Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"lol DRG means floor tank"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MqbpYRl58

(There are some seriously impressive timings in this, drat.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I believe the results period ends on daily reset on the 20th (check your timezones, it's exactly 4 days after the time it tells you the bidding period ends). If you don't claim the house by then you're not getting it.
Thanks!

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Tekopo posted:

I was doing UCOB prog and someone ressed into my doom clear puddle. I had a nice laugh at that one.

Reminder of when I got hit by the dive on QM and knocked by it into a twister which knocked me outside the arena. Then promptly ressed straight into a tempest wing and got knocked out again.

E: Oh of course it was clipped https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingGlutenFreeVampireRalpherZ-t-9rjw-Q0JkbLZLo although you can't really see the first part in this pov.

thark fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 14, 2023

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Havin' a time. Doin' some (fashion) crimes.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Fashion crimes are my favorite crimes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Korean FFXIV just put out an anime commercial, and once again people are saying they want a full anime for the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf3cCkM9M84

I liked this one more than the others the JP branch did, though I didn't dislike those.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Onean posted:

"lol DRG means floor tank"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MqbpYRl58

(There are some seriously impressive timings in this, drat.)

zero of these fancy moves would work for me due to server mechanic ticks

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Onean posted:

Korean FFXIV just put out an anime commercial, and once again people are saying they want a full anime for the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf3cCkM9M84

I liked this one more than the others the JP branch did, though I didn't dislike those.

It’s a shame they made it look like that Hrothgar is a weaponsmith for advertising purposes, his true craft is so unappreciated.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Spuzzz posted:

Fashion crimes are my favorite crimes.

Where does the Dark Magician cosplay come from?

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Regalingualius posted:

Where does the Dark Magician cosplay come from?

That is the Ronkan helm, Gordian Gown, Augmented Lost Allagan gloves, and I think Slothskin boots. You can barely see the boots anyways. And the shinryu book.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1625502636442263552?t=6yIEUIl0-8RYJMut5ilLBw&s=19

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah that one with the Ronkan hat is good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm now on the step of learning what happens at the very end of P7S and figuring out how to parse it, and I have a question: does Infinite Purgation always pick stack/spread by roles or do players need to focus on themselves? It's difficult to tell when examples split like that for simplicity or that's actually how the mechanic works.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's role based.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's role based.

Thanks, that'll help me with callouts for guildies who don't do their homework.

Now to figure out which of ten different strats my server does for Harvests and which pictures for those strats aren't drawn wrong...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh, are we posting our fashion crimes? Might as well embed the tweet instead of attaching a bunch of images.

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1625603468588097583?s=20

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

If you want some advice, don't pick Oppo (aka Opposite/Away) for War. It's bad and you need to find the picture that has the correct adjustment to actually make it work without killing anyone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tekopo posted:

If you want some advice, don't pick Oppo (aka Opposite/Away) for War. It's bad and you need to find the picture that has the correct adjustment to actually make it work without killing anyone.

Is that what my friend is calling "far war"? Haven't looked at that one yet, apparently this server uses both it and Inumaru, mostly Inumaru. Everything looks pretty reasonable for the different harvests, though I can already tell Static Death is pixel-perfect.

Also, on the list of bad diagrams, shoutout to the Famine video that said "go to the platform with two eggs" and chose a camera angle that cut off the birds so every platform had two eggs.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 14, 2023

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, it's far war. The original diagram for "far war" 100% killed one of the people that had the lightning tethers. You can adjust to it but honestly I think Inu is not that much more difficult to parse and a lot safer.

Famine has one fixed way to do it. Static Death is really not all that difficult and I would recommend it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Heard about this player run event today, seems very silly and fun. https://eorzean.fish/fest

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I've been kind of itching to get back into this for a while, but it's been since late Heavensward that I played. Is it going to be difficult to hop back in and figure things out for all the expansions I missed? Just at a glance it seems a bit intimidating considering all I've missed.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nah. Just pop in, redo your hotbars, and follow the story.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Levantine posted:

I've been kind of itching to get back into this for a while, but it's been since late Heavensward that I played. Is it going to be difficult to hop back in and figure things out for all the expansions I missed? Just at a glance it seems a bit intimidating considering all I've missed.

Absolutely not, the game has become very good about drip-feeding you almost everything you need to know as you go along re: encounter mechanics, and every job has a nice flow of skills slotting in neatly as you level up.

Also, belts and TP are dead forever, may they never return.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Nah. Just pop in, redo your hotbars, and follow the story.

Bloody Pom posted:

Absolutely not, the game has become very good about drip-feeding you almost everything you need to know as you go along re: encounter mechanics, and every job has a nice flow of skills slotting in neatly as you level up.

Also, belts and TP are dead forever, may they never return.

Ok, thank you! That's good to know and hear. I still have my paladin on Excalibur so I'll probably just do the needful and figure it out a bit at a time. Will it filter me through all the expansions? Or will it try to get me right to Endwalker? Because I want to see it all.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Levantine posted:

Ok, thank you! That's good to know and hear. I still have my paladin on Excalibur so I'll probably just do the needful and figure it out a bit at a time. Will it filter me through all the expansions? Or will it try to get me right to Endwalker? Because I want to see it all.

Unless you pay for a skip, the story is entirely linear and you will do all of it. There's side content (raids, etc.) that you don't need to (but should) do, but the MSQ is mandatory.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Unless you pay for a skip, the story is entirely linear and you will do all of it. There's side content (raids, etc.) that you don't need to (but should) do, but the MSQ is mandatory.

Rock on! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I read also that there's a new (to me, anyway) Trust system that lets you solo dungeons with NPCs - is that pretty robust? Does it get introduced as part of the MSQ or just something that exists?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Levantine posted:

Rock on! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I read also that there's a new (to me, anyway) Trust system that lets you solo dungeons with NPCs - is that pretty robust? Does it get introduced as part of the MSQ or just something that exists?

When you unlock a story dungeon it just presents you the option to join with trusts (duty support). You can also go back and do any compatible dungeon with them, whenever you want. Although I don't think Stormblood has anything available yet, which will be filled in during the 6.x patches. Depending on where you are in Heavensward, you might be getting into Stormblood right away, which won't be supported yet.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e;fb

e: Also, while the Trust companions are much more visibly competent than Adventurer Squadrons (they do mechanics!) they still don't know how to use AoE abilities, so expect trash to take forever if you're not a DPS.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Consummate Professional posted:

Heard about this player run event today, seems very silly and fun. https://eorzean.fish/fest

This is done by the guy that runs the Eorzean Aquarium and makes all the video guides for catching specific fish, he's good people. He's also helped me out a few times with finding interesting fish lore for my lore videos, which is always fun. (If you want a good sampler of Weird Fish Lore, I recommend looking at every single fish in Azys Lla.)

It turns out he's also one of the people that made the TF2 map Snowplow, so that's also a thing!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

When you unlock a story dungeon it just presents you the option to join with trusts (duty support). You can also go back and do any compatible dungeon with them, whenever you want. Although I don't think Stormblood has anything available yet, which will be filled in during the 6.x patches. Depending on where you are in Heavensward, you might be getting into Stormblood right away, which won't be supported yet.

Ok cool, that does a lot for my anxiety. It looks like there's a LOT to do. Thank you! I'll connect with one of the Alliances and probably bother people there. Thanks for the info!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
anyone happen to use the dalamud mod that removes the black bars on the side in cutscenes for ultrawide resolutions? curious how often it looks jank/busted.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

this is fro’do baggins, i’m very proud of him

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Levantine posted:

Ok cool, that does a lot for my anxiety. It looks like there's a LOT to do. Thank you! I'll connect with one of the Alliances and probably bother people there. Thanks for the info!

Enjoy! You've got some great story ahead!

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

barclayed posted:

this is fro’do baggins, i’m very proud of him

Obviously I see the resemblance but my first thought was “this looks like the intro of Lala Captain Planet.”

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there any way to prove one's CC rank in past seasons? I don't see achievements that reference it though I may just be blind.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Re: P7S harvests, the JP PF strats are likely to be your best bet, especially if you want to be compatible with PF

For Famine's there is pretty much one solution, and that is it. The one comment I want to make is that the minotaur tethers will always end up standing just outside the diagonally opposite minotaur on the other minotaur platform. If you stand between the two minotaurs on a platform, you are about to cleave your friend and also die.

We did the dynamic strat for Death's, where the group starts on the AoE bull platform and splits left/right to the other two based on tethers. I regret it in hindsight, even if it let us use invulns on busters. It's pretty easy for especially the edge positions on a platform to not spread sufficiently and laser their friends.

There are two "static" positions I've seen going round for Death's, neither of which is actually static. "JP Braindead" is the only one worth considering: it has the least variation and everyone except the tanks will have floor arrows pointing to exactly where they need to stand. The NA "Static Death" version where the healers go on a bridge has smaller margins, requires more dynamic positioning based on how the pattern is mirrored and is just worse in every way, far as I can tell.

War's is the only one where there are any alternatives to consider, and people love to endlessly debate them.

I also don't recommend Far War: yes, the symmetric diagram looks very nice and "just go opposite" is a nice instruction but if you actually try to follow that and position symmetrically opposite then one of the bull tethers is guaranteed to die from a minotaur cleave. In practice you need to do some asymmetric variant where either a minotaur adjusts awkwardly, the bulls squeeze in awkwardly or some of the bull tethers go somewhere that isn't far. All of that is certainly doable but the exact positions end up being somewhat fuzzy and dependent on exactly where everyone else goes, which is just not ideal. I think the positioning is tighter and likely to take longer to learn than any of the variants with short minotaur tethers, at least if you want to do them cleanly. On the other hand: one person dying isn't really a big deal.

Inumaru and other short minotaur variants mean minos will hit for almost 70k on a good roll. That's really not the end of the world: you just need to press a single mitigation or shield of some kind during setup. Inumaru itself is fine. Note that it's not entirely symmetric and one minotaur tether has to be careful to pick the correct bird platform.

I like the "bad" day 1 strat where you have 2x Bird on one platform, 2x Minotaur on the other. It's asymmetric for birds, and minotaur tethers can potentially cleave if they gently caress up. Lots of people apparently hate it with a passion so possibly my brain is out of tune here, but I find it requires the least brainpower for me to execute: start on the 2x minotaur platform, note which of the other two is bull and which is bird, run to whichever platform matches my animal when I get tethered and adjust later.

There are a bunch of other variants, like having the birds go to the opposite bridge. Do what you think will be easy to execute and remember in the moment.

Fenix Alheron
Oct 21, 2010

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:perfect:

Old MCH was loving unplayable

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got my Allagan Melon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Cleretic posted:

This is done by the guy that runs the Eorzean Aquarium and makes all the video guides for catching specific fish, he's good people. He's also helped me out a few times with finding interesting fish lore for my lore videos, which is always fun. (If you want a good sampler of Weird Fish Lore, I recommend looking at every single fish in Azys Lla.)

It turns out he's also one of the people that made the TF2 map Snowplow, so that's also a thing!

Nice! I’m nearing the end of my leveling/ triple triad journeys and think fishing is going to be my next hobby.

I’ve never been to a “venue” but I love aquariums irl so this is right up my alley.