Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

other way around, I goatse'd someone via PM. or well, two people. one was a notorious troll of old with the initials TF and the other I think was someone who sent me a PM with the text "you are more smoothbrained than cinci zoo sniper"

and then they complained via report that it was very unprofessional of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

Someone tell me disliking dark souls 2 isn't a symptom of modbrain

I need someone to tell me I'm gonna be okay

you're ok, future mini-mod of uspol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dark Souls are terrible games but Im glad people enjoy them so much.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Video games are for children

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i bounced off of the first one after multiple tries to get on its level

i didn't feel hard or oppressive or mysterious like people said, just awkward and monotone and sloggy. i lost interest and never went back

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Elephant Ambush posted:

this take from 1987

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

:yeah:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fritz the Horse posted:

this reminds me of something very important. when do i start getting my paycheck from something awful?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Your complementary t-shirt is in the mail

Who Jeff is actually sending them to is a mystery

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Your complementary t-shirt is in the mail

Who Jeff is actually sending them to is a mystery

I'm pretty sure he said something about a mass shipment to...Boca Raton?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls and I will die on this hill before saying otherwise.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls and I will die on this hill before saying otherwise.

i cannot count how many times I have seen this exact post

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
In dark souls 2 you could use a special little mini white stone to play co-op whether the boss is dead in the hosts world or not, something I don't believe you can do in dark souls 1 and I miss it. It's one thing to do the level by yourself and get the items, leaving the boss alive... but you can't kill any bosses solo, or else you're not really co-oping at all.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cease to Hope posted:

i cannot count how many times I have seen this exact post

We are a cult, and we are many

Fritz the Horse posted:

other way around, I goatse'd someone via PM. or well, two people. one was a notorious troll of old with the initials TF and the other I think was someone who sent me a PM with the text "you are more smoothbrained than cinci zoo sniper"

Look, I got that it involved you, a PM, and goatse. I should get at least partial credit.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why do all my video games feature so much genocide? This might be sending a bad message. For the children. :ohdear:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rappaport posted:

Why do all my video games feature so much genocide? This might be sending a bad message. For the children. :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/ViolateGeneva/status/1625249080237600768?t=fvMmnISPO6nLH3bq8Y-Hiw&s=19

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Maybe we should look at legislation here. Ban video games? That stuff is awful.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rappaport posted:

Maybe we should look at legislation here. Ban video games? That stuff is awful.

Are you saying we should ban video games because they are awful? Or that efforts to ban video games are awful? :thunk:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dark Souls 2 has the gender swap coffin. It's just a coffin in a corner of the starting area, and if you hop into it it swaps your character's gender. Absolutely no explanation for it. You might not even notice it for a while until you change your armor.

GOTY

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Dark Souls 2 has the gender swap coffin. It's just a coffin in a corner of the starting area, and if you hop into it it swaps your character's gender. Absolutely no explanation for it. You might not even notice it for a while until you change your armor.

GOTY

You can get the gender swap belt pretty much first thing in Baldur's Gate, a game released in 1998. You should ask Arivia for the further implications of this, though.

Professor Beetus posted:

Are you saying we should ban video games because they are awful? Or that efforts to ban video games are awful? :thunk:

Quite recently I had a game of Master of Orion where my empire was mostly the Klackon, whom I had enslaved early on. My starting race was the Psilon, who are weak and not very good at work, so it made perfect sense to me to just enslave the race right next to me. Of course the game fluff makes it sound like I "liberated" them and made them all happier, but really? It's not a very good message to send.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I still don’t know if it’s allowed to openly oppose capitalism in USCE lol but I’ve been warned…about something

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
im wondering if its still allowed to openly support capitalism in USCE. somebody support me here! looking for some backslaps

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

im wondering if its still allowed to openly support capitalism in USCE. somebody support me here! looking for some backslaps

I get the feeling this would just make you kick me in the head. Horses are awful creatures.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

yeah im gonna be the moron who backslaps you and gets brained by a pair of five and a half diamond hinds

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Outright probing people for a day for disagreeing you within the thread is a lovely thing to do Fritz.

We all have to say we trust the government or we get smacked guys step in line.

Or maybe just the perfidious c-spam postershave to do that. Posting in two places is incredibly suspicious

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 15, 2023

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Provide citations but not too many I don't want to read all that I'm just going to ban you if you give me too much evidence I'm wrong.

you have to provide exactly the right amount of evidence. No one can tell you whether it's enough of evidence until they dismiss you or ban you. Some catch

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

log off

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Misinformation and propaganda happen under other systems... and they drat sure happen in capitalism too. What narratives capture us, how things are framed. Power is going to use the power it has to retain that power. It would be irresponsible not to. Whether it's the government or just a corporation trying to profit.

Everybody's debate clubbing it up, which yeah that's the thread, but I think it's healthy to have some skepticism towards any information filtered through government channels, or yes even the "main stream media". Doesn't mean it's all a lie or part of some grand plot, but only a credulous fool could think you haven't been or won't be deceived.

Anyway talk keeps going back to "how they handled the derailment" but the conditions that allowed it to happen are the example of failure. Or how about climate scientists repeatedly warning disaster and unimaginable consequence if we don't make a lot of difficult changes? We believe the science! We are not making those changes however, it would be very disruptive.

At the end of the day theres no happy answer regarding the climate anyway, certainly not one the masses, the market, or our leaders would accept. It's not a conspiracy, this is just what's easiest and most comfortable for us. Reap what you sow and all.

Well that's my coffee finished gotta get dressed for work. I hope the way we live ceases to exist sooner rather than later, but until then they could at least release dark souls 2 for switch.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I just woke up to Fritz banning dissent based on "posted in cspam before" while libs, as always, get away with psychoanalyzing anyone who disagrees with them. you log off.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Harold Fjord posted:

I just woke up to Fritz banning dissent based on "posted in cspam before". you log off.

not before this multi-hour zoom ends

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

you good?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

He's looking out for me.

I have edited my post to be less mean about it but that was another bad shoot

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The thing about making everything about revolutionary marxism (selec's "project" [lol] of crushing capitalism) is that USCE is supposed to be a thread about US Politics. Revolutionary communism is not part of US Politics, it's political theory. It is not a popular ideology here, it is not going to happen any time soon by any plausible mechanism, and it would be fiercely rejected to the point of open insurrection by at least 30% of the population. It's not the solution to any of our problems. If your solution to ecological disasters is "end capitalism :smug:" then in the actual, real-world context of US Politics, you're saying "don't even bother solving it."

Like, there is a thing called US Politics, and there are disagreements within it, I invite you participate sometime.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

The thing about making everything about revolutionary marxism (selec's "project" [lol] of crushing capitalism) is that USCE is supposed to be a thread about US Politics. Revolutionary communism is not part of US Politics, it's political theory. It is not a popular ideology here, it is not going to happen any time soon by any plausible mechanism, and it would be fiercely rejected to the point of open insurrection by at least 30% of the population. It's not the solution to any of our problems. If your solution to ecological disasters is "end capitalism :smug:" then in the actual, real-world context of US Politics, you're saying "don't even bother solving it."

Like, there is a thing called US Politics, and there are disagreements within it, I invite you participate sometime.

US politics will never solve anything. Its not designed to. It's designed to keep you busy pulling levers while the machine replaces your blood with poison.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mellow Seas posted:

:eyepop:

Please keep your hands, feet, and ideologies inside of the Overton window at all times.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Harold Fjord posted:

US politics will never solve anything.
If that's what you think, then you should stop posting in places that are about US politics; you have all but admitted you have no interest in discussing them.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

If that's what you think, then you should stop posting in places that are about US politics; you have all but admitted you have no interest in discussing them.

WRONG. not the same thing.

We've completely destroyed the biosphere, gently caress off saying I can't enjoy the same distraction as you just because I'm not fooled into believing it's more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The king is appointed by God so if you think the solution is to overthrow the king you're telling us you don't have a solution and don't care about the Kingdom's politics

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is also why you can't go into the China thread and talk about capitalism and how it would be better for them. They're a communist country so please respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mellow Seas posted:

The ghost of Stalin won't be elected POTUS any time soon, that's a valid point. However, it doesn't strike me as unreasonable to also point out lamentable situations caused by capitalism working as intended. After Reagan and Thatcher, a lot of the political establishment (for lack of a better word) in Europe also followed suit and began dismantling what were seen in the previous century as important, egalitarian systems. Capitalism can be brought to heel, as it were, at least to some extent, by creating a powerful government and more importantly one willing to govern! Sadly the US seems hell-bent on "drowning their government in the bath-tub" as that one thinker put it, and that's something to discuss, IMO.

Also luxury gay space communism for all, thank you and good day.