Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can I get a spark Inquisitor off the ground for like 10d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I would probably be hundreds of divines richer if I actually had a couple things I refused to play :smith:

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

queeb posted:

Can I get a spark Inquisitor off the ground for like 10d?

hell yeah dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2tblTWPxA

Not super good for sanctum at the low low end, so I pivoted to srs guardian. But nerfs notwithstanding this is my likely 3.21 starter

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whypick1 posted:

I've spent this weekend chain running Atolls and Coves to rush Sanctums so I can get the final few Boons/Afflictions I need to go 40/40 and I'm thoroughly convinced I'm going to hit level 100 first (currently 98.333 98.23 [loving one shot out of nowhere]) :shepicide:

Update: in the >10 Sanctums I've run since this post I hit level 99 and got 2 of the 4 Afflictions I needed to finish this challenge...both of those coming in back to back rooms, so it definitely feels like I'm going to hit 100 first :shepicide::shepicide::shepicide:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 12, 2023

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I got.. quite an eye

theshim
May 1, 2012

rawk cawk posted:

I got.. quite an eye

u giev

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The passing of Kalandra League robbed Eye of Winter of it's stupid-powerful massively reduced projectile speed shenanigans, so I decided to try to replicate it as best I could this league:

https://i.imgur.com/eSSziph.mp4

Context: Testing number of hits per cast using the Golden Rule Self-Poison stack counting setup with divergent Eye of Winter (1.5% reduced angle of shards released during flight per 1% quality) jacked up to exactly 72% quality, which equals 108% reduced firing angle, which makes them fly backwards and converge paths on a very small area with the right targetting and a very specific reduced projectile speed. This is an incredibly slow 2.3 casts per second, for reference, and it's easily surpassing 25+ hits per cast. Should be able to get it to 10+ casts per second, and with roughly 300k damage per hit.

edit: Here's 5 casts per second, just to demonstrate how absurdly fast the hit rate ramps up. Also demonstrates how finicky the positioning can be for maximum effectiveness:

https://i.imgur.com/0AcfHAB.mp4

Here's what it looks like without something to hit. You can see that the sweet spot for maximum convergence is actually offset a bit from the eye's flight path, which takes a bit of time to get used to. Namelocking is actually a real hindrance here, wish it could be disabled:

https://i.imgur.com/CPiOUJm.mp4

And here's how fast just 5 casts per second with basically zero gear or passive tree benefits kills the act 10 cathedral boss with a whopping 1400 tooltip dps:

https://i.imgur.com/9awPJHi.mp4

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 12, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm free! :unsmith:

I might have to actually accept that I'm decent at this game now.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I was trying to make a cold dex stacking claw but got this on the way:

Is it worth the 6+ div to keep crafting it at all even just to sell it ? seems like it could end up insane but I'm not sure how to finish it. I know I can multimod, prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed -> reforge lightning to get the int stack mod, then after that I think its a bunch of hopes and prayers other than crafting exactly what I want?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Maybe imprint here, do as you said to get the dex stack mod, and then craft dummy suffix (or even two) then aisling t4 for elemental pen, using imprint if that bricks

From there it might just be a crafted mod to finish or a lot of prefixes cannot be changed + harvest reforge to try to hit multiple good mods?

e: no idea if that's actually worth doing yourself tho

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
On the Poe ninja build list for SSF I see a lot large cluster jewels with the max number of notables. Is there some crafting trick to this? With alts and regals and scours I can seem to get only get 2 max and they’re rarely the ones I want.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

On the Poe ninja build list for SSF I see a lot large cluster jewels with the max number of notables. Is there some crafting trick to this? With alts and regals and scours I can seem to get only get 2 max and they’re rarely the ones I want.

Harvest reroll can force some notables

Edit: not force, but more likely

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Thanks , I’ll need to start running harvests

J
Jun 10, 2001

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Depends on which notables you're trying to get. Some are much rarer than others, and some have mod tags while others don't. If they have mod tags sometimes you can use harvest or fossils to interact with those tags to target the notables.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Also keep in mind large notables are on prefixes AND suffixes and that critically the suffix notables are all limited to a maximum of 1 per jewel (this is what keeps there from being 4-notable large clusters)

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Blew my attempt at an Original Sin ring by getting panicky on a trap floor and running head first into a rolling ball. Feels bad man

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Also keep in mind large notables are on prefixes AND suffixes and that critically the suffix notables are all limited to a maximum of 1 per jewel (this is what keeps there from being 4-notable large clusters)

I did not know this, thanks!

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Am I right in thinking the best shot here of getting rid of a suffix w/o touching the prefixes is just a 50/50 annul?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
There is suffix to prefix but somehow I'm pretty sure that's not going to help you here. Unless you get REAL lucky...

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Ended up just taking the 50/50 and failing :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You must've forgotten to close your eyes first

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

whypick1 posted:

You must've forgotten to close your eyes first

You're not wrong =(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Today someone accidentally gave me 10 div for an item I had listed for 1.5. And I gave it back to them. Stupid conscience.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Fistergraves was a good man, a fine poster.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The mods remember you, Fistergraves. Your probe will be much celebrated.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Fistergraves eat Chitus’ plum and die in agony tia

mods this is not a death threat it is a path of exile joke i swear

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Arivia posted:

mods this is not a death threat it is a path of exile joke i swear

*tweedishly* Here’s to practicing social skills!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao

Anyway what's a good 3rd spectre for poison SRS? I've got Arena Master and Pale Seraph right now. I went with the wraiths that cast enfeeble and have +1 curse cap from Delve for now.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Could use the big dude with a slow from harvest.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Frenzy apes are still perfectly fine!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

theshim posted:

Frenzy apes are still perfectly fine!

Maybe if you want frenzy charges yourself, but then you might as well just use the jewel for that.

SRS are temporary minions so the frenzy apes are kind of bad.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Clockwerk posted:

*tweedishly* Here’s to practicing social skills!

my social skills are okay. after i got caught up in the boxing day massacre i don't really trust the mods to do anything not explicitly spelled out for them, and even then it's 50/50.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That was a reference to a Tora line fyi

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dyzzy posted:

That was a reference to a Tora line fyi

poo poo i really didn't play back then, my bad

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Yeah, not trying to be mean spirited, I just really like that line’s delivery and it seemed to fit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

Maybe if you want frenzy charges yourself, but then you might as well just use the jewel for that.

SRS are temporary minions so the frenzy apes are kind of bad.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Not gonna get the full benefit out of the frenzy charges if my skulls die in 10 seconds.

What is the harvest mob called?

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Primal Crushclaw?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Crushclaw casts a debuff that increases cold damage taken, probably not really a srs thing. I think what op is looking for is a Wild Bristle Matron, that has a quasi-shout that reduces action speed by 40%.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Clockwerk posted:

Yeah, not trying to be mean spirited, I just really like that line’s delivery and it seemed to fit.

No worries, I never took it as an insult. All good, may you get the eater divine altar your next map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

because I am extraordinarily stupid I bought a fractured +2 arrows bow

I will spend the rest of the league farming for deafening contempts until I get a good bow or, much more likely, burn out