Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thinking about the comments about feeling like enemies aren't hitting hard enough, thus a nerf to resilience, but also how they're happy with the difficulty of the matchmaking heist battlegrounds. Now I'm thinking about the pubby who could not stay alive while we were trying to teach them Warpriest. Or just how Heists tend to feel like a slog if I go in on anything but my best builds.

That said, I'm hoping the revamps to the modding system and artifact lead to overall better pubs, and the changes to the artifact paired with adding champion counters to subclass verbs should hopefully make it much easier to not have to go with a gimpy build in order to get champion coverage.

I still think that increasing the costs of resilience mods as part of the "players are too tanky" stuff makes no sense. All that does is make it so you should get resilience rolled on your armor and make up the difference for other stats with mods. I don't really understand why all stats aren't treated equal for costs if they're equal for the way they roll on armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Oxyclean posted:

Thinking about the comments about feeling like enemies aren't hitting hard enough, thus a nerf to resilience, but also how they're happy with the difficulty of the matchmaking heist battlegrounds. Now I'm thinking about the pubby who could not stay alive while we were trying to teach them Warpriest. Or just how Heists tend to feel like a slog if I go in on anything but my best builds.

That said, I'm hoping the revamps to the modding system and artifact lead to overall better pubs, and the changes to the artifact paired with adding champion counters to subclass verbs should hopefully make it much easier to not have to go with a gimpy build in order to get champion coverage.

I still think that increasing the costs of resilience mods as part of the "players are too tanky" stuff makes no sense. All that does is make it so you should get resilience rolled on your armor and make up the difference for other stats with mods. I don't really understand why all stats aren't treated equal for costs if they're equal for the way they roll on armor?

it's bungies acknowledgement that some stats are more equal than others. +10 Mobility for 4 points makes no sense when mobility is a useless stat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they want it to have opportunity cost. If you spec heavily into, say, intellect, you still have room in your armor to also somewhat spec into something else. If you spec heavily into resilience, you have that much less mod capacity left, so you’d better be sure that being the tankiest tank is so important to you that you’re OK with not doing much else

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

stat mods should be 1/3 universally. being 2/4 just makes buildcrafting a bigger pain in the rear end, especially since stats tend to be the weakest part of any build (even moreso since they're nerfing ability cooldowns)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

stat mods should be 1/3 universally. being 2/4 just makes buildcrafting a bigger pain in the rear end, especially since stats tend to be the weakest part of any build (even moreso since they're nerfing ability cooldowns)

:hmmyes:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Or, and hear me out, shoot them with your gun instead of worrying about not being able to spam abilities :v:

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 14, 2023

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Resilience has become a very powerful stat so making it cost more makes sense.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They could also fix it by making the other stats powerful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who cares about stats Rasputin is about to loving DIE in like half an hour. Dude’s been two weeks from retirement all season. He’s done.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Personally I am going to really, really miss that extra 15% solo damage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Does it though? All this seems to do is make armor rolls more lopsided - stuff with high expensive stats is more valuable and stuff with high cheap stats will have low value.

Like I'm sure glad chasing armor stat rolls will be even more annoying in LF.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Luckily, passive cooldown is simply not how you get your Abilities in PvE so we will be spamming abilities as much as ever, outside of Crucible

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Luckily, passive cooldown is simply not how you get your Abilities in PvE so we will be spamming abilities as much as ever, outside of Crucible

Yeah I was going to say Arc Hunter now has a good loop to endlessly spam punch things 2 death and mobility has 0 input on it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

it's also getting reduced in power so "it's strong now and that's why it needs to be nerfed with a cost increase" doesn't really fly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol this loving game

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

30% DR is still pretty powerful imo

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kith posted:

it's also getting reduced in power so "it's strong now and that's why it needs to be nerfed with a cost increase" doesn't really fly

30% damage reduction is still a substantial amount. The stat does more than it used to so it should cost more.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Huh. First time in years I've seen the in-game install screen on playstation.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

excited to see Rasputin die and have Zav go "drat that's crazy guardian" and palm me an ascendant shard

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WHERES MY loving DOG

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah was just about to say, 1st time I've seen the new ingame patching system being used.

Slightly annoying that leaving the Playstation (or presumably Xbox) in standby mode won't auto update the game anymore for patch days but presumably less certificate requirements for any updates probably makes life easier.

fake edit: could in theory mean quicker updates when they've got game breaking bugs that need a patch (I know this is a ludacris concept for Bungo)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

1350 legendary no matchmaking.

gently caress me...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Legendary modifier? Or Legend Difficulty? Huge difference, no joke

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo that was fun

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1350 legendary no matchmaking.

gently caress me...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Legendary modifier? Or Legend Difficulty? Huge difference, no joke
It's the same setup as Seraph Station and WQ missions.

Really did not seem particularly hard. Just play careful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They threw up the finale cutscene online if you can’t play but want to check it out.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It’s Bunker E15 day if you, like me, were waiting for it to not be a moon one for engram hoarding purposes

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

this finale mission is way lamer than the season of the lost one tbh

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mill Village posted:

30% damage reduction is still a substantial amount. The stat does more than it used to so it should cost more.

resilience has been borderline useless for the majority of destiny 2's lifetime (actually useless in most contexts) and cost as much as much more important stats (discipline and strength)

"the stat does something now" is not a reasonable justification for double-nerfing it by both reducing how powerful it is in addition to increasing its cost

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

also the new music is loving strange

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kith posted:

resilience has been borderline useless for the majority of destiny 2's lifetime (actually useless in most contexts) and cost as much as much more important stats (discipline and strength)

"the stat does something now" is not a reasonable justification for double-nerfing it by both reducing how powerful it is in addition to increasing its cost

It went from useless to one of the most important stats, if not the most important stat, especially when you stack it with things like Glaive Shields, Overshields, Restoration, and soon Woven Mail.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

final mission was zzz but the cutscene ruled. Who the gently caress were those guys behind Zavala though

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

arsenicCatnip posted:

final mission was zzz but the cutscene ruled. Who the gently caress were those guys behind Zavala though

If it's the player characters of devs, they're dorks
If it's the player characters of destiny streamers, uggghh

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Kith posted:

Yes Amen

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The patented Bungie Double Nerf(tm) is annoying

They're great at coming up with two balance solutions, either of which would be viable, and doing 'em both

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Roctavian posted:

If it's the player characters of devs, they're dorks
If it's the player characters of destiny streamers, uggghh

see I don't recognise the armor they were wearing so I don't think they were player characters

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

arsenicCatnip posted:

see I don't recognise the armor they were wearing so I don't think they were player characters

I've already decided it's just these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIfKzgltjIg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

this finale mission is way lamer than the season of the lost one tbh

This finale mission works and the cutscene was a lot cooler and easier to understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I appreciated that Eramis didn't forget to level grind, going from pointlessly easy to a significant challenger.