Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

Hm, might just do the row then. Already have a kitchen (it's dumb, sorry), and my Farming is at 93. Specifically 1.05bn XP points.

Or does buying the Storehouse +2 boost also give me Farming XP

It does not. Buying new components (a crop row counting as one) gives XP; upgrading existing components does not. The Kitchen is the weird asterisk there, as it shows up under Farmhouse but is considered a distinct component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Barreft posted:

I'm addicted and will take anything you can send me. @Farmhausen

Empty your mailbox regularly, or be cursed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thank you MarcusSA for ensuring I’m getting my daily recommended intake of vitamin C

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: today's 17bn boost got me to a maxed out orchard. 3500 each at t100 right? I'm not missing some boost somewhere?

Tomorrow it's back to the salt and frozen peas mine. I actually have enough to go to 101.

What are people's sawmills/quarry/steel production at for this level?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

:toot: today's 17bn boost got me to a maxed out orchard. 3500 each at t100 right? I'm not missing some boost somewhere?

Tomorrow it's back to the salt and frozen peas mine. I actually have enough to go to 101.

What are people's sawmills/quarry/steel production at for this level?

Yeah the next level is at T110

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

delfin posted:

Empty your mailbox regularly, or be cursed.

I was just gonna make a post asking for friends again lol, thanks!

Getting through these Story Quests

@Farmhausen

e:
drat, 'Parts Unknown XV' Needs 150mil off. time to do 'Islands Are Hard To Catch V'

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 15, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I future-proofed my Orchard a bit today; at current inventory increase rates, I should be good to go for the next three months before I'd need to buy Orchard Land V.

Hit Tower 40 today with Inferno Sphere silver. I'm out of AKs, so the trick is going to be figuring out what makes sense to try to master next. Most of the lowest-hanging fruit are covered, and Spiral Shell, Glass Orb, Glassback, Mackerel, Serpent Eel, Glass Bottle and Ruby Coral are all that's left over 70k.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

is every fishing spot after the crystal river gonna be fast like that because i literally can't get anything no matter how fast i spam my mouse button it doesnt register anything

is the 7 1000 streak thing even worth it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

250 Broccoli for Islands Are Hard To Catch VII. drat, farm grind time

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Proletarian Mango posted:

is every fishing spot after the crystal river gonna be fast like that because i literally can't get anything no matter how fast i spam my mouse button it doesnt register anything

manual fishing is so much easier on your phone. i dunno if i'm gonna get that merit badge ever because it still sucks, but it's way more tolerable on a small touchscreen

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Twine's by far my biggest bottleneck besides wood. 121 straw/10 min and still never enough.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Which zone gives the most fish bones? I just need ~130ish to never have to make a god drat card again

And I guess to get to the free-ish sea dragons for Wall In The Way 1.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

widespread posted:

Which zone gives the most fish bones? I just need ~130ish to never have to make a god drat card again

And I guess to get to the free-ish sea dragons for Wall In The Way 1.

Small pond

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fish bones are also in the Soap shop right now, if you have raptors.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Crystal river surprised me with the speed change and the ones only go halfway, but it's a billion times easier on my phone. ios at least anyway.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The fast fishing is even worse on my $20 Walmart phone unfortunately

Cracked screen too

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I try to not read ahead on the quests, but got yet another main quest that needs 10x Cutlass. So looking it up, you need a minimum of 8,400 drat spiders to cover all of the exchange center trades for all of the cutlasses you need.

Worst part of it?

You can craft swords. :negative:

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I like to think the quests are asking for prop cultlesses. Since you can turn them into rubber dukies.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

1000 streak is only for the 100% fishing XP bonus, as far as I know. The merit badge is 7x10k :)

During Christmas there was a bonus where you'd catch 3-5 fish per manual fishing, and those all count towards the streak. I got 3 to 10k, and another couple a good part of the way there. I haven't touched manual fishing since then, outside of daily chores.

But outside of that no, it's not really worth it. Fishing is probably the easiest skill to get to level 99 anyway. If you haven't already, you'll soon unlock mealworms in the worm habitat, and those are just click to catch.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Sell your lava spheres today

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Could someone send me some milk? Used all mine making butter for pies. A mailboxful is all I need.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hit T199 yesterday. Not too bad, actually - working on masteries the last month paid off.

Barreft posted:

Twine's by far my biggest bottleneck besides wood. 121 straw/10 min and still never enough.

4,000 straw / 10 min here

It’s still sometimes not enough

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

koshmar posted:

Could someone send me some milk? Used all mine making butter for pies. A mailboxful is all I need.

I got you

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ruggan posted:

I got you

Much thanks!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sure would be nice if there was a source for cyclops spiders besides one pet. No, tower 129 doesn't count.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sure would be nice if there was a source for cyclops spiders besides one pet. No, tower 129 doesn't count.

The silver lining is that you will need cyclops spiders only twice. The first time, you only need ten, and by upgrading the pet at that point you will have far more than enough of them when you need a larger quantity later.

Jhet posted:

I try to not read ahead on the quests, but got yet another main quest that needs 10x Cutlass. So looking it up, you need a minimum of 8,400 drat spiders to cover all of the exchange center trades for all of the cutlasses you need.

Good news: You will run into a small handful of quests with Cutlass requests, and then none for a long while.

Bad news: That last one, far in your future, wants 50 of them. I'm just now starting the slog towards building that up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

Bad news: That last one, far in your future, wants 50 of them. I'm just now starting the slog towards building that up.

You can also get 100 from a quest reward roughly around the same time you need those 50.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'll quibble on that. I'm plodding through early Strange Companions now; herb and honey jail have me at least a month away from reaching Far Away, and inventory size jail will delay me a bit further in starting it.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

delfin posted:

I'll quibble on that. I'm plodding through early Strange Companions now; herb and honey jail have me at least a month away from reaching Far Away, and inventory size jail will delay me a bit further in starting it.

I'm on Strange Companions V and the thing that stopped me was Gold Peas. So it sits while I wait for the pet income for them. Plenty of other quests to do, but those were easy up until that point for some reason. Maybe just the timing of where I was.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Jhet posted:

I'm on Strange Companions V and the thing that stopped me was Gold Peas. So it sits while I wait for the pet income for them. Plenty of other quests to do, but those were easy up until that point for some reason. Maybe just the timing of where I was.

Gold peas, I'm all right with -- I have the 1000 for A Way Back 27 and the 400 for SC V on hand.

But A Way Back already leeched me for 1050 Herbs, and now wants 1000 more for 26, which are going to take quite a while to farm. AWB 27 wants 1000 Honey among other things, and I'm about a month away from that, though some of that time is dual-purposed for herb-hunting. Far Away in general requires 2000 max inventory space, and that's a month away for me. Strange Companions will also want Herbs and Honey, so it's really an either/or where I sit for a month and wait for AWB/Far Away to be achievable or I go after the one with the lower entry barrier in the meantime.

There's no reason to actually want the second Mystical Staff from Hold the Line if I have the one already, right? Seems like a waste of Gold Feathers.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

delfin posted:

Gold peas, I'm all right with -- I have the 1000 for A Way Back 27 and the 400 for SC V on hand.

But A Way Back already leeched me for 1050 Herbs, and now wants 1000 more for 26, which are going to take quite a while to farm. AWB 27 wants 1000 Honey among other things, and I'm about a month away from that, though some of that time is dual-purposed for herb-hunting. Far Away in general requires 2000 max inventory space, and that's a month away for me. Strange Companions will also want Herbs and Honey, so it's really an either/or where I sit for a month and wait for AWB/Far Away to be achievable or I go after the one with the lower entry barrier in the meantime.

There's no reason to actually want the second Mystical Staff from Hold the Line if I have the one already, right? Seems like a waste of Gold Feathers.

I still have to unlock the Tower as well, so I just assume most things will be needed in quantities of 500-600 at a time. That's stalled at waiting on Herbs too. Honey seems to stay ahead, but I expect it to also be a waiting point. Owl just gets to sit at lvl 5 until I get another source, but exploring is being a drag. All the stamina needs to go to the low level zones for these quests (cutlasses), but they give very little XP compared to WC. You seem to plan out much better than I do, but it works for me, I just wish that there were fewer unused items or a way to donate from the item detail page. Voiding stuff does not make for good feels.

Lurking Loach
Feb 13, 2023

In the weeds, watching you post
I'm a sucker for farming games so obviously my eye was drawn to this thead. "Probably nothing special, looks like it'll just be your standard mobile farm game but I'll give it a shot."

I was wrong, only a day in and I'm completely addicted to fishing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Omg there’s going to be 99 bottles of hops quests isn’t there?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

hambeet posted:

Omg there’s going to be 99 bottles of hops quests isn’t there?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And it only took until XXXVII for that to dawn on me…

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

300mil silver more until I yeet to 99 Farming. And 86mil XP left til I can jizz LNs/APs. Feels fuckin great for some strange reason.

hambeet posted:

And it only took until XXXVII for that to dawn on me…

On the bright side, it'll recoup the resources for each level, and even throw in 500mil silver/50 gold if you stick with it til 99 Crafting/Farming :shepface:

Corn Quandary, conversely, is there to remind you that we will never leave Corn Jail. EVER.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Today was finally the day it was worth buying the last crop row just for the 300Ak merit

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I need a quarry I think. Stone is ridiculous, especially when chasing fancy pipes.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

widespread posted:

300mil silver more until I yeet to 99 Farming. And 86mil XP left til I can jizz LNs/APs. Feels fuckin great for some strange reason.

On the bright side, it'll recoup the resources for each level, and even throw in 500mil silver/50 gold if you stick with it til 99 Crafting/Farming :shepface:

Corn Quandary, conversely, is there to remind you that we will never leave Corn Jail. EVER.

Eventually, you’ll want Corn Oil for crafts too. It never ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I'm also a Grand Master at shrooms. loving paste needed to raise crafting and money.