Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

the future Midgar power wash cleaner tipped my hand and I bought it

now to download it to my Steam Deck so I can get that sweet, sweet dopamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

explosivo posted:

Crossposting from the Returnal thread but so far so good here:

Maybe the benchmark isn’t quite representative, but if it is, what was the deal with recommending 32GB of ram?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

GreenBuckanneer posted:

News just in, 80% of gamers have the brain worms and shouldn't be taken seriously.

The same donkeybrained consumers that buy a new madden game every single year despite each iteration being somehow worse than the one before.

It's a shame that Rowling is making money off this but I doubt most of her remaining fanbase is terminally online enough to even know about her proud, open bigotry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is she getting points on the backend or something? Typically it's just a flat licensing fee, but I've seen a lot A LOT of people say that she's making money off of sales. What's her percentage?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whatever income Rowling is getting from Hogfarts Pigassy is probably some margin on a ledger compared to what she makes from the Harry Potter theme parks in a single month.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah, what's a "shitload" added to "functionally infinite"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Returnal rules and it’s good more people will get to play it, I think it will probably be a lot easier on mouse and keyboard as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah, what's a "shitload" added to "functionally infinite"

I'm looking around and everyone seems to agree she will earn royalties off the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Returnal rules and it’s good more people will get to play it, I think it will probably be a lot easier on mouse and keyboard as well.

Can confirm it is much easier on keyboard/mouse. No Haptic feedback makes it easier too; faster response time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm still going to play on controller because i'm a backwards idiot

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

zoux posted:

Is she getting points on the backend or something? Typically it's just a flat licensing fee, but I've seen a lot A LOT of people say that she's making money off of sales. What's her percentage?

AFAIK it hasn't been reported. But, frankly, any amount of money earned is too much for someone who uses her enormous wealth and influence to publically advocate for the elimination of my friends and family

Edit - sorry I should keep this poo poo in cspam. Anyway games are fun. I've been going through my backlog and started Tales of Berseria, which I'm enjoying a lot. PG13 edgelord anime as gently caress but putting all the characters into ridiculous costumes makes the serious scenes really funny

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 15, 2023

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

Can confirm it is much easier on keyboard/mouse. No Haptic feedback makes it easier too; faster response time.

Hmm I was going to go in with controller since it seemed "right" I guess but maybe I should just do mkb... guess I can just see how hard it really is first (heard mixed things)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Housemarque has some of the tightest controls in the business, playing on gamepad shouldn't be an issue.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

New Bundles on Fanactials bundlefest:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/postal-paradise-pack
Postal Paradise pack
Postal 1
Postal 2
Postal 2 paradise lost
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/sudden-strike-trilogy
Sudden Strike pack
Sudden Strike One gold
Sudden Strike two gold
Sudden Strike 3
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/commandos-collection-pack
Commandos collection pack
Commandos 2
Commandos 3
Commandos behind enemys line
Commandos beyond the call of duty
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/underland-double-pack
Underland double pack
Underland
Underland The climb
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/hero-of-the-kingdom-trilogy
Hero of the kingdom trilogy
Hero of the kingdom 1
Hero of the kingdom 2
Hero of the kingdom 3
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/puzzle-cities-bundle
Puzzle Cities bundle
Townopolis
Romopolis
Megapolis
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/monsters-den-collection-bundle
Monsters den collection
Monsters den godfall
Monsters den Chronicals
Monsters Den the book of the dead
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/ittle-dew-1-and-2-double-pack
Ittle Dew pack
Ittle Dew
Ittle Dew 2
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/kingdom-wars-triple-pack
Kingdom Wars triple pack
Kingdom Wars 1
Kingdom Wars 2
Kindgom Wars 4

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/starpoint-gemini-3-supporter-bundle
Starpoint Gemini 3 supporter Bundle
Starpoint Gemini 3
SPG 3 supporter pack
$1

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-bento-bundle
Build your own Bento bundle
Is it wrong to pick up girls in the dungeon ? Infinite combate
Tears of Avia
Dusk Diver
Gal Gun Double Peace
Gun Gun pixes
NG
Death of the mark
Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-
Tokyo Xanadu ex+
Nigate Tale
White Day: A Labyrinth named school
Chaos Code -NEW SIGN OF THE CATASTROPHE-
Arcana Hearts 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Zengeon
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Sword and Fairy
Xuan-Yuan Sword:The gate of the Firmament
Empire of angels

3 for $5.99
5 for $8.99
10 for $14.99

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Hmm I was going to go in with controller since it seemed "right" I guess but maybe I should just do mkb... guess I can just see how hard it really is first (heard mixed things)

Returnal's difficulty is described as extreme or close to impossible, imo. If the game were a person, they would laugh as they kill puppies. The difficult just feels evil at times. Yet the game still manages to be really god drat good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

IMHO Returnal's difficulty is very snowbally. Things will seem difficult before you find all the area unlocks, but once you're able to explore more and thoroughly clear each room, you'll eventually build such a huge advantage in items and parasites that you can basically cruise through the final area.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That article was just talking about UK sales and not shocking that the UK book series is doing extremely well in the uk

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

IMHO Returnal's difficulty is very snowbally. Things will seem difficult before you find all the area unlocks, but once you're able to explore more and thoroughly clear each room, you'll eventually build such a huge advantage in items and parasites that you can basically cruise through the final area.

Pretty much. the most likely place for the game to kill you is the first biome but you can make yourself nearly unkillable by the end of a run if you can get enough momentum. it doesn’t pull any punches at the very start but it gives you the impression it will end up harder than it actually does.

Of course the tower of sisyphus is meant to kill you sooner or later so in that mode you eventually start taking absurd amounts of damage if you get hit whatsoever, even with a bunch of protection stacked up. I have not made it farther than halfway through cycle 5.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That article was just talking about UK sales and not shocking that the UK book series is doing extremely well in the uk

It's also estimated to be the 8th-largest media franchise in the world. It was always going to sell well because most people don't even know what a TERF is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes it was always going to do well but 80% better than Elden ring loses a lot of its luster if it’s just in the UK

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sorry, Elden Ring is confirmed dead. JK is the new queen Dung Eater in town.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sad to see an entire nation afflicted by a skill issue

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Saint Freak posted:

Sorry, Elden Ring is confirmed dead. JK is the new queen Dung Eater in town.

queen Loathsome Dung Eater

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probably a lot more 10 year olds are playing Harry Potter than Elden Ring

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011 so I actually doubt that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

e: Actually, not going to accidentally get into an argument about HP

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CharlestheHammer posted:

The last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011 so I actually doubt that

I regret to inform you that the kids of the middle-aged people who read Harry Potter as kids are now reading Harry Potter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Crazy that there are still so many 85-year olds keeping the Lord of the Rings franchise alive.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
At this point Harry Potter has reached endemic status so I think people should just expect it to return seasonally. Maybe we'll get temporary vaccines but it won't permanently go away.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Watching CohhCarnage play Returnal on PC and even on a 3090 (and a 9900K, apparently, maxing out at about 120 fps), there are occasional, but very noticeable hitches and stutters, he even has put up a bot message because he doesn't want to have to explain it every other minute.

Ah well. Let's see if it gets patched.
Edit: Oh, it's UE4. Probably not then.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Every loving UE4 game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I regret to inform you that the kids of the middle-aged people who read Harry Potter as kids are now reading Harry Potter.

Now that I think about, I'm surprised I haven't heard of a single person naming their child Hermoine or whatever. I guess if someone names their kid Harry I wouldn't think twice of it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

sony's UE4 games are some of the few which have avoided the shader compilation issues, either immediately at launch (day's gone) or quickly resolved through patches (sackboy)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Maybe it needs to be installed on an SSD?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if it's shader compilation stutter then an SSD won't help, if it turns out to be related to asset streaming then faster storage may help though yeah

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Wait, is this a full release of a Pico-8 game? I swear I've seen a Pico-8 version of this on Itch a couple years back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Every loving UE4 game.

Even UE5 games have this problem apparently. :/

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Even UE5 games have this problem apparently. :/

I mean it's an avoidable bug. Apparently one that even AAA devs don't always get right, but its not "thats how UE4 is" or whatever, all engines are just basic frameworks and it always depends on the actual graphics developers/artist etc. to make poo poo run awesome

very much like Unity games tend to just suck back 2010+ because almost no MyFirstGame/MyExpressiveArtProject indie dev had any remote clue about nice tricks cool people do to make a picture pretty and perfomant. But some did, and Unity also learned and now it's not as poo poo anymore.

Ciaphas posted:

Returnal's out now. Looking forward to hearing about the port quality, or possibly lack thereof

aside from mentioned stutters its very well done actually. Good UI, sound, mouse/keyboard support just works though keybindings may need some care but key customization even is tremendously good. Like it has secondary binding options which are so rare these days. Really love the inclusion options of Returnal, very considerate of a lot of tiny things (left handed keyboard preset... I think I've not seen that in any game ever)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Returnal looks really cool but I'm a baby when it comes to hard as balls games, mostly if it's structured at all like a Souls-like.

But I do love me some bullet hell and metroidvanias/roguelites/likes/whatevers just cause it's usually quick to restart and get back to where you were.

Y'all think I'd be able to dig it? If it's pretty much just Enter the Gungeon but third person or even like Risk of Rain 2 then I'll probably love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Grabbed this for 2 but already had 1. If anyone else wants the key it's C9Q58-HBZRN-6TC9K except I swapped the first and third quintets to avoid automated scrapers or whatever