Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

That tunnel exit is good car infrastructure. It's the natural progression of the bollard. A big loving wall.

I'd rather they add something so the wreckage doesn't careen into that crosswalk at the intersection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

eXXon posted:

gently caress yeah Publix Transit rules. Hop on the bus and grab a couple of eggs, bread milk and veg on your way home.

I saw I had misspelled and decided it was good that way

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

McCracAttack posted:

I'd rather they add something so the wreckage doesn't careen into that crosswalk at the intersection.

Yeah one of those compactors with a magnet from car scrapers to quickly put it away

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
OK, seeing that POV video I can understand. There should probably be more intense signage indicating that it is actually a don't-gently caress-around corner, but yeah some of these people look like they're still well over a buck coming out of the exit.

Celexi posted:

Drivers like to ignore the yellow recommend speed "that's for cowards not real men" and proceed to slide off off ramps

I'd be lying if I said I haven't grinningly said that to people, about my ramps (they're mine) when I used to rip around on the motorcycle. But I never went in blind, which is what it kind of looks like is happening there - are all these people new drivers, or not from around there? Has anyone ever wrecked multiple times there or do they learn their lesson?

Technically it's true, that yellow signs around corners are 'recommended speed' and not legal speed limits - maybe that whole thing should be re-evaluated, because people are going to get it in their heads that they're better drivers than they actually are and this is always the result.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

McCracAttack posted:

There is definitely something special about Seattle's street layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFY9u69tkE

lmao the tow truck

DR FRASIER KRANG has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Feb 14, 2023

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah 95% of the yellow signs are stupid nonsense on corners you can comfortably take just fine if you're going the speed limit and paying attention so people get used to ignoring them, but 5% of them are "no seriously if you go any faster than this you will loving die"

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

I feel like many ramp speed limits aren’t because the turn is too sharp, but because it cuts off visibility. Could be a couch in the road just around the bend so even if you can take the turn handily you can’t brake in time for an obstacle you couldn’t see

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is the only yellow sign we should give to motorists

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

worst ever at ping-pong posted:

I feel like many ramp speed limits aren’t because the turn is too sharp, but because it cuts off visibility. Could be a couch in the road just around the bend so even if you can take the turn handily you can’t brake in time for an obstacle you couldn’t see

there is LOS design consideration, but also that they need to be designed for some of the largest 20-ton vehicles that may use it whereas your typical 2k sedan or sportscar won't have any problem. so yes, ppl can ignore them 99% of the time

also they're considered Advisories, not limits.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/malikfnlol/status/1624517819827372032

oh my god, i'd take my chances against the self driving over this lunatic

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Teslas really are the BMWs of the 21st century. That logo might as well be a warning.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo I think we loving did it

direct action gets the goods

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JonnElledge/status/1625199361935245312?t=Nnm1ExMyRePyTPvkAGyMQA&s=19

And the carbrain DM chaser:

https://twitter.com/JonnElledge/status/1625295254269091841?t=aT_cUxMKwqZSNmSC4-obLw&s=09

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the intersection of toxic masculinity and toxic individualism is car-brain

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
WORK CAR HOME

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Weird walking about

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

Apparently it's an interstate off-ramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39uIXLh030

lol that's par for the course around here, can Seattle drivers not read signs or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGnIlb6TZIA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The 4 Hour Life? Yes, Please!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mister Speaker posted:

OK, seeing that POV video I can understand. There should probably be more intense signage indicating that it is actually a don't-gently caress-around corner, but yeah some of these people look like they're still well over a buck coming out of the exit.

You shouldn't be going a hundred on the interstate anyway

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

holy poo poo I think we loving did it

direct action gets the goods

hell yeah. sounds like you'll have to really keep up the pressure though, because it looks like they may just be stalling in hopes of momentum diffusing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

webcams for christ posted:

hell yeah. sounds like you'll have to really keep up the pressure though, because it looks like they may just be stalling in hopes of momentum diffusing

yeah there's already talk of doing another mass ride on the weekend of the 4th in case they pull a fast one

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol that's par for the course around here, can Seattle drivers not read signs or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGnIlb6TZIA
Seattle drivers are militantly unaware of their environment. Their space-outedness is exceeded only by Portland drivers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bragging about it! Being like "yes, this is what I want! More please, yum!"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

loving lefty weirdos want to walk down streets!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Gas brake honk
Gas brake honk
Honk honk punch
Gas gas gas

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
a cool car

https://twitter.com/fuckedupcars/status/1625195599443156992

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

wrong, it is neither in pieces nor a small cube

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Bragging about it! Being like "yes, this is what I want! More please, yum!"

perfect little homo automobilis, genuinely perturbed by the thought of being less dependent on his car

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
also plz make WORK CAR HOME the new subtitle

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
WORK CAR HOME is such a perfect summary of the anti-car argument that of course it had to come straight from the carbrain's mouth

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Boywhiz88 posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Police ask pedestrians to wear hi-vis following spate of road deaths in Scotland

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nice fiero w/ body kit

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

might get weird and do some walking down streets today idk

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

cowboy beepboop posted:

might get weird and do some walking down streets today idk

i just got back from doing it and would highly recommend it

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Gabagool posted:

https://twitter.com/malikfnlol/status/1624517819827372032

oh my god, i'd take my chances against the self driving over this lunatic

This is embarrassing even for a 21 year old

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

thetan_guy42 posted:

This is embarrassing even for a 21 year old

https://twitter.com/malikfnlol/status/1566269787843354624

Top Tesla tweeting twiggy-legged twerp title taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Milo and POTUS posted:

You shouldn't be going a hundred on the interstate anyway

That's just my canadianity talking. Here our highway speed limits are typically 100kmh but it's not uncommon for the flow of traffic to be 20 to 30kmh over that.