Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

the money spent on credits goes towards arming trans women with cool weapons of warfare like flails and shurikens as well as martial arts classes

Do this as well as :filez:ing the game if you absolutely must play it. Win win.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
all billionaires are influential transphobes but not all influential transphobes are billionaires

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
starting to think olives black really is playing the game lol

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Me and my niece are playing this game. It’s her first RPG and I like talking to her about the clothes she’s discovered and hearing how excited she is to figure out puzzles on her own (she’s 9). I was never into Harry Potter at all, but now that she’s getting older she’s wanting to hang out with friends more than family and I’ll only have another 3 or 4 years left before she outgrows hanging out with her uncle.

I think having something that me and my niece are sharing and enjoying is worth more to me than the $2.50 or whatever JKR gets from my $60. I can’t fix her lovely views and she probably passively makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a day. If this makes me a bad ally then I guess I am, but that won’t change what I believe in or the future efforts I can contribute to the LGBTQ community.

That’s my take on it anyways, I’ll accept my scolding now.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

starting to think olives black really is playing the game lol

he's all but said as much by now, i think it's real progress

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Robobot posted:

Me and my niece are playing this game. It’s her first RPG and I like talking to her about the clothes she’s discovered and hearing how excited she is to figure out puzzles on her own (she’s 9). I was never into Harry Potter at all, but now that she’s getting older she’s wanting to hang out with friends more than family and I’ll only have another 3 or 4 years left before she outgrows hanging out with her uncle.

I think having something that me and my niece are sharing and enjoying is worth more to me than the $2.50 or whatever JKR gets from my $60. I can’t fix her lovely views and she probably passively makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a day. If this makes me a bad ally then I guess I am, but that won’t change what I believe in or the future efforts I can contribute to the LGBTQ community.

It makes you not an ally. Here's an informative video

https://youtu.be/uNKyQVsgKLg

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Robobot posted:

just donate to a trans charity if it really bothers you at the end of the day its a video game involved with a very lovely person but playing it does not make you a lovely person

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

starting to think

well, knock it off!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just donate to a trans charity if it really bothers you at the end of the day its a video game involved with a very lovely person but playing it does not make you a lovely person

Paying money for it, however, is a lovely thing to do.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Robobot posted:

Don't accept your scolding. Have fun with your niece. The people trying to make you feel lovely for it are terminally online weirdos who haven't had a dream that doesn't end in a locker door closing since middle school.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Don't accept your scolding. Have fun with your daughter. The people trying to make you feel lovely for it are terminally online weirdos who haven't had a dream that doesn't end in a locker door closing since middle school.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
but introducing someone so young to witchcraft? you're all okay with that?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Don't accept your scolding. Have fun with your niece. The people trying to make you feel lovely for it are terminally online weirdos who haven't had a dream that doesn't end in a locker door closing since middle school.

Incorrect. Accept your scolding, assign the proper weight to it (which will be heavier than the people hiding behind irony to tell you that it doesn't matter) and stop giving money to influential transphobes.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

olives black posted:

Incorrect. Accept your scolding, assign the proper weight to it (which will be heavier than the people hiding behind irony to tell you that it doesn't matter) and stop giving money to influential transphobes.

look, how about a little give and take? you tell how far in the game you've gotten, and then he apologizes for buying it. fair?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm gonna buy a few copies and hand them out to children along with a booklet of jk Rowling's twitter posts

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whether or not he, an individual, plays the game is in the noise. the important part is that he’s influenced uncountable others by getting the word out.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

egg_dog posted:

putting the sorting hat on my dick

"...Hufflepuff"

Jesus christ :lmao:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

but introducing someone so young to witchcraft? you're all okay with that?

I think the state should subsidize Baphomet tattoos for any 18 year old who wants one and we're not gonna get there if we don't start guiding them towards the shadows early.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

egg_dog posted:

putting the sorting hat on my dick

"...Hufflepuff"

lol

good catch thank you

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

olives black posted:

You're still directly aiding an influential transphobe in this case.

If you :filez: it, however, you are not.

How many hearts and/or minds have you won today?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I actually don’t give a crap about this game to be honest. I knew when I made this thread it would be a bunch of GBS wieners getting mad about it for pages.

That’s why I made it :twisted: :twisted:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah I know. Except it's cspam weiners for some reason.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

The only thing I’m mad about is never getting my Hogwarts letter at age 11

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Wizard Master posted:

I actually don’t give a crap about this game to be honest. I knew when I made this thread it would be a bunch of GBS wieners getting mad about it for pages.

That’s why I made it :twisted: :twisted:

You still facilitated the outing of people who have lovely opinions and did lovely things (namely, directly supporting a vile bigot with the influence to make trans people's lives more dangerous). Whether that was your intent doesn't matter.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gamers just need slogans they can connect with to motivate the right political actions

pokemon go to the polls, dumbledon't buy hogwarts

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Now kiss.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gotta hand it to hitler, he sure outed a lot of people as nazis

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

B..B..Bullying works!!!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I respect the hustle, wizard master

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Robobot posted:

Who loving cares

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Who loving cares

The trans people whose lives will be endangered by Rowling's influence, for one. Here's an informational video

olives black fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 15, 2023

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The trend of people spoiling Harry Potter invigorates me, because as a child I was on the other side of the fence where I was freaking out at people spoiling it and now I can reap the glorious schadenfreude

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

olives black posted:

The trans people whose lives will be endangered by Rowling's influence, for one. Here's an informational video

Hey bitch was I talking to or about you? Go gently caress your Keurig.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I support not playing this game because Harry Potter is for fuckin losers.

Lemon Trees
Dec 19, 2022

Cool Cucumber
I'm going on reddit and having a blast PMing spoilers. Eat poo poo fuckers

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

bitch if you're claiming the high road dont give me this deflective bullshit

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I thought olives black was 3 olives lol but the keurig loving can still proceed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hey bitch was I talking to or about you? Go gently caress your Keurig.

You were talking to everyone in the thread by posting in it. That's how forum threads work.