Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It sounds like he's spinning it as "games end up with more players, which keeps the game relevant, which leads to people buying it that wouldn't have otherwise bought it" because there's no way anyone could possibly think that Game Pass doesn't eat into sales in the absolute sense. Its entire business model is literally about trading sales for subscription revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't bought anything I've played on Game Pass and I doubt I ever will, unless it leaves the service and I want another go

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I bought Streets of Rage 4 and Hi-Fi Rush on Steam after playing them on Gamepass because they rule.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not a nyanners fan sorry. kson is on the shortlist to be a hostess in the next one though, which is slightly funny

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Volte posted:

It sounds like he's spinning it as "games end up with more players, which keeps the game relevant, which leads to people buying it that wouldn't have otherwise bought it" because there's no way anyone could possibly think that Game Pass doesn't eat into sales in the absolute sense. Its entire business model is literally about trading sales for subscription revenue.

this is vaguely true, like video games sell through social / word-of-mouth stuff a ton
i remember that 300 page eu piracy study that never got published until some journalist rooted around for a copy because it had findings like "videogame piracy actually increases videogame sales"

but presumably piracy vs legit sales is pretty different from "buy it legit for $1" vs "buy it legit for $60"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

this is vaguely true, like video games sell through social / word-of-mouth stuff a ton
i remember that 300 page eu piracy study that never got published until some journalist rooted around for a copy because it had findings like "videogame piracy actually increases videogame sales"

but presumably piracy vs legit sales is pretty different from "buy it legit for $1" vs "buy it legit for $60"

companies are also likely factoring in fiscal quarters when it comes to losses from piracy, in the sense that you can potentially lose out on stock value and investment if a game sells below expectations in Q1, even if word-of-mouth, sales, etc. make it back by Q4 or whatever

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
We are also probably in the "still trying to gain market share / hype" phase of the gamepass service imo, so maybe they're fine taking a loss on it. I could see it being 30 bucks a month in 5-10 years especially if the Activision poo poo pans out.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't bought anything I've played on Game Pass and I doubt I ever will, unless it leaves the service and I want another go

Legit only happened to me once and it was Saints Row 3. But I have so many copies of SR3 that I probably have it on Jaguar somewhere in a box.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OV4VaNW4FU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

*Shoves with the handle of a broom* Shoo, you have a thread, shoo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

After like three months, it has finally arrived

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lol

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Lucky last
https://i.imgur.com/zx1a4C5.mp4

Reckon movie is going to rule, despite Crisp Rat using his normal voice
Fun tidbit.
https://twitter.com/CrazyAssNinten/status/1624931806968524800

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Very fun

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She should've voiced Peach in the new movie

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
That’s so loving cool.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Space Hulk seems impossibly difficult

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There are three Prologue missions, each like 5 minutes long just showing you the basics of gameplay, and I can't beat the third one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It took me three tries to beat the second one and I only won on the third round because the AI did something stupid

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I want a new Kirby air ride

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gripweed posted:

Space Hulk seems impossibly difficult

is it just like, the big green guy in space?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

is it just like, the big green guy in space?

It's a video game based on the classic board game, Space Hulk

And by based on, I mean it's a perfect 1/1 simulation of the game. They specifically say the outcomes of combats are resolved with a computerized D6 roll. The player controls the Blood Angel Terminators, the computer plays the Tyranid Genestealers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

With citizen sleeper defeated i need a new switch game I can play at work. Recs welcome

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

With citizen sleeper defeated i need a new switch game I can play at work. Recs welcome

SWITCH it off and buy a Steam Deck :grin:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

triangle strategy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The same people I heard talk about Citizen Sleeper also liked Griftlands. Maybe look at that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

triangle strategy

Delete this

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

Mechanicus

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SMTV

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Picross S.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Who the heck is Huge Jacked Man? I've been stumped all day. Is it The Rock?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bautista

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Who the heck is Huge Jacked Man? I've been stumped all day. Is it The Rock?

he played Wolv the Reen

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hatty posted:

The same people I heard talk about Citizen Sleeper also liked Griftlands. Maybe look at that

I loved Griftlands, and recommend it to any fans of StS, but I think you’d be letdown if you were expecting a CS-like experience.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i like both so I'll grift it up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also try I was a Teenage Exocolonist

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Metroid Prime Remastered

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ymgve posted:

Metroid Prime Remastered

How is this

Like did they do a good job remastering the graphics or is it sorta flat?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Monkey Fracas posted:

How is this

Like did they do a good job remastering the graphics or is it sorta flat?

It is insanely, ridiculously good OP. I'm not even joking I don't know how they pulled it off on the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

She should've voiced Peach in the new movie

Did Anya Taylor-Joy have to profess a lifelong love of gaming like Chris Pratt did