Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Thought I'd share this from the PSVR2 thread. It's from the launch game Switchback. This guy posted a good long video of game play including the chunk at 2:30, which shows off how PSVR2 eye tracking can be used in game play. The game puts you in a room with a bunch of mannequins, which as we all know are inherently terrifying, but they will only move toward you when you blink. Blink too many times and they get close enough to attack you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGLfgoM2l4&t=157s

I don't know why but it's this that's pushing me to want to get a PSVR2 more than any other footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Thought I'd share this from the PSVR2 thread. It's from the launch game Switchback. This guy posted a good long video of game play including the chunk at 2:30, which shows off how PSVR2 eye tracking can be used in game play. The game puts you in a room with a bunch of mannequins, which as we all know are inherently terrifying, but they will only move toward you when you blink. Blink too many times and they get close enough to attack you.

Lol gently caress that haha

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Lol gently caress that haha

Yeah there is no way I am playing this game, but that is so incredibly awesome and makes me really hyped for my PSVR2 next week.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm glad i never bought those tokyo rpg factory games lol

especially because the cheapest they ever went on sale was for like $20

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Between Switchback and the baby from RE8, PSVR2 is going to kill me.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I'm confused as I remember being able to download and play RE7 on the PS Plus. Was it removed at some point or does this mean that we'll be able to download to keep similar to Jedi Fallen Order and what not?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The 7th Guest posted:

I managed to get a physical copy of lost sphear for like £15 which is the only reason why I played it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 7th Guest posted:

I bought Setsuna and that was the last one I ever did

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

If EDF 6 has a steady frame rate I won't buy it. They need to use the full power of the ps5 to just add more enemies and destructible terrain and buildings so you can nuke a city block and get 10fps for a few seconds. Just so much awesome poo poo going on that the console can't handle it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

The Pro Controller for this game:

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
And this is why you don't just buy every game as soon as it goes on sale. I own half of the extra list and still haven't gotten around to playing them. Owned. I just hope I can buy legend of dragoon and don't have to sign up for premium to play it.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
Even worse than that, I just bought a copy of AC: Odyssey on eBay when I could have upgraded to Extra through May--which includes that game and many others I want to play--for roughly the same amount!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Morpheus posted:

I don't know why but it's this that's pushing me to want to get a PSVR2 more than any other footage.

Rush of Blood (the PSVR 1 supergiant horror roller coaster game) was way better than it had any right to be so it’s safe to get hyped for this one

It was great at making you feel like you were being absolutely inundated with spiders

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Hoffadoff posted:

I just hope I can buy legend of dragoon and don't have to sign up for premium to play it.

Same, I've wanted this since my ps3 broke. Looks like most if not all ps1 games are purchasable separately

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Yeah with the gaming subscription services I’m at the point where I reallllly try not to buy individual games unless I play them right away, even if they’re cheap.

And with free brand new amazing games like Hi-Fi Rush it gets harder to justify!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lately games have been adding an Arachnophobia Mode to reduce or eliminate the presence of spiders. I feel like this option is inaccurately labeled. I believe Arachnophobia Mode should INCREASE the amount of spiders.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

haveblue posted:

Rush of Blood (the PSVR 1 supergiant horror roller coaster game) was way better than it had any right to be so it’s safe to get hyped for this one

This was the game I used to introduce people to VR and it was an absolute blast each and every time. I can’t wait for Switchback!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Lately games have been adding an Arachnophobia Mode to reduce or eliminate the presence of spiders. I feel like this option is inaccurately labeled. I believe Arachnophobia Mode should INCREASE the amount of spiders.

I love spiders and can get behind a game that is just full of spider friends.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'm looking at the PSVR2 really hard, but here's the thing: I wear hearing aids. The PSVR2 seems to come with ear buds.

Will the thing work with over-the-ear can headphones of some sort? Are headphones even needed? Like, is it pumping personal audio over the headphones while your speaker setup plays background stuff, or are the earbuds strictly 'cuz you don't want to wake up the house' and you can just play with your normal speaker setup?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All games should have a slug mode that changes every enemy and NPC to gigantic slugs

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

TheCenturion posted:

Will the thing work with over-the-ear can headphones of some sort?

Yes, you can use any headphones. I use the Sony MX -1000s but just about anything should do.

Not sure if you can play audio over your TV/speakers but I don’t see why not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

I'm looking at the PSVR2 really hard, but here's the thing: I wear hearing aids. The PSVR2 seems to come with ear buds.

Will the thing work with over-the-ear can headphones of some sort? Are headphones even needed? Like, is it pumping personal audio over the headphones while your speaker setup plays background stuff, or are the earbuds strictly 'cuz you don't want to wake up the house' and you can just play with your normal speaker setup?

What up fellow aids haver! The PSVR1 worked well with over-ear headphones so I would hope the 2 would be the same, but they’re also not necessary at all

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bring back Big Head Mode in all games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

All games should have a slug mode that changes every enemy and NPC to gigantic slugs

Umm...I would like to veto this quite strongly. No reason.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We can call it “veeg mode”

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Plz. No dog murder vr sims

acksplode
May 17, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

Headphones are important for 3D audio, which is critical to the experience. Wouldn't surprise me if they're required. You can move your head around, so for accurate audio you want speakers that follow your ears.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

acksplode posted:

Headphones are important for 3D audio, which is critical to the experience. Wouldn't surprise me if they're required. You can move your head around, so for accurate audio you want speakers that follow your ears.

Hmmm. I'm a proud 7.1 surround haver.

But if the head set will accommodate a big old pair of ear muffs, great.

Escobarbarian posted:

What up fellow aids haver! The PSVR1 worked well with over-ear headphones so I would hope the 2 would be the same, but they’re also not necessary at all

Everyone has aids! Aids aids aids aids!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

I'm a lowly 5.1 peasant, but please hear my tale. The only thing I miss about surround sound when using binaural 3D audio on good headphones is a subwoofer. If you haven't experienced it before, give Returnal a shot. It's so accurate and immersive that, alongside the excellent sound design for enemies, it effectively functions like a radar. You definitely need headphones for VR.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

TheCenturion posted:

You absolutely need headphones for VR.

If the PSVR2 is like the original, you can use any headphones that have a normal headphone plug. The problem with certain cans would be they may not fit around the headset. The old Sony gold (and maybe platinum) were specifically designed to fit with the PSVR. I have no idea if the Pulse or those new 'gamer' models Sony released are designed that way as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How in the world did we let Ready At Dawn get away with making The Order 1886 and not actually coming back later and make it into an actual full game?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

If the PSVR2 is like the original, you can use any headphones that have a normal headphone plug. The problem with certain cans would be they may not fit around the headset. The old Sony gold (and maybe platinum) were specifically designed to fit with the PSVR. I have no idea if the Pulse or those new 'gamer' models Sony released are designed that way as well.

That’s my question too… I’m for buying some new headphones for the PS5, but I’d like to know if they fir around the PSVR2

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Pulse was used at many preview events for psvr2 so that at least works

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Holy poo poo I beat Returnal. Beat the last guy at 100% health without getting hit, got super lucky and the hollow seeker gets pretty lmao with its perks.

All in all good. My hands are shaking. Unless the stuff I haven't seen unlocks more gameplay? I beat biomes 5-6 in one go.

Is the ending, all logs and cutscenes included, supposed to be up for interpretation?

Rolo fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 15, 2023

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

VideoGames posted:

I love spiders and can get behind a game that is just full of spider friends.

I am blocked from playing most of From's acclaimed back catalog because I can't deal with spiders in video games, so I will strongly and respectfully disagree.

(Elden Ring cleverly and artfully splits off everything that is creepy and scary to me about spiders and makes each one of them an individual enemy, which is an approach I can get behind even if it's still hard for me to melee ants.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Modern Warfare II got a 22GB patch and it's also updating the multiplayer, co-op and campaign packs too :negative: I'm not sure what the sizes of those are.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
this reminds me, they released some DLC for Kill It With Fire that I didn't play yet

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rolo posted:

Holy poo poo I beat Returnal. Beat the last guy at 100% health without getting hit, got super lucky and the hollow seeker gets pretty lmao with its perks.

All in all good. My hands are shaking. Unless the stuff I haven't seen unlocks more gameplay? I beat biomes 5-6 in one go.

Is the ending, all logs and cutscenes included, supposed to be up for interpretation?

Mostly. There is a secret ending that adds a bit more nuance, but Returnal is one of those games where the deeper you go the more questions you'll have.

Now, ...climb the spire.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was fiddling with my storage settings to juggle some stuff around and I noticed the PS5 correctly identifies my m2 SSD as a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB With Heatsink or whatever the full marketing approved title of the thing is.

That’s pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RareAcumen posted:

How in the world did we let Ready At Dawn get away with making The Order 1886 and not actually coming back later and make it into an actual full game?

I would do anything to get a sequel.