Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

neaden posted:

Yeah, it's mentioned in a Fyreslayers short story where they invade a Skaven warren and find some breeding females and in the novel Stormvault there is a Skaven POV character who remembers being a baby and having to trick his siblings into eating eachother instead of him.

Thsys unfortunate, I think skaven would more interesting if they were the result of miasma theory. Didn't do your dishes or take out the trash? Tough poo poo buddy now you got an underhive beneath your apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The gitz underdark units now has their own warscroll woohoo!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...new-battletome/

They weren't kidding when they said yesterday about revealing a guy who really loves books.
Not to mention rules.

And a bonus rules preview of the upcoming Kharadon tome as well.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Oh that's loving cool.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
An actual rules lawyer, incredible.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That's beautiful.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

This is amazing

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
If someone does not paint those pages up as AOS Warscrolls, it will be a missed opportunity.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...new-battletome/

They weren't kidding when they said yesterday about revealing a guy who really loves books.
Not to mention rules.

And a bonus rules preview of the upcoming Kharadon tome as well.

Thought I was in the 40K thread for a second and this was a new Votann mini :haw:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I don't play Kharadron but I'm definitely going to be using that dude for some conversion bits in both AoS and 40k.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Thought I was in the 40K thread for a second and this was a new Votann mini :haw:

All it really need is a bodyswap and there you go.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I mean, it's a cute model and all, but that's way too few books to be a lawyer.

Maybe he takes just his indices into combat?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The land fortress is a mobile library

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Annointed posted:

The land fortress is a mobile library

Don't give me ideas! :argh:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Crossposting yet more Anvils.

The good news is I'm almost done, just a half-dozen Praetors and Annihilators each, then I have to figure out how to paint my dragons and I'll have actually finished an army. For now, I guess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like GW needs to clear out some left over stocks, because they just announced a bunch of Regiments of Renown, bands of mercenaries you can apparently use for your army.
https://www.warhammer-community.com...rful-abilities/

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

This are really weird. Its not that they are mismatched but like chaos gets hero and 2 monsters while tzeentch gets endless spells. What?

Covermeinsunshine fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 15, 2023

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
if this is how they bring back Chaos Soup then so be it

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

At least this means that the normal dwarfs are not getting squatted with Dawnbringers... hopefully.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No, instead they're just kinda doomed to languish with older models until GW decides to update them whenever they get around to making the Khazalid Empire a thing for real.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

The renowned and amazing force of a unit of zombies and a corpse cart.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Funzo posted:

The renowned and amazing force of a unit of zombies and a corpse cart.

I would field that in Ossiarchs to be cheap chaff, honestly.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Cooked Auto posted:

No, instead they're just kinda doomed to languish with older models until GW decides to update them whenever they get around to making the Khazalid Empire a thing for real.

Unless they want every model in old world to be usable in AoS I wouldn't count on that.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Isn't that pretty much what Cities of Sigmar is anyway?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I mean they could feasibly do updated models that follow the same design aesthetics, for the purpose of being used in multiple games.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They'd be dumb not to redesign some older fantasy models to use for cities of sigmar as things that can also be used for The Old World.

:gw:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Crossposting from mini thread:

Captain Magic posted:

I finished Archaon a while ago (as you can see from the green outside) but never took the time to share the pictures. I pretty much just did what Duncan Rhodes said to do, but also I did up the base all by my big boy self:

Idfk how you photograph normal small things let alone something this big-small but there you go

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Captain Magic posted:

Crossposting from mini thread:

I have mine coming in soon, and I can't wait to start in on it. If it approaches yours, I'll be happy!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Feeple posted:

I have mine coming in soon, and I can't wait to start in on it. If it approaches yours, I'll be happy!

Hey thanks!

yeah I just followed the Duncan Rhodes warhammer YT to the tee pretty much, except using some contrast paints on the dragon heads and Archaon's cape and head; really recommend that tutorial as a place to get started if you run into any roadblocks

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Man so, the chaos knights from the STD start collecting box? These push-fit monstrosities?

Yeah gently caress these things

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Worked on my first gobbo, still a WIP tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Captain Magic posted:

Man so, the chaos knights from the STD start collecting box? These push-fit monstrosities?

Yeah gently caress these things

If they have the rods you jam in just snip them off so they're shorter or cut them off altogether and use glue.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

JBP posted:

If they have the rods you jam in just snip them off so they're shorter or cut them off altogether and use glue.

Oh they have the rods, but they also split the horse and rider vertically into like five sections

I’ve done push fit before, these are push hell

VERTICALLY

One piece is the horse’s head and attached by six rods is the riders foot

And another is the edge of the horse’s face attached by a chain to the shield

And you have to lock in the cross-sectioned third of the rider’s body into half of the saddle first before you put on its foot otherwise the other half of the horse won’t fit and ughhhh

I have built like a thousand models probably across a lot of different armies and these are the most bullshit of all

So your advice is sound in general but I do not think it would hold together long enough if I only glued it without some semblance of its rodding because the points of contact are very slender and unfortunate

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 19, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All I can say to this is lol sounds terrible

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JBP posted:

All I can say to this is lol sounds terrible

I have to say that I've built that kit as well and it didn't strike me as particularly bad. Bit stiff, but with a bit of pushing they clicked together absolutely fine.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
putting together gore-gruntas had similar frustrations for me.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Genghis Cohen posted:

I have to say that I've built that kit as well and it didn't strike me as particularly bad. Bit stiff, but with a bit of pushing they clicked together absolutely fine.

you sit in your loving tower

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Nah the S2D push to fit from the SC box (not the most recent Vanguard box, not tried that yet) were a loving pain in the arse, and I’d consider myself an experienced assembler. Sculptor / person who did the cutting up of it was too loving clever by half.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/20/immolate-your-enemies-with-the-sizzling-seraphon-spawn-of-chotec/

This weeks Seraphon reveal iiiiiiiis...

A new Salamander!

Even comes with new updated skink models as well.

And stay tuned for more reveals:

quote:

There are plenty more scaly creatures waiting to bask in the warm glow of adoration on Warhammer Community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So about starting that third army