Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
G Gundam was 20 years too early for an ISIS Gundam huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

G Gundam was 20 years too early for an ISIS Gundam huh?

considering that the whole early gimmick of that show was beheading the other Gundams to win the fight, there definitely would have been one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/nescartridges/status/1625636777653575680?s=46&t=DPYUwpdg1J223FmENe0JRg

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The control devil can make devils think they're dogs. It's not complicated.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Makima-Sama is the Control Devil?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
That's Denji's kid from Part 2, I think. Haven't read it yet.

In any case, don't look it up unless you want spoilers for the remainder of Chainsaw Man.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

War and Pieces posted:

Makima-Sama is the Control Devil?

That wasn't what I said, no.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
She's the dom devil idiot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

And yet they brought it back for build divers

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Tequila_Gundam_Daniel_Custom

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
First run spoilers:
At the end of the arc, Denji kills Makima and because Pochita is all about granting wishes reincarnates her in such a way that her wish could be fulfilled: to have a relationship with someone as an equal. So we see a kid, Nayuta, with Makima's dogs at the end
Second run (that comic):
The War Devil was caught trying to make out with Denji and when Nayuta comes from from walking the dogs she sees this and uses her power to make the War Devil think she's a dog (pictured)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tokin opposition posted:

People aren't afraid of dom's. They're aroused. Ergo...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

What is Build Divers?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

HootTheOwl posted:

What is Build Divers?

It's a 2018 gundam series

quote:

Gunpla Battle Nexus Online (GBN) is a new network game that lets people enjoy a variety of missions using Gunpla in a virtual cyberspace dimension. Middle-school students Riku Mikami and Yukio Hidaka recruit their classmate Momoka Yashiro and dive together into this vast world. Becoming "Divers," or inhabitants of GBN, they meet a mysterious girl named Sarah who has an amazing sensitivity to Gunpla. They begin playing alongside her, but...[1]

There are many other famous Divers, starting with Kyoya Kujo, the champion whom Riku admires. Multiple Divers can join to form a team called a "force." Meanwhile, the game is disrupted by Mass-Divers who use unofficial tools called break decals. Through many encounters and experiences, Riku and his friends will build not only Gunpla, but their own adventures as well![1]

I think it's related to build fighters which I think was about kids buying building giant plastic gundams and fighting with them in vr

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

christmas boots posted:

I think it's related to build fighters which I think was about kids buying building giant plastic gundams and fighting with them in vr

Is it gundam SAO?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

HootTheOwl posted:

What is Build Divers?

It is basically gunpla: the anime

the first season of build fighters was pretty good iirc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

christmas boots posted:

Gundam Build Fighters was about kids building Gundam kits and then fighting with them in real life through some techno thing that animated Gundam kits. It was a really well made kid's sports show, just that the sports was Gundam models, and it had a lot of heart and passion put into it. It also came right after the disaster that was Gundam AGE, so a lot of Gundam fans really love Build Fighters not only for it's inherent quality as a show but for being a really fun pickmeup after arguably the franchise's biggest misstep.

They made a sequel, Gundam Build Fighters Try, that wasn't very good.

Gundam Build Divers was basically a restart to the Gundam Build subfranchise. It's about kids building Gundam models and then scanning them into a Gundam-themed VR MMO where they can pilot the Gundams they built. It wasn't very good.

They made a sequel, Gundam Build Divers Re Rise, where a party in the VR MMO discover a secret portal to a world that doesn't seem very Gundam at all, and all the NPCs seem very realistic, almost as if they aren't NPCs at all....

Build Divers Re Rise starts off pretty dull because you're just waiting for them to spring the obvious twist, but ended up being secretly one of the best Gundam shows of all time.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

tokin opposition posted:

She's the no Season 2 renewal devil if you ask me

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

waifu devil.

quote="tenderjerk" post="529839815"]

[/quote]

We need a Warhammer adaption/ripoff with the exact same premise

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Feb 15, 2023

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

What's the skinny re: Arslan? The source material is by the same guy who did Galactic Heroes, but this thread never talks about it so I'm guessing it's crap.

But how crap? Why crap? These are the questions that need answers.

the anime is extremely bad yes. but the fullmetal alchemist lady is drawing the manga and it is very good.

I will say it's a bit more "basic" story though. it's about a pretty white haired prince saving the kingdom with his zhuge liang cutout super advisor. the main antagonist is a mysterious man in a silver mask named silvermask.

i like it, someone should give it a brotherhood-like anime reboot when the manga is done

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

bitmap posted:

watching outlaw star for the first time. way corny but I'm loving grappling ships doing swordfights in space against inscrutable chinese magic.

gently caress yeah grapple ships are rad

tenderjerk posted:

I can't speak for furthers but the first was very fun imo. Italian dude hits on a lady at a restaurant by buying buying her a high grade victory Gundam gunpla lmao

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Bro Dad posted:

the main antagonist is a mysterious man in a silver mask named silvermask.

I mean if I had a cool silver mask I would want people to acknowledge it as much as possible

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I didn't go to all the trouble of wearing this fancy silver mask just to ignore it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Listening to the latest Hell on Earth podcast episode on the 30-Years War from the chapo guys.

What ever happened to the infant the Count of Tilly took from one of the slain civilians after the Magdeburg sacking?

i posted it here because it sounds like the start of an anime:v:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Listening to the latest Hell on Earth podcast episode on the 30-Years War from the chapo guys.

What ever happened to the infant the Count of Tilly took from one of the slain civilians after the Magdeburg sacking?

i posted it here because it sounds like the start of an anime:v:

No spoilers from Bladestorm 2, please.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

they made portugal into a clown guy smh

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Amuro? Amuro! Amuro!?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the new jojo has a trans sibling and kills cops

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

yeah it owns so loving hard god bless

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Stairmaster posted:

my pronouns are ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORA/ORAAAA

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Stairmaster posted:

he finished jojolion!?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

cant wait to see it in anime form in 10 years

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

PyPy posted:

Amuro? Amuro! Amuro!?

NOTE: Our Protagonist is too autistic to tell when an attractive girl likes him

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

NOTE: Our Protagonist is too autistic to tell when an attractive girl likes him

Relatable

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

itsa me, jodio

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Stairmaster posted:

brace yourself for trans vs femboy discourse

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

War and Pieces posted:

brace yourself for trans vs femboy discourse

Usually in a case like this, where we have a character who looks like a woman, exclusively wears women's clothes, and takes hormone injections, you'd assume they are a trans person and the fan translators are just being stupid. But would it really be that surprising if Araki created a character who was just a guy who loved women's fashion so much he took hormone injections so he'd fit in women's clothes better?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:abrathink:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Somehow, Astolfo has returned.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Let's split the difference and call her a femgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
gotta admit it I still have no fuckign clue how king crimson works