Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dawww... I need me a Lil' Isaac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/horrorvisuals/status/1625457856697835520?t=DgS4NqvVemGrjQDhcCgUcw&s=19

Happy Valentines day thread

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Isaac, make us wool again.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Sorta horror related, did Bloodborne get patched to be easier after launch?

The last time I played was at release and I was hoooooooorrible at it, thought it was the most difficult thing in the world, and I'm pretty sure I beat a lot of bosses by spending so much time dying that the unpatched memory leaks caused them to stand in a corner and spam the same attack at nothing, over and over again.

Recently I started my second playthrough and I'm actually stomping most stuff without having to overlevel. I got Martyr Logarius in four attempts, which is insane to me. I was playing it on a crappy little Walmart special lcd television at the time, so I'm sure it had atrocious lag and that had something to do with it, but I can't imagine it was THAT bad..

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
No but if you've played Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, and/or Elden Ring since you've basically been in the From Software equivalent of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

SkeletonHero posted:

No but if you've played Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, and/or Elden Ring since you've basically been in the From Software equivalent of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

haha, fair enough

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I found Bloodborne much easier than Dark Souls but I suspect it's partly because every encounter could be designed around 'you are a fast as hell murder machine that dodges a lot' since that could be assumed of all characters.

Also because I'd already played Dark Souls.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All modern From games kind of share the same internal logic so playing through one will automatically make the others easier.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bloodborne is just Goth Souls.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m excited…for Fatal Frame.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fatal Same

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
You know those horror games where you have to manage your blinks or the bad guy will move when you do?

And you know that the PSVR 2 can do eye tracking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGLfgoM2l4&t=150s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Morpheus posted:

You know those horror games where you have to manage your blinks or the bad guy will move when you do?

And you know that the PSVR 2 can do eye tracking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNGLfgoM2l4&t=150s

Oh god. That's pretty creative, and also probably not for me :ohdear:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

We discovered that sitting too close to the TV doesn't actually damage your eyesight so we had to find a new method

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Think of how many anime games can now shame the player for looking upskirt.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Anime game Resident Evil 4

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bogart posted:

Anime game Resident Evil 4

i feel like we've progressed enough as a society that ashley's 100% going to have modesty shorts on this time around

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Vermain posted:

i feel like we've progressed enough as a society that ashley's 100% going to have modesty shorts on this time around

Based on the last gameplay video she's wearing what appears to be like a skirt in the front and shorts in the rear, I don't know what those are called, with solid leggings.

If Twitter wasn't a wasteland I would fully expect a "my vagina bones!" discourse.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

al-azad posted:

Based on the last gameplay video she's wearing what appears to be like a skirt in the front and shorts in the rear, I don't know what those are called, with solid leggings.

"modesty shorts" in this context are a skirt with attached shorts underneath, so you put 'em on like a pair of pants and get the benefits of both without the discomfort of overlapping waistbands

i've seen cutaway skirts with similarly attached shorts but that's a kind of punk aesthetic that feels outside of ashley's fashion wheelhouse

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
As a member of the "gym shorts under skirt" squad, :cheers:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The early 2000s really are coming back, aren't they.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Skort is the preferred nomenclature.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

al-azad posted:

If Twitter wasn't a wasteland I would fully expect a "my vagina bones!" discourse.

I think those are called Culottes

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I've always heard the term 'skorts' used.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If you've got PlayStation PS+ Extra, The Quarry (along with Resident Evil 7) is going to be free this month

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Quarry is a fun ride, I enjoyed it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s pretty up and down in quality imo. Kinda rocky

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

oldpainless posted:

It’s pretty up and down in quality imo. Kinda rocky

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol, every time that game comes up it takes me a bit to remember that there's another meaning to the word aside from the place you dig out rocks.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, every time that game comes up it takes me a bit to remember that there's another meaning to the word aside from the place you dig out rocks.

.....gently caress

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

man nurse posted:

I’m excited…for Fatal Frame.

:same:

What's the ghost that scared ya the most over the series? Or ones you just like for other reasons?

Long-arm Man from FF1 is hosed up and scary, and Blinded from 2 was upsetting as well (both her backstory "IT HURTS", plus blind enemies in games always freak me out). The girl in the apartment in 3 is :stare: absolutely Not Okay. I think the severed lady's head flying around in 1 is goofy and not scary, and the tall lady in 5 is badass. I've never played 4 but am looking forward to it!

Thank you for listening to my video game ghost opinions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blinded in 2, actually scary to fight, the loving monks in the first game.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

FreudianSlippers posted:

Bloodborne is just Goth Souls.

Which is why it's the best one.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I knew a Mandalore vid would be coming for it at some point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9bTqZQErM

Points out a lot of neat little touches, like how health level impacts dialogue delivery.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 18, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Found an interview with the producer/director of the upcoming Fatal Frame remaster

https://noisypixel.net/fatal-frame-mask-of-the-lunar-eclipse-interview/

Pretty cool, nothing new really but if the remaster sells well they "may be able to meet interest" in a new entry

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pretty sure they said something similar with the remaster of Maiden of Black Water. I can see them bringing the Wii remake of 2 to modern systems at least and... much like Metal Gear Solid 3, there exists modern assets that could be used for a remake of 1, which have only featured in a pachislot of all things. So yeah.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That's dire

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

I knew a Mandalore vide would be coming for it at some point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9bTqZQErM

Points out a lot of neat little touches, like how health level impacts dialogue delivery.

This is so weird. I'm in chapter 9 and have never heard Isaac bitch like a dad when he runs out of ammo or stomps a bunch on a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

This is so weird. I'm in chapter 9 and have never heard Isaac bitch like a dad when he runs out of ammo or stomps a bunch on a corpse.

i believe the ammo swearing only occurs if you run out of all ammo for every weapon, and the stomp swearing requires something like 5-6+ simultaneous stomps to trigger