Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mr. Lobe posted:

I assume all salarymen do more or less interchangeable office drudgery.
So just like America, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 88

MyronMulch posted:

What's Japanese for "spit-take"?

Well, I found 力水を付ける (chikara mizu wo tskeru) lit. "to apply power water" - to take and spit the water prior to a sumo bout.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lmao dad didn't even think of doing a nepotism

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Dad's feeling threatened by his son's growing ambition.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aino Minako posted:

Ngl, this is making me pretty squeamish. Somehow more so than the parents’ :neet: a few years back.

As far as we know from the comic documenting that dark time, Tohru didn't actually stab his poor father. The boy got a little physical with his dad, who had reacted after seeing Tohru's browser history exploring serial killing options, and from memory dad ran onto a knife or similar, apparently commiting hari kiri in shame IIRC. All this happened within a handful of panels, so there was a little ambiguity.Tohru's mother, in grief and shame, then stabbed herself.

In his latest adventure, Tohro stabs a completely innocent person to death over nothing more than some gamer bullshit. Gamer Tohru is an evil Tohru. Like a resentful self-centeredchild in an adult's body, absolutely self-centered, and stabby with it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
The staber guy isn't Tohru. It's some other NEET that is in the same Guild/Group? as our Tohru.
Also, I don't think we see anybody dying, the adoptive brother got stabbed into the arm and then runs out of the room.

Helios Grime fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 13, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BigBadSteve posted:

In his latest adventure, Tohro stabs a completely innocent person to death over nothing more than some gamer bullshit. Gamer Tohru is an evil Tohru. Like a resentful self-centeredchild in an adult's body, absolutely self-centered, and stabby with it.

I don't think this stabber is Tohro. He doesn't have a brother. The stabber is just some other NEET in his game guild.

Gamer Tohru is spiteful towards his guildies and has temper tantrums where he breaks his own poo poo, so he's still poo poo.

lucking foser
Jan 10, 2023
yeah it's gonna be gay all day today with a chance of beast

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BigBadSteve posted:

Man have you been thinking that guy was Tohru the whole time

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Victis posted:

How does this keep happening?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Victis posted:

Lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

As far as we know from the comic documenting that dark time, Tohru didn't actually stab his poor father. The boy got a little physical with his dad, who had reacted after seeing Tohru's browser history exploring serial killing options, and from memory dad ran onto a knife or similar, apparently commiting hari kiri in shame IIRC. All this happened within a handful of panels, so there was a little ambiguity.Tohru's mother, in grief and shame, then stabbed herself.

Touru is a poo poo person being a Gamer and all but he didn't stab anyone and was a smidge worried about Sara's school

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Victis posted:

Actually, they are talking about Tohro, totaly different neet.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Will the real Nii Tohru please stand up?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Gamer Tohru has long flowing hair, I'm a bit surprised people thought this stupid idiot rear end in a top hat was that other stupid idiot rear end in a top hat.

Tohru:

Not Tohru:

I guess to be a bit fair, we stopped following Tohru to follow Sara for a bit, then swapped over to not-Tohru - I can see how some people would assume we've swapped back to our old NEET.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

No new Millionaire update again this week.

Yeah, let me be explicitly clear: our new NEET, Gorou, is a completely different character from old NEET, Tohru. Their only connection is that they are guildmates in an online game.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
:wtfdude:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah get his rear end. That's what he deserves for quitting video game

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Metal as gently caress

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Right in the keister!

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

PokeJoe posted:

Yeah get his rear end. That's what he deserves for quitting video game

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Gamer Tohru has long flowing hair, I'm a bit surprised people thought this stupid idiot rear end in a top hat was that other stupid idiot rear end in a top hat.

Tohru:

Not Tohru:

I guess to be a bit fair, we stopped following Tohru to follow Sara for a bit, then swapped over to not-Tohru - I can see how some people would assume we've swapped back to our old NEET.

NEET: Not in Education, Employment, or Thiscomic

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
hyped for the daily life of a repulsive brother murderer self defender arc. what adventures will he have in gay baby jail??

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Possible spoiler. Something that came to me from a long ago page.

Did we get a glimpse of Gorou in prison back on page 284?

That guy kinda looks like him but I’m not sure. I remember thinking that one panel aside with the prisoner was weird at the time.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

NEET goes to college arc?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
drat this dude murdered his bro over a video game

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
hope his brother has a silver drop

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Imagine getting one-shot by your dumbass stepbrother who does nothing but sleep and game

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drat this dude murdered his bro over a video game

not to defend piss NEET but he was going to cancel the ISP and that was a tad much

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ill be surprised if hes dead. Forearm stab prob wouldnt kill

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dandywalken posted:

Ill be surprised if hes dead. Forearm stab prob wouldnt kill

The latest comic seems to imply he kicked his bro down the stairs, which is much more potentially lethal.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Lmao

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

big cummers ONLY posted:

Imagine getting one-shot by your dumbass stepbrother who does nothing but sleep and game

Um, ackshually, it was a two shot -- one stab, one kick :v:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

We don't know yet that the cool step bro lost. Maybe he turned things around off panel

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Um, ackshually, it was a two shot -- one stab, one kick :v:

Sorry I meant the alternate definition, killing the boss on your first try

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Fingers crossed little bro comes back dual wielding a kitchen knife and a meat tenderizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I think y'all deserve one more today.