Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And it was a much better, gayer show than Hercules. We need a recast Cara Dune going on big butch adventures.

Just replace her with Lucy Lawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Azhais posted:

Just replace her with Lucy Lawless

She's 65 years old, I dunno

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mdemone posted:

She's 65 years old, I dunno

54!

e: vvv She's 5 years older than me and I've known this forever :colbert:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You had to look it up though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lucy Lawless was great on Ash vs Evil Dead, she can play some hardass ex-Separatist turned Rebel

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Literally just pull a when TC on Magnum PI died and mention that Cara Dune was killed then have Lucy Lawless come in as someone named Cora Dane that has the same the exact same backstory and abilities.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lucy Lawless in Star Wars would be awesome honestly (she is still acting right?)

Somewhat related, wasn’t it mentioned a while back that Christopher Lloyd would have some role in Mando Season 3?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Larryb posted:

Lucy Lawless in Star Wars would be awesome honestly (she is still acting right?)

Somewhat related, wasn’t it mentioned a while back that Christopher Lloyd would have some role in Mando Season 3?

Pretty sure she's said her current role in My Life is Murder is going to be her last.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Pretty sure she's said her current role in My Life is Murder is going to be her last.

Sure, until she gets a call from her agent telling her Disney wants to cast her as Glup Shitto for an astronomical amount of money.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Larryb posted:

There's that word again, the force. Why are things so force. Is there a problem with the Tatooine's gravitational pull?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Larryb posted:

Found it:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/mandalorian-season-3-casts-christopher-lloyd-1235112715/

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

theflyingexecutive posted:

Watching Mando again and holy lol the dark trooper dubstep music. Andor has fully ruined me because this back half of S2 is full on regression to the mean, design by committee, back door pilot Disney bullshit at its finest.

It's been like that from the beginning, in case you've forgotten the whole thing where the villain's goal was to make Snoke clones for Zombie Palpatine. That plus stoking fan hype/speculation with Boba Fett's mystery boots and the black laser-sword.

Manderlorian has always had the problem that the overarching narrative is boring/lovely. Like, the overall story is about "bringing law and order to the wild west", which translates to everyone becoming some species of cop.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Manderlorian has always had the problem that the overarching narrative is boring/lovely. Like, the overall story is about "bringing law and order to the wild west", which translates to everyone becoming some species of cop.

I was hoping that the Marshall's series would be about the X-Wing pilots who keep loving with Mando. They were cool and gave us one of the funniest last words from an antagonist in the saga, "Hey, are those X-Wings?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Christopher Lloyd has history working with outer space bounty hunters.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

mllaneza posted:

I was hoping that the Marshall's series would be about the X-Wing pilots who keep loving with Mando. They were cool and gave us one of the funniest last words from an antagonist in the saga, "Hey, are those X-Wings?"

Mando getting pulled over by New Republic X-Wing cops for expired tabs is exactly the kind of mundane bullshit I want in my Star Wars.

A lovely sci-fi shade of Terry Gilliam’s Brazil.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Arc Hammer posted:

If I want to watch Filoni Wars I watch his Clone Wars stuff and I personally feel that not everything needs to have a cameo.

It feels fresh enough to me because I never got into Clone Wars to begin with (could never get past that weird marionette-style character design)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Gonz posted:

Mando getting pulled over by New Republic X-Wing cops for expired tabs is exactly the kind of mundane bullshit I want in my Star Wars.

It's a real shame that we'll never get Reno 911 but with X-Wings.

NGL, I'd have ever other poster in this thread disintegrated to get that show made. Sorry not sorry.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Cara Dune had been in 3 episodes before that story and was (until Carano's shittiness came out) a fan-favourite character. People wanted more of her and wanted to see more about the post-RotJ period.

It feels like a pretty natural way to expand the universe.

I liked the character. So few of the Rebel characters are something other than fighter pilot, senior leadership, or space wizard. A run of the mill, if above average skilled, rank and file paratrooper is an interesting character.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

mllaneza posted:

Gonz posted:

Really, the lesson is that that stuff isn't the mundane bullshit.

The mundane bullshit, the nadir of Manderlorian (outside of the whole Booka show), is Lil Yoda using a magic rock to contact Luke Skywalker while Boba Fett defends him against "DARK TROOPERS" because of the aforementioned secret Imperial plot to retcon the Sequel Trilogy into being moderately more coherent. And it's where the series just automatically ends up unless you steer away from it. Like, again, that's the entire plot of the first two seasons. There's a gravitational pull towards unfun schlock.

But that's not to get too fixated on the plot content, since the real issue is narrative. What sets Andor apart is that it's largely without sequel hooks and end-of-episode cliffhangers. We can intuit that Mon Mothma and the sister character will have more to do in the final season, for example, but the series isn't hinging on that promise. If they never show up again, that's fine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God this season is a loving nothing burger. 1 good episode. Jesus.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gonz posted:

Christopher Lloyd has history working with outer space bounty hunters.

Well here's one that slipped past my radar.

What a loving concept

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Well here's one that slipped past my radar.

What a loving concept

It’s the source of the “I was frozen today!” meme if I recall correctly, don’t remember if the movie itself was any good though.

Come to think of it, Christopher Lloyd would probably make a decent live action Hondo to be honest

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56IjFHnJFnA

Keep food out of force pull range

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

lol this clip feels tailor made for people who didn't watch Book of Boba Fett and were complaining when that last trailer came out.

"Yes, I have Grogu again. It's complicated. He came back. Also, my people are mad at me for removing my helmet. Everybody got that?!"

edit: Also, drat, they keep finding new ways to make Grogu adorable. The chair spinning? :3:

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 15, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Grogu is awesome. :colbert:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I hope Carl Weathers becomes a bit villainous. He's always been kind of shady (why is he a "disgraced" magistrate anyway?), but now that he's literally out there gentrifying the planet, it could be interesting to see what might happen if he starts displacing people who can no longer afford to live there, and tries using his affability and friendship with Mando to protect him from being targeted by those he's harming.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Robot Style posted:

I hope Carl Weathers becomes a bit villainous. He's always been kind of shady (why is he a "disgraced" magistrate anyway?), but now that he's literally out there gentrifying the planet, it could be interesting to see what might happen if he starts displacing people who can no longer afford to live there, and tries using his affability and friendship with Mando to protect him from being targeted by those he's harming.

This sounds like a plot for book of bobba and would let fett run a protection racket, aka do a crime

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

AndyElusive posted:

Grogu is awesome. :colbert:

exCUSe me his name is baby yoda

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Baby Yaddle

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

His name is Star Wars cause he’s pretty much Star Wars now.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's been like that from the beginning, in case you've forgotten the whole thing where the villain's goal was to make Snoke clones for Zombie Palpatine. That plus stoking fan hype/speculation with Boba Fett's mystery boots and the black laser-sword.

You have never been more correct about anything. Mandalorian is not a good show, it’s been an irritating nothing story with bad characters from the beginning.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Robot Style posted:

I hope Carl Weathers becomes a bit villainous. He's always been kind of shady (why is he a "disgraced" magistrate anyway?)

Disgraced doesn't mean villainous. It could mean something like he picked the wrong contractor who failed to build a new fuel depot at the cost they agreed to.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Somehow, Grogu returned

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Colonel Whitey posted:

You have never been more correct about anything. Mandalorian is not a good show, it’s been an irritating nothing story with bad characters from the beginning.

To walk things back a bit, though: The Manderlorian / Manderlorian: The Book Of Boba Fett is a bad show when viewed in its totality. However, it becomes a pretty good show if you follow the 'SMG Method' and skip every episode in which the characters Boba Fett and/or Cara Dune appear. This nixes a couple fan favorites, but makes it less like 'Marvel Studios TV' and more like Samurai Jack.

(It remains to be seen what can be made of season 3.)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

God this season is a loving nothing burger. 1 good episode. Jesus.

Reading this post I was expecting something truly dire this week but lol nope that was actually a decent character-development-focused story for Tech and Omega.

They also continue to just kill it with the visuals for this show:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 16, 2023

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Reading this post I was expecting something truly dire this week but lol nope that was actually a decent character-development-focused story for Echo and Omega.

They also continue to just kill it with the visuals for this show:

That shot really is beautiful.

Tech was a real prick for most of that episode. Seemed worse than usual.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIhOqoSuSfU

It just gets worse every time I see it. It doesn't help that Indira Varma was also on Game of Thrones as the mother of Bad Pussy, she of the worst fight scene in that show's history.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffVP9N7bCGs

gently caress... I havent watched Obi Wan scenes since the show came out but good lord is it poorly shot. Hold the loving camera still.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 16, 2023

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

gently caress... I havent watched Obi Wan scenes since the show came out but good lord is it poorly shot. Hold the loving camera still.

Everyone in that scene is absolutely crawling at the slowest possible pace so they had to add handheld camera movement to make it seem like things were happening.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I didnt like this last episode of bad batch. I get what they are trying to do but the ship getting stolen seemed to be a something dictated by the plot and not something an elite group of comandos would let happen.