Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endman posted:

what’s covid

not much what's covid with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

This take doesn't seem that hot but idk anything about long covid. It's probably okay to feel crushed and done with covid overall, but if you don't word everything perfectly there will be a wapo journalist tweeting four thousand times at you.

Of all the things glenn is right about, it's that this kind of behavior should be humiliating for Taylor but is in fact just something she and lots of mainstream journalists do to boost their clout. Glenn is also a good object lesson in how no one should use Twitter lest it destroy their brains

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I've had covid three or four times so I'll keep you posted

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Endman posted:

I've had covid three or four times so I'll keep you posted

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
covid is based on vibes. i don't have bad vibes so i haven't gotten it yet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

indigi posted:

still thinking about this lol. I don't think it "solves" any problem, just creates a new problem where elderly people are completely devalued and not actually fix any of the societally damaging aspects of the demographic crisis.

I suppose there's an argument that the resulting wealth redistribution via inheritance might encourage Japanese couples to have more children, but it seems like the money would be going from 65+ year olds to their 40+ year old children who aren't going to be having any more kids anyway. they'd have to couple the suicides with some sort of forced generational ultimogeniture, where the inheritance would go from the decedent to their great grandchildren or grandchildren rather than their children. and even then I’m not sure that fixes anything and would probably create new class antagonisms

Thing is under capitalism they genuinely don't know how to NOT consistently turbofuck young people. Only answer they possibly have is to inflict horrific cruelty on some random people and hope that shuts everyone up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
covid is still killing around three thousand americans a week, the US has below 70% vaccination rate and it's never going to get better than this. next year's round of vaccinations won't be free any more so it will get worse.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's fine it's only poor's and rethiglicans go Biden 2024 hahahhhahahhahahahaha

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

This take doesn't seem that hot but idk anything about long covid. It's probably okay to feel crushed and done with covid overall, but if you don't word everything perfectly there will be a wapo journalist tweeting four thousand times at you.

Of all the things glenn is right about, it's that this kind of behavior should be humiliating for Taylor but is in fact just something she and lots of mainstream journalists do to boost their clout. Glenn is also a good object lesson in how no one should use Twitter lest it destroy their brains

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1624522235514855429

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1624537739671613443

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is under capitalism they genuinely don't know how to NOT consistently turbofuck young people. Only answer they possibly have is to inflict horrific cruelty on some random people and hope that shuts everyone up.

It's easy just go find some terra nihllus and ship all your no-hopers to the frontier. The ones who survive the indigenous "invasions" get to be the new petite bourgeois of that territory. Rinse and repeat :)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

good news!

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1624828133919653890

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
great news!

https://twitter.com/JohnSmi48253239/status/1624840181374148609

look at how low those deaths involving influenza are!

("deaths involving covid" is much less funny than "deaths with covid", which is the peak of bullshit playing-with-wordsism)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

COVID involved shootingdeath

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

apparently this was a hot take? what's the ruling from the thread? seems p reasonable

https://twitter.com/mindyisser/status/1623778595729547264

cold take, but it apparently did lead to some spicy hot ones so on balance it might count

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

look at how low those deaths involving influenza are!

("deaths involving covid" is much less funny than "deaths with covid", which is the peak of bullshit playing-with-wordsism)

hey at least they're not clogging up the hospitals!!

e: just blows my mind that there's a new disease that is responsible for about 5% of all deaths week-to-week and people just can't be bothered to do a loving thing different to slow it down

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Feb 13, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
the economy demands blood

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The thing about that Times article (always use archive.ph to read Times articles, or turn off Javascript in your browser) is the relish that mathematics professor takes in the torture aspect. If you go beyond "let's kill all the olds" (already intolerable) to "let's kill all the olds in a horribly painful way" you're an rear end in a top hat with extra sauce.
No one said "let's kill all the olds in a horribly painful way". They said "let's make all the olds kill themselves in a horribly painful way".

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Flesh Forge posted:

hey at least they're not clogging up the hospitals!!

e: just blows my mind that there's a new disease that is responsible for about 5% of all deaths week-to-week and people just can't be bothered to do a loving thing different to slow it down

People are always going to be like that, it’s institutions that are supposed to apply historical knowledge and collective resources to better deal with things like plagues.

Unfortunately capital has hollowed out all of our institutions so we lack the most basic hygienic functions of civilisation! :imunfunny:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jose posted:

Reminder this freak keeps her thermostat set to 90f

Unforgiveable. I will never forgive them.

Back on her side now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I meant Taylor Lorenz keeps it at 90

Endman
May 18, 2010

That’s like 30 in normal temperature what the gently caress

Does she think it kills covid or does she just enjoy sweating her rear end off in her own home?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Staff writer for The New Yorker. Author of The Looming Tower, Going Clear, and God Save Texas. Screenwriter, playwright, keyboard player for Austin band WhoDo.
https://twitter.com/lawrence_wright/status/1625225014978002944

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I mean technically correct but it's not really top of the priority list here

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Flesh Forge posted:

Staff writer for The New Yorker. Author of The Looming Tower, Going Clear, and God Save Texas. Screenwriter, playwright, keyboard player for Austin band WhoDo.
https://twitter.com/lawrence_wright/status/1625225014978002944

lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

StashAugustine posted:

I mean technically correct but it's not really top of the priority list here

Idk the dehumanization of the Israeli populace is a pretty important component of the ongoing repression of the Palestinian people. I personally wouldn't drop that line without further explanation but it's not only correct but it is very important and I feel a useful idea in looking at other western cultures.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you will think this is a bit, but I assure you it is not a bit.

https://twitter.com/thuleanrevenant/status/1624819474326245376

https://twitter.com/thuleanrevenant/status/1624929897297907712

https://twitter.com/thuleanrevenant/status/1625096455559213056

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
All three of those characters are absolutely miserable.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
i'm sorry, the dude who has a mental breakdown staring into a mirror because he can't rape babies despite seeing a picture of him raping a baby is a Chad now?

edit: or was it a picture of eating a baby? I just know it was pointlessly edgy like the rest of the comic

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Wow, is that the father of Spider, human friend of Jake and Neytiri's children???

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i'm sorry, the dude who has a mental breakdown staring into a mirror because he can't rape babies despite seeing a picture of him raping a baby is a Chad now?

edit: or was it a picture of eating a baby? I just know it was pointlessly edgy like the rest of the comic

His genetic clone sent him pictures of him doing hosed up poo poo while dressed as Homelander to make Homelander think he'd lost his mind (I think?). Like a lot of stuff by Garth Ennis I started off liking The Boys and by the end I was absolutely sick of its poo poo.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

All of these besides maybe Quarritch are popular performances, used in memes, etc. but "people want to emulate them" and "women love them"? There are dozens of examples of sociopathic white guys he could have picked and it's not any of these ones lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bateman is specifically a huge loser who's probably hallucinating everything other than his pointless boring life

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/gabagoolmarx/status/1624908357499748352

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

mama mia

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I refuse to acknowledge any word in that sentence.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

christmas boots posted:

That's anti Italian American discrimination.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

christmas boots posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1625347367414165504?s=20