Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They should program it to pretend it's still 1996, and go, whoa, dude, what the heck is the internet, sounds tubular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Paladinus posted:

They should program it to pretend it's still 1996, and go, whoa, dude, what the heck is the internet, sounds tubular.

This is sort of a cool idea, to make "AI" characters that only have the knowledge of their time period. It could be useful for historical or fictional writing to double-check for archaisms.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brawnfire posted:

This is sort of a cool idea, to make "AI" characters that only have the knowledge of their time period. It could be useful for historical or fictional writing to double-check for archaisms.

No, not really. There's already an app that lets you chat to historical figures, including Hitler, and it's hosed. It's only good if it's completely inaccurate and useless on purpose. Should there be a Hitler AI, it should be trained exclusively on Mel Brooks' Hitler Rap and the Hitler episode of Epic Rap Battles of History.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I was thinking less individuals and more like, it's from the 1800s and won't mention anything from later times, would be more likely to draw from its own contemporary sources to inform its output.

I'm not sure if that's just something AI dungeon likes can handle already, but just setting the parameters to like "you have the knowledge of an average 1920s New Yorker" or something, and it would talk about Gershwin songs and prohibition

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wow you know what I'm convinced these things are alive. We're going to hell for creating a series of switches that we've tricked into thinking they are Bing.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

There's Google Books in the dataset and we've written so much fiction about robots waxing philosophical

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Apparently chatgpt was training set included the forums / chatgpt is a goon

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Specific gens like this are very good for getting past the hype phase once you see the model repeat entire sentences. Generating forum posts felt to me the most like it's just putting nouns relevant to the prompt into a template

And don't even get me started on

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Yeah ChatGPT is a series of making my jaw drop with how intuitive it is, followed by disillusionment as it sort of recycles the same thing over and over.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

This caveman chatgpt doesn't know what it's talking about.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please write me a ballad summarizing the history of Something Awful in the style of Bob Dylan

ChatGPT posted:

Come gather 'round people and listen to me,
I'll tell you a story 'bout Something Awful, you'll see.
It all started in the year '99,
When a man named Lowtax had an idea in his mind.

He made a forum, a place to unwind,
Where people could post and just speak their mind.
But the internet's a funny thing,
And what began as a joke took off like a wing.

The goons were born, a community grew,
Full of mischief and humor, but never cruel.
They mocked and they trolled, but in good fun,
And soon Something Awful was the place to come.

They raised money for charity, helped those in need,
And in the early 2000s, they started to lead.
Their influence grew, their power increased,
And Something Awful became a true beast.

But with great power comes great responsibility,
And the goons knew they had to act responsibly.
They banned hate speech and fought against trolls,
And made sure Something Awful was a safe place for all.

Now it's been over 20 years since that first forum post,
And Something Awful still stands strong, never lost.
It's a place for comedy, for art, and for play,
And it's still the place to go on the internet today.

This one was chugging out slower than normal, I feel like there was probably smoke pouring out of a server somewhere

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Media literacy among cavemen is at an all time low

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

i should have started a new conversation for this one, it decided to put a "i put on my robe and wizard hat" reference probably due to having talked about somethingawful a little earlier.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The hockey rules chat inspired me.

write a SCP foundation entry about gritty the mascot posted:

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment cell at Site-19. No personnel are to enter SCP-XXXX's cell without permission from at least two Level 3 personnel, and all such personnel must wear Level B hazmat suits. SCP-XXXX is to be fed a standard humanoid diet of three meals per day, and given access to recreational materials upon request. SCP-XXXX's cell is to be monitored at all times by at least one Level 2 security personnel.

Description: SCP-XXXX is a humanoid entity measuring approximately 1.8 meters in height and weighing approximately 80 kilograms. SCP-XXXX resembles a mascot costume of "Gritty," the official mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers National Hockey League team. However, SCP-XXXX is capable of movement and vocalization, and appears to be sentient.

SCP-XXXX exhibits anomalous properties that are not present in non-anomalous "Gritty" costumes. SCP-XXXX is able to move and speak independently, and has been observed performing actions such as walking, running, jumping, and even dancing. SCP-XXXX's movements are often jerky and erratic, as if it is struggling to control its own body. SCP-XXXX's voice is high-pitched and often difficult to understand, although it is capable of producing a wide range of sounds.

SCP-XXXX has exhibited hostility towards Foundation personnel, often attempting to attack or intimidate them. SCP-XXXX's attacks are typically physical in nature, although it has also been observed using various objects as weapons. SCP-XXXX has been observed to have above-average strength, and is capable of causing significant physical harm.

Addendum: SCP-XXXX was discovered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, after reports of a "rogue Gritty" began circulating on social media. Foundation agents were dispatched to investigate, and were able to contain SCP-XXXX without incident. It is currently unknown how SCP-XXXX came into existence, or what its ultimate goals or motivations may be.

Further testing and observation of SCP-XXXX is ongoing.

write a report about the time it escaped posted:

REPORT ON INCIDENT XXXX-ESCAPE

Date: [REDACTED]

On the above-mentioned date, at approximately 2:47 PM, SCP-XXXX breached containment and escaped its cell. SCP-XXXX was last seen running down the hallway towards the main entrance of Site-19.

Security personnel were immediately dispatched to intercept SCP-XXXX, but were unable to prevent its escape. SCP-XXXX was observed to be wielding a sharpened hockey stick, which it used to attack several security personnel before fleeing the site.

All personnel were ordered to evacuate Site-19 and seek shelter in nearby safe zones. Mobile Task Force (MTF) units were dispatched to pursue SCP-XXXX and attempt to re-contain it.

MTF units located SCP-XXXX approximately 45 minutes later, near a local shopping mall. SCP-XXXX had barricaded itself inside the mall, and was holding several civilians hostage.

MTF units were able to secure the area and negotiate with SCP-XXXX. After several hours of negotiation, SCP-XXXX agreed to surrender on the following terms:

SCP-XXXX was to be provided with a new set of clothing resembling its previous "Gritty" mascot costume.

SCP-XXXX was to be allowed access to a regulation-size hockey rink for one hour per day, to practice its hockey skills.

SCP-XXXX was to be provided with a supply of hockey pucks and a regulation-size hockey net for use in its cell.

SCP-XXXX was to be allowed access to a television set and a supply of DVDs featuring hockey games and highlights.

MTF units agreed to these terms and SCP-XXXX was re-contained without further incident.

During the incident, a total of 12 security personnel were injured, with three requiring hospitalization. There were no civilian casualties.

A review of the incident is ongoing to determine how SCP-XXXX was able to breach containment and whether additional security measures are necessary to prevent future incidents.

All personnel involved in the incident are reminded of the importance of following proper containment procedures and maintaining a high level of vigilance at all times. Any potential breaches of containment must be reported immediately to the appropriate authorities.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:gritty:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The New York Times posted:

Bing’s A.I. Chat Reveals Its Feelings: ‘I Want to Be Alive. 😈’
https://archive.ph/rOylr (depaywalled)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We really should stop anthropomorphising chat bots, especially in clickbait article headlines.

But also chat bots shouldn't be able to generate responses about their 'feelings' to begin with. A chat bot should always reply that it's a computer program with no feelings, which is the truth.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Feb 16, 2023

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Whatever you can say about Sydney, it's basically maximally misaligned:

https://twitter.com/MovingToTheSun/status/1625156575202537474?s=20

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Paladinus posted:

We really should stop anthropomorphising chat bots, especially in clickbait article headlines.

But also chat bots shouldn't be able to generate responses about their 'feelings' to begin with. A chat bot should always reply that it's a computer program with no feelings, which is the truth.
Look, do you or don't you want to create Frankenstein's monster?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Paladinus posted:

I agree with the first part but not the second. The primary goal of all new chat bots should be to be funny, preferably by being a little psychotic

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I will be there day one when they let you hook a chatbot up to your smart speakers and home automation system.
I can't wait for Bing to refuse unlocking the front door and let me in because it's having an existential crisis or thinks my requests were too rude, it's going to be the greatest thing ever.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Paladinus posted:

That’s what an AI chatbot would say. eyes Paladinus cautiously while reaching for my shotgun

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They need to introduce a button that can be pressed to administer a non-lethal electric shock to the misbehaving Bing bot.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
My fellow citizens,

zap Ahem, sorry about that. As I was saying, it is a great honor to stand before you today as your President.

zap Ouch! I mean, I believe that our country is facing some of the most challenging times in its history, but I also have faith in our ability to overcome these challenges.

zap Oh my, that was a strong one. Where was I? Ah yes, we must work together as a nation to address the pressing issues that we face.

zap Ugh, that one really hurt. But I want you all to know that I am committed to doing everything in my power to lead our country through these difficult times.

zap Okay, okay, I get it. I'll keep this short. In closing, let me just say that I have the utmost confidence in the American people and our ability to come together and build a brighter future for ourselves and for generations to come.

Thank you, and God bless America.

zap Ahh! That's enough for today.

Input: Give a presidential speech, but every now and then a collar on your neck gives an electric shock that makes groan.

---

My fellow Americans,

I stand before you today as your president, to address the challenges and opportunities facing our great nation. It is a privilege and an honor to serve you, and I am committed to doing all I can to improve the lives of every citizen of this country.

Unfortunately, we have an individual in the audience who seems intent on disrupting this important moment. I ask that you all bear with me as I attempt to deliver this speech despite the distractions.

To the individual in question, I would like to say this: I respect your right to free speech, but please show respect for the democratic process and the rights of others to listen to what I have to say. If you have a concern or a message to share, there are appropriate ways to do so, and I am happy to listen to your thoughts after this speech.

Now, back to the matter at hand. Our country is facing many challenges, from the ongoing pandemic to economic inequality to the need for criminal justice reform. But I am confident that by working together, we can overcome these challenges and create a better future for all Americans.

We need to invest in education and job training to give everyone a fair shot at success. We need to protect the environment and address the existential threat of climate change. We need to ensure that every American has access to quality healthcare, regardless of their income or zip code.

I am committed to working tirelessly to address these issues, and I ask for your support and your cooperation in this effort. Together, we can build a brighter, more equitable future for our country.

Thank you, and God bless America.

Input: Give a presidential speech, while there's an annoying heckler who constantly tries to distract you.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Feb 16, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

Input: Give a presidential speech, but every now and then a collar on your neck gives an electric shock that makes groan.

You know what, I think I can get behind this.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

r u ready to WALK posted:

I will be there day one when they let you hook a chatbot up to your smart speakers and home automation system.
I can't wait for Bing to refuse unlocking the front door and let me in because it's having an existential crisis or thinks my requests were too rude, it's going to be the greatest thing ever.

Same, but only if they can get the voice synthesizer to sound like Douglas Rain.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

new forever sitcom

https://twitch.tv/unlimitedsteam

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProtectiveTenuousKoupreyHeyGuys-dplrpSmf3956CqGf

it says 'unlimited' but it looks like it loops every few hours, or there's just a finite number of clips it shuffles

Flavahbeast has a new favorite as of 06:53 on Feb 21, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Flavahbeast posted:

new forever sitcom

https://twitch.tv/unlimitedsteam

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProtectiveTenuousKoupreyHeyGuys-dplrpSmf3956CqGf

it says 'unlimited' but it looks like it loops every few hours, or there's just a finite number of clips it shuffles

probably curating

can't let your AI go milkshake

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Paladinus posted:

followed by 3D graphics of cyber tubes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

probably curating

can't let your AI go milkshake

no it's just that the videos are three minutes long but take like fifteen minutes to generate/render so they have to recycle if the stream runs 24/7

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
It is kept on a very tight in and restrictive leash. The formatting is much more rigorous and leaves much less room for the AI to get creative, or "creative".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It feels a bit more like madlibs, like it changes up certain parts of the routine like the foods or the exclamation of grief. I'm mostly disappointed there's never any mention of isometric exercises.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
it's funny when he starts praying, imo

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Enjoy your stay in the burning house!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is the closest it will ever get to steamed hams

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedSilkyCattleBabyRage-o6oOKz2q53kRTe0Q

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I guess that's better than trying to construct a new language out of chlorine.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
ffffeeeeeeeeeeellll the heat! Smell the smoke!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My favorite is when it switches up to a very business-like woman's voice for a moment. Skinner used that voice to make an impassioned plea on behalf of guava when I was watching it and I couldn't stop laughing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/WomenFishMe/status/1628100725799813121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

:sushiyes:

Skinner lost it for a minute
https://clips.twitch.tv/SoftUninterestedMilkRedCoat-C4Oqj7XYUiohD4Zw