Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Leave posted:

Is it a cow god? Or like, absolutely human?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFFDWsUuYPU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Leave posted:

Is it a cow god? Or like, absolutely human?

To err is human, to forgive bovine

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
A cow once saved me at the last moment from getting hit by a semi. It was bovine intervention.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sick of Applebees posted:

To err is human, to forgive bovine

lol

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/FlorioGina/status/1625541838026293255

https://twitter.com/SCuser99/status/1625491333141123074
https://twitter.com/SCuser99/status/1625547223751704576
https://twitter.com/SCuser99/status/1625546398035853336
https://twitter.com/SCuser99/status/1625545702133710870

https://twitter.com/1stPrinciples4L/status/1625514927959187457

https://twitter.com/_Jrlh_/status/1625507727584686084

:barf: :fuckoff:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A lot of people treat having children like some people treat harry potter and disney and it's not really any less loving weird tbh.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

https://twitter.com/ddurano90/status/1625539265382825999

Congrats to the Netherlands I guess

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's actually because they have small polders on the soles of their feet to reclaim extra height and the entire country is flat as a pancake so they look bigger by comparison because there are no tall geographies to compare them to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Dutch are all seven feet tall but it looks like they're six feet because one foot of that is below sea level

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Dutch are actually average height. The misconception that they are tall came about because figures are stated in Flemish feet, which are shorter than English feet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Not fair, they have centuries to grow, the rest of us but decades

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Dutch look taller because they are closer to the observer

Also they are blue shifted

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh my god it's like the Obama quote about him being invincible but it's the Dutch, they're hundreds years old and indestructible due to their dairy consumption.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
The Dutch are actually Tolkien's inspiration for the Ents. They're tall, drink their special juice, and can't find their wives anywhere.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"I wake up at 6 AM"

OK, is this an American thing that has spread to the rest of the world (hell, I have seen people who wake up at 5 AM). Whenever I wake up at 6AM I stay in bed for over an hour or more. Yes, I admit I live fairly close to my workplace but there are people who do WFH with this schedule. Why the hell would anyone wake up at 6AM if they didn't absolutely need to? And what time do they go to bed? 10 PM?

EDIT: More to the point, what really bugs me is how these anti-childless people go "If you don't have children, you will have no one to take care of you in your old age!" I would rather die alone than burden anyone with taking care of me and bringing more people to this dying planet to do so is a loving crime.

AceOfFlames has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Feb 14, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
lol at stopping it there

I mean it's incredibly cringe but 6am isn't the cringe part.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

5 in the morning is a nice time to wake up, though it sucks if you have to work 8 hours cos you can't do much else.

But in isolation it's very nice, have breakfast outside in the dawn.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

AceOfFlames posted:

"I wake up at 6 AM"

OK, is this an American thing that has spread to the rest of the world (hell, I have seen people who wake up at 5 AM). Whenever I wake up at 6AM I stay in bed for over an hour or more. Yes, I admit I live fairly close to my workplace but there are people who do WFH with this schedule. Why the hell would anyone wake up at 6AM if they didn't absolutely need to? And what time do they go to bed? 10 PM?

Yes, I actually do.
And yes I WFH.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WFH honestly is a better reason to do it IMO if you can log on early and get your day done sooner, the biggest argument against it is when you have to stick to everyone else's timeframe and you end up with slivers of free time either side of a big work block.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If you live in the suburban hellscape you have to get up earlier just to have time for breakfast and coffee and the shower etc, even more so if you have to take godawful suburban transit to get to work, assuming a 9-5 or similar.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I get up at 5AM so I can have time overlap with the other devs who are in Poland and India

Then I end up working till 10PM because poo poo is exploding and all the stateside/west coast devs need to keep working on it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I wake up at 4 and run for an hour+ before the day gets too hot and everything else in life gets in the way of being able to dedicate that sort of time to running. Eating your second breakfast before others have even managed to have a sip of coffee is the pinnacle of living imo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So are you Merry or Pippin

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I get up at 5 AM because I have to get to work early. It's really nice during my morning walk, and I always think to myself, gosh I would really like to get up and enjoy all this without the obligation of work. But I never do; gently caress that sleep longer

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

More to the point, what really bugs me is how these anti-childless people go "If you don't have children, you will have no one to take care of you in your old age!" I would rather die alone than burden anyone with taking care of me and bringing more people to this dying planet to do so is a loving crime.

As someone who is taking care of his dying father right now, no the gently caress you don't want to die alone and not be a burden. I can kick him in some hospice and let him die alone, or he can spend his last moments first with his family, and then on copious amounts of drugs.

I mean, I agree with not having children if you don't want them, I don't and won't, but dying alone sucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AceOfFlames posted:

"I wake up at 6 AM"

What the gently caress are you talking about? waking up at 6 am isn't an American thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Gervasius posted:

As someone who is taking care of his dying father right now, no the gently caress you don't want to die alone and not be a burden. I can kick him in some hospice and let him die alone, or he can spend his last moments first with his family, and then on copious amounts of drugs.

I mean, I agree with not having children if you don't want them, I don't and won't, but dying alone sucks.
These people are not just talking about the final days. They literally want to have kids so the kids will take care of them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And they honestly seem to believe that if they don't repopulate the earth all humans will die within a generation.

Like they are seriously worried lest there not be enough people

(bet there's a missing word in there before "people")

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

..What? "Let me guess: they were either white, or a different race entirely? :smug:"

AceOfFlames posted:

"I wake up at 6 AM"

If it was up to me, I could sleep until 11 AM every day.

To be fair, I'm clinically depressed. :ohdear:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe airports used to seem nicer because people weren't stuck in layers of invasive security theater to spend a whole lot to be crammed in the smallest seats possible.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I wake up at 2 am every day

:smug:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

"I wake up at 6 AM"

People who go on about how great it is to wake up early are like vegans, in that as soon as someone voices a contrary opinion they won’t shut the gently caress up about how good the early morning is.

I loving hate mornings. The only reason I tolerate 9-5 rather than working 11-7 is that so much of the world assumes that everyone’s on the same schedule, so things like band rehearsals usually start at 7.

I know from spending chunks of time not working that my natural rhythm is to wake up at 10 and sleep at 2, and I’m not fully awake or able to focus until after midday.

5am is the time when you get in from a late night out, not for waking up.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Waking up to some early riser discourse. This website is ruined.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
When I had a work schedule that required it, driving across the city at 4am was a nice experience. No traffic, everything quiet, sometimes just the first rays of sunlight casting their glow on the world.

However, it should be noted that I was driving home from work. That probably had a lot to do with it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Don't have to wake up if you never sleep :stare::coffee:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Splicer posted:

Don't have to wake up if you never sleep :stare::coffee:

This is a little too real today as I'm wrapping up the on-call shift from hell.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I love waking up early and getting a poo poo ton of stuff done before everyone is even up. I also love staying up way after everyone else goes to sleep so I can enjoy my peace and quiet and just kick back and relax. I don't sleep. It's the worst of both worlds and existence is suffering

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DigitalRaven posted:

People who go on about how great it is to wake up early are like vegans, in that as soon as someone voices a contrary opinion they won’t shut the gently caress up about how good the early morning is.

I loving hate mornings. The only reason I tolerate 9-5 rather than working 11-7 is that so much of the world assumes that everyone’s on the same schedule, so things like band rehearsals usually start at 7.

I know from spending chunks of time not working that my natural rhythm is to wake up at 10 and sleep at 2, and I’m not fully awake or able to focus until after midday.

5am is the time when you get in from a late night out, not for waking up.

Early risers loving love to assume that everyone else is lazier than them, regardless of other sleep rhythms existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? waking up at 6 am isn't an American thing.
I'ts not exclusively american, but it is stupid. Best work hours are like 11-19 or so; so you can enjoy your evening still and also sleep in a bit.
One day I will find myself a job that allows me that rythm, and until that day I will wake up the latest I can to still be working in time.