option to invest in:

1) Melt with Diona and either Rosaria/Kaeya
2) 2x Hydro with Sucrose and Mona (could go Thoma instead of Sucrose but it’d be doubling my levelling expenses plus I’d need to farm new artifacts for Hu Tao since she’s on Gilded Dreams atm)

Mona/Rosaria/Kaeya are all equally underlevelled/geared

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I cant believe this stupid rear end battle pass is going to keep giving me inazuma talent mats for at least four more patches. I am literally leveling thoma talents to 9. Aggravating.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
As a day one player I have 4 built meta teams (without character overlap!) so now all I want to spend my resin on is dumb ideas like trying to make a Noelle Burgeon team. I don’t even care that Dehya looks like she’ll be bad, any off field reaction enablers are great for dumb idea teams.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Unless something changes her application is really bad and you're better off using Thoma for Burgeon.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

As a day one player I have 4 built meta teams (without character overlap!) so now all I want to spend my resin on is dumb ideas like trying to make a Noelle Burgeon team. I don’t even care that Dehya looks like she’ll be bad, any off field reaction enablers are great for dumb idea teams.

dumb teams and builds are fun to do as a break from the meta. i’m super excited for mika specifically because i run phys ayato in the overworld a lot, despite having a whole c0/r1 eula collecting dust

speaking of dumb builds, i finally got around to triple crowning scaramouche, which i believe is the second time i’ve ever done that. first time was heizou

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Using scara in the overworld has really grown on me. The first few weeks I was getting used to controlling it and where exactly to use it - it felt only a little better than yelan. Now it's just crazy, it's like a totally different game with him in the party. The fact I cant make him feel good for me in abyss doesnt even bother me.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Gearhead posted:

I think Winter Night's Lazzo was the only one they've done where it's referencing something in game without the cinematic itself being in game.

I suppose TECHNICALLY the Travail trailer?

There's also "We Will Be Reunited" iirc.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This is actually a potential leak regarding Honkai Star Rail now but according to one channel that has provided an image albeit impossible to verify The 3rd planet you visit in the game will be a Japan themed one and be ruled by a character named Ruan Mei and a Yae Sakura like character will be involved as well. The Ruan Mei image doesn't really look like Mei/Ei very much though and lacks the purple hair and also her eyes are closed as well. Also there's claims that there's a character yet to be seen in Space China that the files identify as "Hu Phoenix: The Marshal Above The 6 Generals"

Can't say I'm terribly surprised. It feels like Mihoyo is using something akin to Osamu Tezuka's Star System with their games since arguably their greatest asset are their character brand IPs and strong attachments to them particularly in China.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

Using scara in the overworld has really grown on me. The first few weeks I was getting used to controlling it and where exactly to use it - it felt only a little better than yelan. Now it's just crazy, it's like a totally different game with him in the party. The fact I cant make him feel good for me in abyss doesnt even bother me.

you arguably need too much investment in scara to make him feel good in abyss. c3/c6 scarazan+bennett and a shielder makes do for me, but why do that when hyperbloom performs just as well, if not slightly better, with way less investment?

scarazan+bennett is extremely good for speedrunning bosses though. single-tapping sumeru bosses with his burst feels pretty drat good

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This game is fun and I'm glad it exists. :)

Spend a few hours yesterday finally farming The Catch for Xiangling. People were very nice about me pillaging their fish.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Leathal posted:

If I’m trying to build a Hu Tao team (with XQ), which is the better option to invest in:

1) Melt with Diona and either Rosaria/Kaeya
2) 2x Hydro with Sucrose and Mona (could go Thoma instead of Sucrose but it’d be doubling my levelling expenses plus I’d need to farm new artifacts for Hu Tao since she’s on Gilded Dreams atm)

Mona/Rosaria/Kaeya are all equally underlevelled/geared

The later, if only for hydro resonance and mona covering downtime for Xinqiu, if he has any.

HuTao/XQ/Sucrose/Thoma is good team because you can swirl pyro with Sucrose’s VV before going to town with Hu Tao. Thoma also provides some crumby version of shielding as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So, Genius Invokation.

Not much discussion about this recently. My main issues with the implementation are:

a.) Unlocking new character cards is too easy and boring. Characters should have been unlocked to invite via open world challenges. The current system is just checking off boxes in a row and open world challenges become pointless. Tying acquisition to open wprld more would be so interesting, this was a huge part of what made challenging NPCs in gwent fun.

b.) The game's expansion plan seems to be new character cards but character cards are less interesting than deck cards.

c.) No deck import function. I get that you dont want people to netdeck but importing popular lists for different characters would make grinding with them way more interesting.

Unfortunately interest in the mode has dropped so much that its hard to find good deck lists. I'd love a list with jadeplume terrorshroom (for example) that has some thought put into it but I'm not willing to do it myself.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 13, 2023

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Mona and Hu Tao's ults after each-other can also be a good wombo-combo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Why wouldn't you want people to netdeck? It's not even a PvP mode, the AI's feelings aren't going to be hurt because you beat its scrub-tier homebrew.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

No Wave posted:

c.) No deck import function. I get that you dont want people to netdeck but importing popular lists for different characters would make grinding with them way more interesting.

There's a whole subreddit dedicated to deck builds. Just go there and copy one. It's not that difficult.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Why wouldn't you want people to netdeck? It's not even a PvP mode, the AI's feelings aren't going to be hurt because you beat its scrub-tier homebrew.

What's up with the co-op thing? I found some option on the board where you can invite characters that seemed to imply it was co-op, but I haven't tried it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

There's a whole subreddit dedicated to deck builds. Just go there and copy one. It's not that difficult.
Their selection is either limited or complicated to navigate (zero deck hits for jadeplume terrorshroom when I searched), is slowing down in activity in general, and it is in fact a pain in the rear end to select the 30 cards one by one. I know this because I've done it half a dozen times.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 13, 2023

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

What's up with the co-op thing? I found some option on the board where you can invite characters that seemed to imply it was co-op, but I haven't tried it.
There's an option to play versus other players that are in co-op mode with you (in addition to the option to play PvP in matchmaking).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mention it because so much of the mode - specifically, the transparency of its acquisition system - seems to have been designed with PvP in mind. And the PvP is actually quite interesting (when you win) but this is genshin people dont generally log in looking for PvP. Ie, I agree with you was just trying to understand where they were coming from.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can also match randomly with internet people. There's no ranking, so there's no telling what skill level you're playing against. In higher skill play, the game heavily favors whoever goes first, simply because there aren't really ways to strip your opponent of their artifacts/equipment/support cards, or deal damage to them on their turn, unlike most TCGs. This also makes matches go much faster.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I suck at card games and I skipped Gwent in Witcher 3.
I still have the next quest in the GI thing dangling like a tell tale heart.

What’s the best way to get the pole arm billets if you already bought them? I loving used all the story and 3-3 Abyss ones on lovely pole arms I can’t use and I finally decided to go back and do Dragonspine after 700 hours and whoops.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bengraven posted:

I suck at card games and I skipped Gwent in Witcher 3.
I still have the next quest in the GI thing dangling like a tell tale heart.

What’s the best way to get the pole arm billets if you already bought them? I loving used all the story and 3-3 Abyss ones on lovely pole arms I can’t use and I finally decided to go back and do Dragonspine after 700 hours and whoops.

Weekly bosses. Billets are actually the most limited resource in the game in that they are all RNG from bosses, given as main game exploration/quest rewards, or given away during the summer island event, which we've had twice so far.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do weekly bosses and pray that they drop?

You can also convert the one you get from the sumeru tree at level 24.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 13, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bengraven posted:

Fight weekly bosses, look for Inazuma and Sumeru Sigils to turn in for them as rewards. You said you went back and did Dragonspine so I assume you've got all of those billets from the tree now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
dragonspine gives you a polearm billet
from the tree thingy

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So I had a very dumb realization recently that I probably should have known for a very very very very long time -

There are no tiers of world boss materials.

I was helping my wife farm the Oceanid while she is world level 3. So her bosses are all 30+.

I then went back to my own world that was WL7 because I thought "I need to ascend Barbara and I need a bunch of high level boss drops from Oceanid."

I'm a dumbass and didn't realize that the bosses all drop their item at level 30 and and you can just farm the low level version for all the drops you need.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you get more drops from the higher level versions though
the level 36 oceanid drops an average of 1.6 cleansing hearts
level 91 one drops 2.5
also (importantly) it drops more of the gems, and (less importantly) more 5* gladiator artifacts too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah but Oceanid sucks, all my homies hate Oceanid, always bring your big brother to beat up Oceanid.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You can also match randomly with internet people. There's no ranking, so there's no telling what skill level you're playing against. In higher skill play, the game heavily favors whoever goes first, simply because there aren't really ways to strip your opponent of their artifacts/equipment/support cards, or deal damage to them on their turn, unlike most TCGs. This also makes matches go much faster.

this is what i get for dropping the mode as soon as the actual quests were over i guess lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you get more drops from the higher level versions though
the level 36 oceanid drops an average of 1.6 cleansing hearts
level 91 one drops 2.5
also (importantly) it drops more of the gems, and (less importantly) more 5* gladiator artifacts too

The lower level ones die faster.

And I loving hate the Oceanid. :colbert:

Looking at WL3, it looks like it drops at a 1.87 rate. Which, when it is much easier to kill, makes it far more appealing.

If I need 40 Cleansing Hearts, for example, I would rather run it at a low level with my wife 22 times vs at high level solo 16 times.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the big limiter is resin which you are gated by realtime for
doing the low level one will take 6 days worth of resin whereas the high level one would take only 4

but 2 extra days is not so dramatic of a difference so it's fine if you're having more fun

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the big limiter is resin which you are gated by realtime for
doing the low level one will take 6 days worth of resin whereas the high level one would take only 4

but 2 extra days is not so dramatic of a difference so it's fine if you're having more fun

Yeah. I've had so many days when I never touch my resin that I'm not too concerned. Also, last I checked, I have 95 fragile resin.

Honestly, I've been looking for a good excuse to burn through some of it.

And while I like my core team, they're not good at farming bosses, so I'm working on building up my other teams so that I can more easily take down bosses at WL7 (and soon WL8).

Majority of world bosses, I just solo them with Ganyu - which tends to be reliable but fairly slow and boring. (Ask me about killing Thunder Manifestation about 20 times in a row).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
And here I am wishing there was a higher world level that guaranteed 3 boss drops :/

Hate these guys, worst part of getting new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

And here I am wishing there was a higher world level that guaranteed 3 boss drops :/

Hate these guys, worst part of getting new characters.

:same:

Hell, I'd take WL9 if it meant more handguard/mushroom/spectre grey drops