Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's been ten years since Injustice?? :stare: That can't be real. That's not a real concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Jon meeting Injustice Supes sounds like it could be fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Isn’t injustice universe in a pretty chill place right now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think they're making an injustice 3 so probably not for long

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Wow I hate that cover art. Why’s he doing the Dreamworks face?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn’t injustice universe in a pretty chill place right now
Canonically Injustice 2 ends with

Supes beating Brainiac and taking control of their Brainship, imprisoning Supergirl in a Red Sun room, and forcing Brainiac Mind Control bots onto Bats and the other resistance members.

So I guess you can say it's chill.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought the "canon ending" was the other one but I suppose that would leave less for Jon to do

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh I was talking about the comics. I thought it ended with the non Superman heroes fighting something in space years after Superman was a thing

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The article says it takes place around the second game as that's the period where everyone he wants in the story is alive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh, that’s pretty funny considering he wrote the comic

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You have to be kidding me with the Knightsend ending. What a wet fart

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

You have to be kidding me with the Knightsend ending. What a wet fart

Partly to blame was they were trying to get everything ready for Zero Hour, the "oh yeah, the OTHER time the DC universe was rebuilt" event. The rest was it just wasn't very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Partly to blame was they were trying to get everything ready for Zero Hour, the "oh yeah, the OTHER time the DC universe was rebuilt" event. The rest was it just wasn't very good.

"Pobodies Nerfect," says batman while shrugging.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean Jean doesn’t really do anything unforgivable to warrant much of a backlash

Outside some tedious monologuing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ar the end of knightsend batman still believes Jean killed Abbatoir.

Edit: it is funny Jean killed abbatoir in a similar way to how batman killed some villains in the past.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Ar the end of knightsend batman still believes Jean killed Abbatoir.

Edit: it is funny Jean killed abbatoir in a similar way to how batman killed some villains in the past.

And Batman decides not to punish Jean because he was the one who made Jean Batman! So that's nice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think it had more to do with JPV thinking the hostage Abattoir had buried was already dead but wasn't. Or something like that. It had been a while. Anyway JPV clearly became extremely unhinged. It's been a while since I read Knightsend and I just remember the ending being "maybe there was too much pressure on you. My bad" The end.

You going to read any more 90s Batman? You're getting close to the Moench/Jones run.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

And Batman decides not to punish Jean because he was the one who made Jean Batman! So that's nice.

I'm more annoyed that he let Jean wonder off instead of having closer supervision or training. Like what lead to knightfall was batman making mistake after mistake and now this feels like another mistake.

Madkal posted:

I think it had more to do with JPV thinking the hostage Abattoir had buried was already dead but wasn't. Or something like that. It had been a while. Anyway JPV clearly became extremely unhinged. It's been a while since I read Knightsend and I just remember the ending being "maybe there was too much pressure on you. My bad" The end.

You going to read any more 90s Batman? You're getting close to the Moench/Jones run.

Of course. I've read everything to this point. Why would I stop at mid 1994? I only have 29 years more of books. The more annoying part is all of the Batman family books now. Outsiders, nightwing. Birds of prey, Batgirl, robin, 3 to 4 Batman series. Not including minis. It is a lot.

I've been debating going back and reading teen Titans for how intergal it is to nightwing. Same with young justice coming up. I might skip those and come back to do those next.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 8, 2023

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Canonically Injustice 2 ends with

Supes beating Brainiac and taking control of their Brainship, imprisoning Supergirl in a Red Sun room, and forcing Brainiac Mind Control bots onto Bats and the other resistance members.

So I guess you can say it's chill.

If I had a nickel for every time this universe was in the shitter and had to be bailed out by Superman from the main DCU...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Man I just love the entire Batman White Knight timeline.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

Man I just love the entire Batman White Knight timeline.

It definitely has a charm to it that other modified takes on the DCAU sometimes lack. Though I think it may be starting to over extend itself with what's being planned.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just remember the original Batman: White Knight being all Joker Rulez Batman Droolz. Are the sequels better?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
wow I just read 52 for the first time and that blew all my expectations out of the water. I’d read Gotham Central and O’Neil’s Question run right before so obviously loved that storyline. Everything with Ralph Dibny was fantastic too

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
There never being a Dibny Ghost Detective spinoff was such a wasted opportunity.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
between seven soldiers, animal man, and 52 i think i'm set to start final crisis. any other recommended storylines before reading?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

srypher posted:

between seven soldiers, animal man, and 52 i think i'm set to start final crisis. any other recommended storylines before reading?

Maybe Rock of Ages from the JLA run.

Do not read Countdown or Death of the New Gods; both are bad and both will make you less prepared.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If you wanna get loving weird with it, DC One Million and Grant Morrison's Batman

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Iirc DoNg was like a game of telephone that started with a rough outline of where Morrison would start FC and it was up to DONG to set it up and ended up being complete fanwank poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Read whatever issues had a roided up Superboy Prime fighting in some arena combat poo poo, with wonderful lines like "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH"!!!!

Who caused that? Captain Atom but like wearing some containment armor or something?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Jiro posted:

Read whatever issues had a roided up Superboy Prime fighting in some arena combat poo poo, with wonderful lines like "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH"!!!!

Who caused that? Captain Atom but like wearing some containment armor or something?

Sounds like that might be Countdown Arena? Some of the countdown stuff sounds incredibly shlocky so I'm kind of here for it. Superboy-Prime was also really fun in Sinestro Corps War

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe read the good comics first and then if you feel like it go back later for the bad ones like anything countdown related.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
But Countdown gave us BSS's favorite character of 2007, the sensational Forerunner! How could it be bad?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

srypher posted:

Just jump into Final Crisis. The series is its own thing and more of an esleworlds story.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mr Hootington posted:

The series is its own thing
The entire DCU reuses Morrison's DC Multiverse Cosmological map constantly.

It absolutely affected things, but not in the way that was intended.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

But Countdown is 52 done right! Didio wouldn't lie. Would he?

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Darth Nat posted:

But Countdown gave us BSS's favorite character of 2007, the sensational Forerunner! How could it be bad?

Not to mention the character Forerunner narrowly beat to that title, the Jokester!

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
And also Jimmy Olsen dating a bug!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

An Taoiseach posted:

Not to mention the character Forerunner narrowly beat to that title, the Jokester!

RIP :(

He was the Joker, but nice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

srypher posted:

Just make sure however you read Final Crisis the two issues of Superman Beyond 3D whatever is in there too, otherwise the ending will make absolutely no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Madkal posted:

Just make sure however you read Final Crisis the two issues of Superman Beyond 3D whatever is in there too, otherwise the ending will make absolutely no sense.

They should be in any recent trade, it was only the earliest versions that just had the main FC issues, right?

My recommendation, though it's not vital as I read them after I read Final Crisis myself, but classic Kirby Fourth World is probably a good call.