Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dabir posted:

I don't get it

They obviously lost the Superbowl. I'm not even American and I can figure that out.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dabir posted:

I don't get it

Lots of drunk dudes punching walls because their team lost. They are most likely named Kyle.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Nah, people went and hung out down on South Broad anyway and a couple managed to climb the greased poles but no real property damage or injuries or whatever. Stuff was chill.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zil posted:

Lots of drunk dudes punching walls because their team lost.

I like the joke because hiring a contractor makes it seem like it wasn't just one hole punched but dudes going full Kool-Aid Man on their walls.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Whatever those are, they're not sidewinders so probably not.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It works because win or lose, Philly fans will/did/always lose their minds and break poo poo. It's the Brotherly Love way

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Makes sense then that Philadelphia's most famous fictional character is a boxer who takes a punch so well that he can get beat to poo poo without getting knocked down and loses valiantly.

Rocky is their Culture Hero. Their Hercules, Cuchulainn, their Maui. Soon enough they'll start explaining geographical phenomenon by Rocky having punched the land so.

An entire civilization based on punching and losing.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Lol

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hey that's Dingus

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

God I'm so glad I'm not at work because this killed me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmao

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Flyinglemur posted:

It works because win or lose, Philly fans will/did/always lose their minds and break poo poo. It's the Brotherly Love way

Ok but we didn't? Usually it's just a big party and someone climbs a lamppost. This isn't Vancouver or something.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ok but we didn't? Usually it's just a big party and someone climbs a lamppost. This isn't Vancouver or something.

gonna punch some drywall over it?

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

God I'm so glad I'm not at work because this killed me

You should see what it did to your mom!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ok this got me bad

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FreudianSlippers posted:

Makes sense then that Philadelphia's most famous fictional character is a boxer who takes a punch so well that he can get beat to poo poo without getting knocked down and loses valiantly.

Rocky is their Culture Hero. Their Hercules, Cuchulainn, their Maui. Soon enough they'll start explaining geographical phenomenon by Rocky having punched the land so.

The City of Brotherly Shove

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

ok this got me bad

i dont get it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

i dont get it

the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuN6gs0AJls

The video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcR9k8o4I0w&t=82s

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Baron von Eevl posted:

You get you are arguing w a meme, right?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Brother Tadger posted:

You get you are arguing w a meme, right?

Dang I thought he was just a bad poster

(note to self, don't sign your posts)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FreudianSlippers posted:

And like Cuchulainn, Rocky's downfall was being unable to refuse an offered dog.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Baron von Eevl posted:

Someone did overturn a car before the game, but yeah from what I heard it was mild. But that's compared to your reputation as rowdy aggro sports fans. You must know you guys have that, right?

I mean I shouldn't talk, the only reason my city doesn't have a similar rep is that we haven't gotten much of a chance to prove it. But based on what happened in 2019, if another big win (or upset more likely, lol) happens here the downtown will be absolute chaos.

And I also went to a college elsewhere that made international news for a student neighborhood's St. Patty's Day riot. What I'm saying is, all sports/drinking fan mobs have the potential to reach a critical mass of bro energy that cannot be contained.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Do you have any idea how expensive D cells are nowadays???

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

TK-42-1 posted:

Deez cells rack 'em

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm a longtime Penguins fan so you can take your lies and cram them down your cram hole with some Cheez Wiz chaser.

I'm sorry I don't mean that.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dang I thought he was just a bad poster

(note to self, don't sign your posts)

Well now that's just hurtful.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mister Speaker posted:

But that's compared to your reputation as rowdy aggro sports fans. You must know you guys have that, right?

Yeah but that's 90% the same people that think you're gonna get shot taking 10 steps across city line ave because of all the black people crime but don't attach that kind of reputation to cities or teams where the fans are mostly white and actually riot.

And a couple of things about the Santa thing:
1) that was over 50 years ago
2) it was just snowballs, not fuckin batteries
3) that Santa was bullshit and deserved what he got

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

TK-42-1 posted:

I paid $6 for a 9v battery for my smoke detector today. I should have just bought a new loving smoke detector that recharges or something.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

You should have stolen the batteries.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

Whatever those are, they're not sidewinders so probably not.

There have been a zillion different Sidewinder variants. Those are (crappy 3D models of) AIM-9P/Js.

The meme is still technically wrong because that's not what the USAF is using in 2023.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also it bothers me that the meme says "an SU-57" because you don't say "an ess you 57." The Su is short for Sukhoi and you 'd say "a sue 57." Just like how it is with MiG.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Everyone needs a Dave in their life tbh

Couple of NZ specific ones:

The north island of New Zealand just got hosed up by a huge cyclone.

The cyclone followed just three weeks after the largest ever recorded rainfall event, that flooded huge bits of Auckland, where 1/3 of the population lives. The Mayor of Auckland, Wayne Brown, badly hosed up the disaster response. He was on the radio while half the city was under water and the only thing he had to offer was "we need it to stop raining". Real George Bush during Katrina moment.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

bike tory posted:

Everyone needs a Dave in their life tbh
If there is no Dave around, it's up to you to be somebody's Dave.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Also it bothers me that the meme says "an SU-57" because you don't say "an ess you 57." The Su is short for Sukhoi and you 'd say "a sue 57." Just like how it is with MiG.

Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sagebrush posted:

Lol Jeffrey gonna have to deal with the FBI/DOD when someone goes all War Thunder itt