Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

This is very cool, thanks! Sadly imgur turned them all back into videos so no thanks imgur -_-

An Actual Princess posted:

wall kicks WILL work

Lol

This owns, Game of the Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If angry plumbing Luigi was avatar sized I'd be very tempted.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Why does the SMB movie look like every other Dreamworks garbage show

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Movies are heavily dictated by what will sell to kids / families that will take their kids. That's also the reason why you get 10 Shreks and 6 Kung Fu Pnadas, and maybe 1 original IP in a 5 year time span.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hrist posted:

Movies are heavily dictated by what will sell to kids / families that will take their kids. That's also the reason why you get 10 Shreks and 6 Kung Fu Pnadas, and maybe 1 original IP in a 5 year time span.

Mario was going to sell anyway, it didn't need to look like... this

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I too am upset that the Mario movie made for children is aimed at children and not at me, a grown adult

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It looks like Mario to me aside from Peach being a bit generic Dreamwork Lady

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just had a game of Game Boy Tetris where I cleared 90 lines. That's probably my personal best so far considering I'm not all that good at the game.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oh, yeah, true. The look was one of Pratt's demands. His agent is pretty convincing, from what I hear.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What did you expect it to look like? lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just like the 90s live action/animated show mother fucker

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I don’t mind the look of the movie at all :D

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Here's a very minor quibble about Metroid Prime - once I've opened a door that requires a specific beam to open it, I would like to be able to open that door with any beam going forward.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Rageaholic posted:

Just had a game of Game Boy Tetris where I cleared 90 lines. That's probably my personal best so far considering I'm not all that good at the game.

nice

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It looks like the games. More specifically, the galaxy/Odyssey games

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bleck posted:

Here's a very minor quibble about Metroid Prime - once I've opened a door that requires a specific beam to open it, I would like to be able to open that door with any beam going forward.

I believe this happens with missile-locked doors, but yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Use the specific beam to unlock it, and after that, use whatever.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Never played Metroid Prime (which is odd I had a GC back then) but I am loving the remaster. I've played Dread and the SNES games and loved them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

What did you expect it to look like? lmao

I don't know. Mario doesn't look right

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Bleck posted:

Agreed. It’s especially annoying since switching weapons requires two button presses.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Idk just not the awful DreamWorks face

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Harriet Carker posted:

Agreed. It’s especially annoying since switching weapons requires two button presses.

Not if you play on classic :v:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trying to get my brother on my newly created family plan and it’s saying he already has one? Is that cause he made it for his kid and for some reason you can’t have kid only?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
In the new Game Boy virtual console / app thing for Switch online, our scores get wiped every time we start. Do we need to save something before we switch games? I've never noticed this before.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's from the studio that makes the minions movies

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Hed posted:

In the new Game Boy virtual console / app thing for Switch online, our scores get wiped every time we start. Do we need to save something before we switch games? I've never noticed this before.

Those games didn't have any save function. I just save it using the external Switch GB app (I don't what it's called. The thing you bring up by pressing both shoulder buttons simultaneously).

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
God, Wario Land 3 is really annoying.

Like, when it's good, it's a ton of fun. But when it's bad...

Some levels are just too cryptic, and there's not enough feedback about when you're on the right track or not. I spent a half hour looking for the red key in the peaceful village because I didn't realize how a certain mechanic worked.

And then a little later, I got to the rabbit soccer match and said enough. The stupid fox guy really got me, but the rabbit was just bad design through and through.

Overall, it's a bad game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

lol I beat 6 Golden Coins in one sitting. I had no clue it was so short.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Inzombiac posted:

What'd you expect to happen after collecting six golden coins?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

God, Wario Land 3 is really annoying.

Like, when it's good, it's a ton of fun. But when it's bad...

Some levels are just too cryptic, and there's not enough feedback about when you're on the right track or not. I spent a half hour looking for the red key in the peaceful village because I didn't realize how a certain mechanic worked.

And then a little later, I got to the rabbit soccer match and said enough. The stupid fox guy really got me, but the rabbit was just bad design through and through.

Overall, it's a bad game.

mad because bad... give it another shot after a break

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

for the rabbit boss you just jump while charging and hit him when he’s in mid-air and it will make him fly straight forward

it’s a good game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

After Puss in Boots 2, DreamWorks is good now. The expectations were for it to be typical sequel junk, which is why it's such a surprise, and well deserved, hit. It'll be much harder for a Mario movie to fit everyone's perfect vision for what it should be like. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Wario Land 3 is my least favorite Wario game, so I’m glad they released it first & got it out of the way. It is too obtuse at times. Unlocking abilities is a chore if you played any other WL game.

Wario Land 2 and 4 are fantastic games. Probably some of the absolute best on the Gameboy and GBA.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ImpAtom posted:

If angry plumbing Luigi was avatar sized I'd be very tempted.
Best I could do.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Inzombiac posted:

works to the game's advantage in making the entire experience feel like a weird rear end dream. yeah Mario was on the moon for a bit, then shrunk down to ant size and explored the pipes of a house. he then went inside an enormous robot that was in the shape of himself. finally he was eaten by a turtle and a whale (separate incidents)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Murdstone posted:

Best I could do.

Glad to see Luigi’s stankface will be making an appearance :lol:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
The hint system in Metroid Prime is great. I don't care to get lost in any more metroidvanias ever again and it's saving me a few FAQ searches. The clues are unobtrusive enough that it does take some guesswork and study to know which route to take.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Another complaint about Metroid Prime, less a game issue and more of a dev problem that went unfixed.

In one room in Phendrana Drifts, there are ice-flavored Shriekbats tucked in the corners of some of the buildings. It's the only room they appear in the game, and they have their own log entry. Once you collect the thermal visor, the enemy spawns in the room are changed to a single adult Sheegoth - the Ice Shriekbats no longer spawn, and if you hadn't scanned them for whatever reason, you can't scan them from that point on.

This was fixed in the Japanese release... and then broken again in the Wii release. I assumed it would be fixed for good in this version, but I just discovered, much to my irritation, that it was not.

Logbook progress transfers to NG+, so that'll be the only thing I'm missing, but, bleh.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Palmtree Panic posted:

Wario Land 3 is my least favorite Wario game, so I’m glad they released it first & got it out of the way. It is too obtuse at times. Unlocking abilities is a chore if you played any other WL game.

Wario Land 2 and 4 are fantastic games. Probably some of the absolute best on the Gameboy and GBA.

Wario Land 2 remains my absolute favourite implementation of alternative paths and endings. After you beat the game, you get a map of all possible routes and paths, and can go back to specific levels to try and find the alternative exit. The post game is effectively trying to find all the possible endings.

My favourite is the first divergence: never press a button to wake up when your alarm goes off. The pirates escape with all your money, and you play a short alternative campaign set entirely within your dreams.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My trivially-small complaint with Metroid Prime has always been that the Wavebuster doesn't harm Chozo Ghosts.

Bustin' would make me feel so good, dammit! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My trivially-small complaint with Metroid Prime has always been that the Wavebuster doesn't harm Chozo Ghosts.

Bustin' would make me feel so good, dammit! :negative:

It makes the ghosts feel good. Isn't that enough?