Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1623762366700883968?t=mFAL3cqDOwgFbxQGJHQSIA&s=19

What year is it?

Big if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
jungle inferno came out in 2017 ffs

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wonder if "items" means "weapons" or if it means "hats"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Countblanc posted:

wonder if "items" means "weapons" or if it means "hats"

I was going to say that I find it very suspicious that they said that previous summer updates have had "items" and this update will also have "items." It draws a pretty clear equivalence between the items we've been getting and the items we're about to get.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
it's fun to dream about a heavy update

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You already got the banana, what else do you expect?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Baron von Eevl posted:

You already got the banana, what else do you expect?

i want to dual wield bananas

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Just imagine, they may finally finish the bi-monthly comic.

Hell, if they go whole hog and release an animated short, I'll buy every item in the store.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

khwarezm posted:

Just imagine, they may finally finish the bi-monthly comic.

Hell, if they go whole hog and release an animated short, I'll buy every item in the store.

If they do that, I'll buy a key and open a crate. Not even one of the good ones either. I'm talking about one of those lovely Summer ones that actually look like cheap coolers.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Holy crap. The news actually made me rise from my grave and log in.

A Team Fortress 2 update. What a time to be alive.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

if "items" includes weapons, I'm looking forward to the reaction to how bad/op/buggy they are.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my brain: hopefully some of the new maps are alright

my heart: dispenser backpack dispenser backpack dispenser backpack

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Alright goons, many moons ago I co-created a Team Fortress 2 cosmetic. I was thinking of revisiting it and updating it.

This is it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79390152

Tell me how dogshit it is and how I can improve it.

Edit: It's a homemade medal for the soldier that uses a scrap of fabric and bottle cap. And a safety pin.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 10, 2023

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Alright goons, many moons ago I co-created a Team Fortress 2 cosmetic. I was thinking of revisiting it and updating it.

This is it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=79390152

Tell me how dogshit it is and how I can improve it.

Edit: It's a homemade medal for the soldier that uses a scrap of fabric and bottle cap. And a safety pin.

Excuse me. That is the opposite of dogshit and my only feedback is to make the outline of it contrast better against the blu/red hue so that it's more noticeable..

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

Excuse me. That is the opposite of dogshit and my only feedback is to make the outline of it contrast better against the blu/red hue so that it's more noticeable..

Um, how dare you you validate my efforts and provide nice feedback. I hope you are proud of yourself.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Vaah posted:

if "items" includes weapons, I'm looking forward to the reaction to how bad/op/buggy they are.

lol, lmao even, i would go so far as to rofl

the update is going to be putting in some workshop items and community maps

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Countblanc posted:

my heart: dispenser backpack dispenser backpack dispenser backpack

I always wanted to make a heavy melee that was gloves from dispenser pieces called the pootis puncher

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

scorch shot nerf

that is all

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm just hoping for a heavy primary that enables fat scout

E:

The Empty Hands
+300% move speed
-cannot be equipped or used; does nothing
Turns out you can run a lot faster when you're not lugging 450kg of gunwife around

Dabir fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 10, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I recently started playing tf2 again after a couple years of watching my partner play and having a sensible chuckle at how easy and fun he makes it look, but holy hell do I have a lot of layers of rust to chip off. I'm not sure if I was ever actually good at demoman or if people just waddled into stickies and rollers way more back in the day. I'm excited for the update!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Dabir posted:

I'm just hoping for a heavy primary that enables fat scout

E:

The Empty Hands
+300% move speed
-cannot be equipped or used; does nothing
Turns out you can run a lot faster when you're not lugging 450kg of gunwife around

Sure, but why do this when you instead can give heavy an Inflatable Balloon Minigun that is incapable of firing, with the same stats - BUT, if he pulls it out and presses fire he just makes his RA-TA-TA-TA-TA / POW noise.

With balloon squeaking noises, of course.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t played tf2 in a almost a decade because I haven’t had a computer. Got a steam deck today and this happens. You’re welcome.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still play TF2 every week (it is genuinely in a fine spot right now for casual - not nearly as bad as it used to be) and this news makes me even happier.

would love full on BIG updates again.

Bring back the axentinguisher, rd_asteroid and cactus_canyon!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tf2 remains one of the best multiplayer games ever made.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

So I haven't properly played since 2015, and upon jumping back into my account I find myself missing a bunch of weapons. Like, basic 'achievement' weapons., the first round of sidegrades that were released - and they don't really have recipes.

With the changes to trading, is it going to be hard for me to find a bot to get me stuff like a Frontier Justice, etc?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

You can use scrap.tf to fill out weapons at cost, but apparently everything else is really expensive.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

+ another vouch for https://www.scrap.tf for your weapon needs

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Updates are welcome, but they need to fix the bots. Teams are getting better at kicking them, but I see 1-3 every round.

There are some engineer sentry glitches they should fix too. Saw one on Nucleus where engineer locked down enemy base. They went to the middle then out onto those platforms. Built TP out of bounds.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
What was the last cosmetic Valve created in-house?

Warpy
May 24, 2003

"KABOOOOM!"

8 Ball posted:

What was the last cosmetic Valve created in-house?

the model for crates

it'd be nice if they could hire at least a single person to go and manually ban the bot hosters that have had the same bots that pretty much queue 24/7 cheating/spamming in casual tf2 servers and have been doing so for the past few weeks

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I've been playing on Uncletopia and enjoying the bot-free experience there, I thought I'd miss crits and stuff but there's so many different weapons and ways to be instantly killed by them now that it feels about the same. They oughta clean up the bots but at least there's options for players!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Trying out new maps in the TF2Maps.net server is fun, too, when there are a bunch of people

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Do valve take submissions for warpaints? Workshop style? I have this dumb itch to try and submit something for the update, but I can't model to save my life.

Edit: They sure do https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266086981

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 13, 2023

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Happy 15th birthday cp_badlands

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I remember playing badlands for the first time on, probably Atlantis, and thinking, wow this map is huge

I don't think mega sized payload maps came until much later

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LMAO they changed the blog post to make the update sound less exciting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ariong posted:

LMAO they changed the blog post to make the update sound less exciting.

lmfao

quote:

a full-on holiday-sized update

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It does say "community-contributed fixes", which could be exciting.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

A large update the size of a small update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Hempuli posted:

A large update the size of a small update