Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Demilich posted:

How's Ohio doing?

Ohayō to you too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I was born for this moment.

But in the wrong place, apparently.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Irony.or.Death posted:

whenever that feeling starts to cause distress, just remind yourself that you are completely powerless and your official policy position re: Malthusian eco-fascism has no impact on anything other than the social palatability of your small-talk

should help take the edge off

new c-spam mascot just dropped:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the china spy balloon gets to the toxic cloud and just melts in the air

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

AceClown posted:

someone in a discord said that the reason for the weather balloon bullshit is because they don't want anyone, domestic or otherwise, reporting on the giant death cloud and I crack pinged so hard some of you might have heard it

i did not have 'u.s. starts aggressively destroying weather balloons' as a side effect of climate change on my bingo card, but here we are.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realstewpeters/status/1624900248161210368?t=2DrCZ1RPYGBUY0Hv81NORQ&s=19

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

that account is a christo fascist covid conspiracy theorist

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
like i love amplifying hyperbolic disaster theories as much as we all do but that's very clearly road salt, which is also an environmental catastrophe but isn't from ohionobyl

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

webcams for christ posted:

that account is a christo fascist covid conspiracy theorist

So you're saying he's American

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

AceClown posted:

someone in a discord said that the reason for the weather balloon bullshit is because they don't want anyone, domestic or otherwise, reporting on the giant death cloud and I crack pinged so hard some of you might have heard it

I love how private security is going around threatening people they think might be journalists because they're taking pictures of a river, and this is just ok. Totally actions you can take in a legitimate state system.

But then again rich people told them they could and they ultimately are the law so....

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Irony.or.Death posted:

whenever that feeling starts to cause distress, just remind yourself that you are completely powerless and your official policy position re: Malthusian eco-fascism has no impact on anything other than the social palatability of your small-talk

should help take the edge off

Much like stargazing last night. I'm sure some of them were laughing at me.

Stereotype posted:

like i love amplifying hyperbolic disaster theories as much as we all do but that's very clearly road salt, which is also an environmental catastrophe but isn't from ohionobyl

And I say it looks like mercuric chloride damage. Let's start another rumour!!!

How did the mercury get there when there were no mercury compounds in the manifests? I dunno, magic, aliens, Chinese weather balloons? We'll let the professionals at FoxNews figure that one out.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

HERE WE GO AGAIN BOYS!

https://twitter.com/UpwardNewsHQ/status/1625239981450035201?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember the nursery rhyme:

if the derailment make a colorful sky,
then soon you will die,
if the derailment is a jumble of squares,
then only the railroad who cares

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/realstewpeters/status/1625137111845289985

we should have told them COVID was safe and the Trump vaccine was rushed out the door too quickly

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the chems spilled are heavier than air and they royally hosed up the burn off by doing it under an atmospheric inversion layer so i imagine the worst impacts are localized on eastern ohio/western pa and anything that gets out of the area would be pretty diluted and nbd. like none of that burn smoke moved from the area for a whole day.

lol where's the info about them burning when dispersion is poo poo, wanna use it to rub it in the nose of people who think the EPA should be trusted for poo poo like this

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
dont worry boys, JD is on the case

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1625223855202508803

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Agean90 posted:

lol where's the info about them burning when dispersion is poo poo, wanna use it to rub it in the nose of people who think the EPA should be trusted for poo poo like this

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

the way this is (not) getting covered you'd think it was happening in Palestine like the west Bank, not Palestine Ohio

it's not cool when the cavalier approach of treating people as biopolitically disposable happens to americans!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

https://twitter.com/realstewpeters/status/1625137111845289985

we should have told them COVID was safe and the Trump vaccine was rushed out the door too quickly

how worried should people in the non red region be? this almost hits Chicago ffs

what about people downstream on the Ohio river? the Mississippi?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i mean whats the evidence the guy with the map is citing for effects in western indiana near chicago? i would look at those counties for a while and assess from there if it was me. but right now its ??? from twitter with a map so idk.

edit: ok i just clicked thru to see the map...it is not very near chicago. chicago is on the other side of indiana from the red part in the east

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Feb 14, 2023

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

poisonpill posted:

how worried should people in the non red region be? this almost hits Chicago ffs

non-red region, not at all... at least, from this one

downstream on the Ohio... only time will tell. I would not want to be in East Liverpool, Wheeling, or Steubenville. If you are south of E.Palestine, and in the purplish (non-pink) part of this map near the Ohio, be warned.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poisonpill posted:

Literally the whole state of Indiana away: "this almost hits Chicago"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

everyone itt suddenly pretending Indiana exists

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I know it seems bad but once it rains I’m sure that whole toxic cloud problem in Ohio will take care of itself!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ohio river may actually be less toxic after this stuff gets in it if it dilutes the baseline cancer causing mining/industry/agri run off with a less carcinogenic carcinogen

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

It's time to fight cancer with cancer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh fugg I think I'm within 200ish miles of Ohio

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh fugg I think I'm within 200ish miles of Ohio

RIP

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

you can't trust anything posted by an american because they're all fascists

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

poisonpill posted:

That was a post from a conservative nutjob. I was using it to illustrate that they're worried about it when they don't give a poo poo about airborne contagion. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

I thought it was just a gay joke.

ed: "joke"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
drat the "sad and hopeless" numbers for high schoolers are wild.

In 2021 the number jumped again to 42%. That's right, nearly half of high schoolers Experienced Persistent Feelings of Sadness or Hopelessness. Worst since they started measuring.

The "High School Students Who Seriously Considered Attempting Suicide" number jumped from 18.8% in 2019 to 22% in 2021 lol.

Historical data: https://yrbs-explorer.services.cdc.gov/#/
This year's data (also has historical plots): https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/data/yrbs/pdf/YRBS_Data-Summary-Trends_Report2023_508.pdf

I wonder why kids are so bummed out? Maybe we need to give them a few more avocado toasts

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Stereotype posted:

I wonder why kids are so bummed out? Maybe we need to give them a few more avocado toasts

probably scared of china or the woke mind virus. We should bomb someone to restore faith in america

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

During the 2020 lockdowns, kids who were already suicidal became less suicidal, but non-suicidal kids were more likely to develop suicidal ideation, so the youth suicide rate dropped but suicidal ideation and other kinds of mental distress went up.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Chamale posted:

During the 2020 lockdowns, kids who were already suicidal became less suicidal, but non-suicidal kids were more likely to develop suicidal ideation, so the youth suicide rate dropped but suicidal ideation and other kinds of mental distress went up.

the suicide rate stayed about the same though. if anything it also went up, from 3% to 4% (CDC doesn't do more than 1% of precision on anything). all the mental health problems have been steadily worsening for the past decade

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwYjFmP0boY

marc maron's new special has this thread vibes

marc maron posted:

I'm going to die
You're gonna die
Im Marc Maron, I'm a comedian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili