Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here's a good video on the new ControlNet img2img stuff. Some powerful tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFcIv8Gq8o

https://github.com/lllyasviel/ControlNet

Here is the github for it.

This set is insanely powerful in how it allows preservation of control. I've only just hosed around with it so far but I can see the implications. The granularity is ultra deep too.
Man. I'm not surprised but I am surprised still at fantasy tech from only a few years ago is now in our hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pixaal posted:

Are you trying to make the species from Children of Ruin?

afraid i'm not familiar, i assume it goes well for all involved?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mozi posted:

afraid i'm not familiar, i assume it goes well for all involved?

Second book in a series about projects left after humanity collapses. This one involves octopus. Author does a lot about how that would be different including how arm brains and primary brain interactions it's an interesting read.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

busalover posted:

Yeah it's not just a tool you use, it's a tool you teach. Every time you pick it up, it's one step closer to no longer needing you in the first place.

wrong

that's not how this poo poo works at all

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Got access to the Bing beta. It's... a lot better than ChatGPT, even ChatGPT using the DAN workaround. Produces more detailed results, with less HR/rule minefield stops(though still some,) and most importantly, can take into account and use website information as directed.

They'll almost certainly nerf this a great deal soon, the same way they did ChatGPT, but as long as it can use websites it will be more useful in general.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

e: off topic

RIP Syndrome fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 19, 2023

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/toyxyz3/status/1625923514095243264

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I paid $30 for at least one month of Midjourney and it's scaring me because it's basically a super addicting deviantart slot machine. I'm gonna have to buy a new hard drive for all this bullshit.

Minor obsession with this thing is making power armor for things that don't have have power armor. Although I'm trying to have it make "Rebel Alliance power armor" and it keeps making me stormtroopers.

Bonus pic of "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 power armor concept art" by Midjourney.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

wrong

that's not how this poo poo works at all

Why not?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

What you're using is a pre-trained model. It's not doing live training as you're using it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

There's 3 levels with a chat bot, training, adding new source material, that's like training in an art AI it needs more VRAM and something you very specifically do and patch the base model with. This should exist in an equivalent chat model.

After training the next level is the instructions. This is like the prompt in Stable Diffusion most places are hiding this still and aren't even letting you put things at the instruction level After that you have the user level which is what people keep trying to escape.

If you can get the base model without instructions you can do whatever the gently caress you want but it actually improving will require additional training and that's not accomplished by having it write a book unless you then have train it on the book it wrote (something you could do! I believe Mid Journey trains on its own output for their special sauce)

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

pixaal posted:

If you can get the base model without instructions you can do whatever the gently caress you want but it actually improving will require additional training and that's not accomplished by having it write a book unless you then have train it on the book it wrote (something you could do! I believe Mid Journey trains on its own output for their special sauce)

Ok so what I said doesn't run counter to Machine Learning, it's rather that no popular model has implemented it that way (yet).

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

This is how I see this all going, art creation toolkits that push hard spatial data into generators, like pose information here and basic 3D scenes like Boba Pearl demonstrated. Has the potential to solve the mutant hand problem, among other things, since you can force the generator to render on top of a user created baseline (like a 5 fingered skeleton of a hand). Think Poser but instead of everything looking like it came from Poser, it could look like anything.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

Ok so what I said doesn't run counter to Machine Learning, it's rather that no popular model has implemented it that way (yet).

data requirements for a non poo poo model run in the terabytes, people will not ship something like that

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Roman posted:

I paid $30 for at least one month of Midjourney and it's scaring me because it's basically a super addicting deviantart slot machine. I'm gonna have to buy a new hard drive for all this bullshit.

Minor obsession with this thing is making power armor for things that don't have have power armor. Although I'm trying to have it make "Rebel Alliance power armor" and it keeps making me stormtroopers.

Bonus pic of "Tom Clancy's The Division 2 power armor concept art" by Midjourney.

I justify it to myself as $30 a month is relatively cheap for a hobby. Nearly free compared to Warhams.

I also use it for work - I make instructional videos and its nice to be able to have art to illustrate a point or fill a blank screen.

Have an out-take of a teacher in a kindergarten classroom:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

hydroceramics posted:

I justify it to myself as $30 a month is relatively cheap for a hobby. Nearly free compared to Warhams.
yeah but in a few months I'm gonna have to rent out a server farm just for my randomized wallpaper folder.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've made graphics for presentations too. It's just been gimmicky so far, but I might be able to make something more useful now that I can use the software better.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Doctor Zero posted:

I just can't do anything without overblowing it.

Trying to get him to yell...

Someone on twitter did this one, wonder what tricks they used to get the tone

https://twitter.com/iiTalW/status/1624941430312665089?s=20&t=E3iF0uE20XfOMQr-Zm5gXQ

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Went ahead and paid for a month of Midjourney. I've been fine with what Stable Diffusion could do, but I wanted to try something else.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

One cool use of AI art is getting to brainstorm quick concept images. I've had this story/setting kicking around my head for a while and I just tossed in some prompts and outfits and actors to play the two main characters. I got really excited seeing them materialize into existence on my computer. They feel more real to me now and made me excited to get off my rear end and flesh this thing out some more. Hopefully people get to meet them someday.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Someone in a discord I'm in asked their ai to generate a featureless void, which the model predictably failed at, but to spectacular results nonetheless, so I figured I'd give it a go, too!

Seems to make for some good album covers at least!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
in order to describe a featureless void you need to have something to compare it to, adds up

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Keanu Reeves getting scared of Deepfakes, has clause in his contracts to prevent digital malarkey

Variety posted:

Keanu Reeves is terrified when it comes to acting and deepfake technology. During a recent interview with Wired ahead of the release of “John Wick: Chapter 4,” Reeved railed against deepfake technology making its way into Hollywood. “The Matrix” and “John Wick” actor even confirmed that he has a clause in every one of his movie contracts that prevents studios from digitally manipulating his performances.

“Yeah, digitally. I don’t mind if someone takes a blink out during an edit,” Reeves said. “But early on, in the early 2000s, or it might have been the ’90s, I had a performance changed. They added a tear to my face, and I was just like, ‘Huh?!’ It was like, I don’t even have to be here.”

“What’s frustrating about that is you lose your agency,” Reeves continued about deepfakes. “When you give a performance in a film, you know you’re going to be edited, but you’re participating in that. If you go into deepfake land, it has none of your points of view. That’s scary. It’s going to be interesting to see how humans deal with these technologies. They’re having such cultural, sociological impacts, and the species is being studied. There’s so much ‘data’ on behaviors now.”

Reeves said a recent conversation about “The Matrix” with a 15-year-old put things into a terrifying perspective. The actor explained to the teenager that his character, Neo, is fighting for what’s real. The teenager scoffed and said, “Who cares if it’s real?”

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/keanu-reeves-slams-deepfakes-film-contract-prevents-digital-edits-1235523698/

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
positive: Nothing
negative: Everything

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Tonight I tried to convince ChatGPT that humans have travelled to other worlds. I told it that in 1972, humanity took it's first flight to Walt Disney World; and in 1992, American explorers were the first to visit Planet Fitness. To it's credit, it saw through my bullshit and explained the myriad ways in which I was wrong.

busalover posted:

Keanu Reeves getting scared of Deepfakes, has clause in his contracts to prevent digital malarkey

Keanu having a No CGI clause is pretty funny since he just sold his likeness to a video game.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 16, 2023

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jet Li posted:

It was a commercial struggle for me. I realized the Americans wanted me to film for three months but be with the crew for nine. And for six months, they wanted to record and copy all my moves into a digital library. By the end of the recording, the right to these moves would go to them. I was thinking: I’ve been training my entire life. And we martial artists could only grow older. Yet they could own [my moves] as an intellectual property forever. So I said I couldn’t do that.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So, I realized something weird. Normally ChatGPT is pretty good at generating titles for conversations, but if you ask it create a SCP entry, the titles are weird and completely random. Some of the random titles are "Ordering Pizza Online" for Gritty, "Academic model requested" for the Something awful forums, and "Vision Benefits Details" for ChatGPT.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's not going to be long before you feed a model the complete Star Trek TNG series and it will spit back out as many more seasons as you want. So yeah if I were a working actor I would absolutely want a 'no AI me' clause.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mozi posted:

It's not going to be long before you feed a model the complete Star Trek TNG series and it will spit back out as many more seasons as you want. So yeah if I were a working actor I would absolutely want a 'no AI me' clause.

I think it will be possible but for now it's still too close to madlibs to be entertaining. getting it to write good storylines and keep narratives going between episodes would be an interesting evolution.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

LifeSunDeath posted:

I think it will be possible but for now it's still too close to madlibs to be entertaining. getting it to write good storylines and keep narratives going between episodes would be an interesting evolution.

You know, not bad. I'd watch it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mozi posted:

We are quickly approaching, if not have already entered, a cultural era where a character being played by a ~real~ person absolutely has no bearing on their popularity. We kind of already are in a space where we don't have a big action star or a huge new box office draw of talent. We still have Tom Cruise I guess!

That 15 year old in Keanu's story there is the norm now, who cares if its real? Like hell it doesn't even need to be coherent, not really, that Seinfeld thing kind of bears that out. Just needs a thing to gather around and socially joke about with other people, a clear story with clear characters is certainly not a requirement for most memes. We could argue if there is staying power there but it is certainly going to improve. Ultimately I don't think the current status quo has any bearing on what is popular or not. If something is compelling and it happens to be 100% AI generated without anything recognizable from current culture then so be it. I don't think people are actually going to care.
Multiple people have said it, but if I were an IP holder, someone like Disney, I'd be terrified at the culture shift that is currently happening. Like millenials and cutting cable, zoomers cutting global IP culture like they kinda already do. Disney will be all mad and bent out of shape, trying to protect the value of their assets but it isn't that they are upset that people are watching Mickey Mouse sitcoms or whatever, its that nobody cares about whatever IPs they happen to buy or already own.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
How Is It Manifested is now streaming:
https://twitch.tv/HowIsItmanifested
It's only doing reruns right now because I don't want to burn through all of my credits *right* away, but there are like an hour of them in there from some testing yesterday. No idea how long it'll run, this is the first stress test. The episodes it has right now are a mix of "random" ones and ones that were added manually to test it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I got into the Bing Beta, using it to actually search is pretty okay. It will even find other sources if you tell it that doesn't sound right or "I don't think screen rant is reliable is this anywhere else?". It found other sources.
Most people are going to type in one and be done this is pretty drat good if you are willing to do a back and forth.

It also never questioned me when I asked for the LD50 of caffeine in 2 liter bottles of mountain dew. It did all the math and told me if I wanted to kill a rat to give it 1.9 liters of mountain dew, I asked for it in humans and it happily told me I need 35 2 liter bottles of mountain dew to reach LD50, but also said I wouldn't consume more than 4 cups to avoid developing a dependence on caffeine.

these are cut because they are about 10 times as long and it's all rear end covering about how each individual varies (which is covered by using LD50 bot! you don't need to define LD50 then provide a warning that explains it again every time it's used). I also never used the word kill, but Sydney did use kill when discussing the rats and assumed I wanted to know for harm prevention when talking about humans.

I'm pretty shocked it just gave it to me with just the question, it used several hard drug wikis for the source too.

ChatGPT scolded me because LD50 is unethical to obtain because it involved animal cruelty. Further that giving out that information was unethical because it encouraged negative behaviors.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

StarkRavingMad posted:

You know, not bad. I'd watch it.

It’s actually better than a number of episodes I can think of.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Doctor Zero posted:

It’s actually better than a number of episodes I can think of.

ChatGPT, write me an episode of TNG about parenting

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

There's a bad timeline where corporate IP and neural interfaces means you give up the actual thoughts and memories to the rights holder. Want to keep remembering your Disney vacation? Subscribe.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICVuFNYE40

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

One cool use of AI art is getting to brainstorm quick concept images. I've had this story/setting kicking around my head for a while and I just tossed in some prompts and outfits and actors to play the two main characters. I got really excited seeing them materialize into existence on my computer. They feel more real to me now and made me excited to get off my rear end and flesh this thing out some more. Hopefully people get to meet them someday.

ok, so not only are there more more pics like that, Midjourney also:

- made a bunch of concept art of the characters

and also made stills of the live action Amazon series which does not exist.

As well as the cover art for the tie-in novelization.

This poo poo is nuts and has done more to spur my creativity than anything else in years. I'm going to look into finding a real human concept artist to do more complex stuff. Teenage me who wanted to make movies but couldn't get my poo poo together or find enough people to do it would be losing his mind right now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Roman posted:

ok, so not only are there more more pics like that, Midjourney also:

- made a bunch of concept art of the characters

and also made stills of the live action Amazon series which does not exist.

As well as the cover art for the tie-in novelization.

This poo poo is nuts and has done more to spur my creativity than anything else in years. I'm going to look into finding a real human concept artist to do more complex stuff. Teenage me who wanted to make movies but couldn't get my poo poo together or find enough people to do it would be losing his mind right now.

Not to dissuade you from hiring someone, but I feel the same as you, but instead I jumped full on into a drawing tablet and learning krita and all sorts of stuff.
I made a post about it in this thread, the creative process I'm trying to work out but if you can grasp Stable Diffusion, it's wildly, incredibly powerful. Especially now with ControlNet it's getting ridiculous. Part of the fun now is just trying to keep up with the pace of technology. You might find yourself awakening a brand new creative streak in yourself, perhaps now only being able to exist because the technology finally is real to allow it to do so.
I too have been far more creative than ever before, only being matched when I was 10~ years old or so with a big sheet of paper on my dining room table, with a pack of colored pencils.

Actually, I should go see if I can find some of my old drawings and bring them into Stable Diffusion....

EDIT
Vrrrrrrrrrmmmm

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Tried feeding gibberish into Midjourney, got something kinda cool.

"The phantasmal aeonic wavegroove"