Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

after the final season Voyager rear end pull of the Seven/Chakotay romance they must have decided that all her relationships should make no sense

That was less of an rear end pull and more of a give in to Robert Beltran's outlandish demands.

He wanted out of voyager but didn't want to quit. So he started making more outlandish demands thinking they'd just fire him. Instead they just gave him what he was asking for because for some reason they thought they just couldn't do without chakote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Every scene starts with me putting on a pair of sick shades and emo-holding Seven like we're teens."

"...done."

"We'll also be walking around with our hands in each other's back pockets and I will smoke clove cigarettes."

"There's no pockets on--"

"Put em on. And Chakotay has his own double-length shuttle, that Paris acknowledges with a line outclasses the Delta Flyer, and a cowboy having a shootout with a Cardassian at noon is airbrushed on the side and-"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

CainFortea posted:

That was less of an rear end pull and more of a give in to Robert Beltran's outlandish demands.

He wanted out of voyager but didn't want to quit. So he started making more outlandish demands thinking they'd just fire him. Instead they just gave him what he was asking for because for some reason they thought they just couldn't do without chakote

Nobody wants to work anymore

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

"Every scene starts with me putting on a pair of sick shades and emo-holding Seven like we're teens."

"...done."

"We'll also be walking around with our hands in each other's back pockets and I will smoke clove cigarettes."

"There's no pockets on--"

"Put em on. And Chakotay has his own double-length shuttle, that Paris acknowledges with a line outclasses the Delta Flyer, and a cowboy having a shootout with a Cardassian at noon is airbrushed on the side and-"

*exhausted production assistant* sir, he wants us to replace the show's theme music with... well... *unfolds paper napkin with the Shaft theme song written out on it, except every mention of "Shaft" is replaced with "Chakotay"*

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

davidspackage posted:

*exhausted production assistant* sir, he wants us to replace the show's theme music with... well... *unfolds paper napkin with the Shaft theme song written out on it, except every mention of "Shaft" is replaced with "Chakotay"*

That's...that's too many syllables! It's impossible! Tell him well change the name of species 8472 to species 69420 instead.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I read somewhere that Riker and Picard will have a "spicier" relationship on the Picard show. I think that just means they yell at each more, though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

It just means that riker has a more powerful limit break

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I read somewhere that Riker and Picard will have a "spicier" relationship on the Picard show. I think that just means they yell at each more, though.

I was hoping for tongue kisses

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

They gonna gently caress

Robot Picard confirmed fully functional

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Brent Spiner looked like he was back in the Data makeup in the trailer. I wonder how they're gonna get around Picard killing him in Season 1. B4 finally starts working? Lore turns over a new leaf?

It's great all the characters in Picard want to die. Data asks to be deleted, Picard wants to make extra sure his new robot body isn't immortal, Elnor brings a sword to every phaser fight

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
S3 ending spoiler: Riker and Picard start a loving relationship with the full blessing and support of Troi and they all live together in a luxury cabin making pizzas for the rest of their lives

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

S3 ending spoiler: Riker and Picard start a loving relationship with the full blessing and support of Troi and they all live together in a luxury cabin making pizzas for the rest of their lives

Picard will make Riker dock his saucer section once again.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Deanna: This is great, Will. I'm really enjoying this.
Riker: (wearily) Me too, Imzadi...
Picard: Me too, (leaning in, waggling brows) Imzadis.
Deanna: Will, I sense you are irrit--
Riker: I AM F-- (pause) I am fine.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I could see them making Riker bisexual just for the hell of it and this is the Picard show so it would be with one casual line of dialogue like remember when you were dating Ensign Thunderpenis?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I could see them making Riker bisexual just for the hell of it and this is the Picard show so it would be with one casual line of dialogue like remember when you were dating Ensign Thunderpenis?

Frakes would be down for it because he wanted Soren to be played by a male actor:

"Clearly, the character who […] fell in love with Riker or vice versa should have been played by a man, and the people at the studio didn't have the guts to cast a man."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Frakes would be down for it because he wanted Soren to be played by a male actor:

"Clearly, the character who […] fell in love with Riker or vice versa should have been played by a man, and the people at the studio didn't have the guts to cast a man."

Didn't one of the executive producers literally yell "ew no! riker is not gay!"

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"He had a name. It was Sam Lavelle."

(Yes, I know he was a Lt. JG.)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Riker should be full "Captain Jack Harkness, it's the future and aliens have their own separate ideas of genders so lets just have some fun" pansexual.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CainFortea posted:

Didn't one of the executive producers literally yell "ew no! riker is not gay!"

Frakes gets nose-to-nose with them.

"No, Riker isn't gay. Riker, is Riker."

He kisses the tip of the EP's nose.

"Get it 'straight'"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Frakes gets nose-to-nose with them.

"No, Riker isn't gay. Riker, is Riker."

He kisses the tip of the EP's nose.

"Get it 'straight'"

Will Riker is a Navy Man and firm believer in the rule of "It's not gay if it's underway."

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 15, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Riker is playing soap opera while everyone else is playing space opera.

naem
May 29, 2011

everyone knows that if a character on a star trek were gay that would be their one defining trait and it would be constantly referenced and they’d wear a different uniform, and their one episode B plot

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

naem posted:

everyone knows that if a character on a star trek were gay that would be their one defining trait and it would be constantly referenced and they’d wear a different uniform, and their one episode B plot

They'd kill the boyfriend but bring him back as a mushroom person.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

*Lily, looking startled as Worf helps her out of a Jeffries tube*

Worf: I am a gay

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

Kurtzman said the season would take its time showing where each character is before bringing them all together,[22] which Matalas compared to Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

:ughh:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hey cool, the worst fuckin trope!

naem
May 29, 2011

*the corpses of dozens of dozens of beloved characters that we will never ever ever get to see again ever*

*sitting up abruptly in a spray of bodily fluids*

*looking directly at camera

“It’s like poetry, it rhymes!”

*death rattle*

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Also lol at the way this is worded:

quote:

After Spiner decided that he would not portray his Next Generation character Data again after the first season,[34] Matalas said he would play a "new old character that you have seen and never seen before" that connects to the plot of the third season.[1] This was revealed in October 2022 to be a version of the android Lore, Data's evil twin.[6]

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I love new old characters not like those fake old new characters

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Brent Spiner is Lore, but Lore has been possessed by Ihat from “Masks” who is currently in conflict with Moriarty, and Moriarty was merged with Crystalline Entity Jr. who is in an alliance with Tin Man who is being chased by Commander Sela who has recently been assimilated by the Borg

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Endless Trash posted:

Brent Spiner is Lore, but Lore has been possessed by Ihat from “Masks” who is currently in conflict with Moriarty, and Moriarty was merged with Crystalline Entity Jr. who is in an alliance with Tin Man who is being chased by Commander Sela who has recently been assimilated by the Borg

I would forgive Matalas for everything if S3 just became a follow-up to Masks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Also calling it now: Geordie dies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Started watching TOS from the start, and I think (so far, only like 4 episodes in so maybe it changes a lot) Nemoy's interpretation of Vulcans is much better than anyone who followed. Spock talks about making decisions based on logic, not emotions, but his line reads still have emotion to them. Everyone else who plays Vulcans in later shows plays them like they're basically robots and it's boring as gently caress (looking at you Tuvok).

I remember Spock being more of a robot Vulcan in the movies, maybe everyone playing Vulcans in later series were doing Movie Spock rather than TV Spock.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I would argue Tuvok is showing plenty of emotion - it’s just that it’s seething rage and annoyance at all times. Same with T’Pol, whose line reads pretty much always had an undercurrent of an exasperated “jesus christ I’m on a ship full of idiots”.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

God, everything I see Terry Matalas say and do makes him sound like he's just the dumbest, most gormless asswipe in Hollywood. A real room temperature (Celsius) IQ prick who tripped and failed into every job he's ever gotten.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Riker isn't "gay", because that would imply anybody in the 24th century is "straight."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Riker isn't "gay", because that would imply anybody in the 24th century is "straight."

Also Riker and Troi are totally the open marriage/polycule/pansexual types. The moments they're on screen are the only times in their lives when they're not relentlessly loving everyone around one another and/or each other.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is Picard season 3 ignoring the threat established in season 2's last episode, the big green laser beam thing?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is Picard season 3 ignoring the threat established in season 2's last episode, the big green laser beam thing?

Every new season of Picard completely erases whatever dumb poo poo happened in the previous season, so I'd stake money on it, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

nine-gear crow posted:

Every new season of Picard completely erases whatever dumb poo poo happened in the previous season, so I'd stake money on it, yes.
"A friendly Borg faction whose Queen is my friend Agnes Jurati, you say? Who asked to join the Federation and volunteered to protect the quadrant from a mysterious and dangerous spatial rift containing an as-yet unidentified threat?...No, doesn't ring any bells."