Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

O wait you thought Flanders red was a wine lol it’s a kind of Belgian farmhouse beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hey diddly-ho posterino

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

smoka seems to think everything i do is within some kind of suburb cul-de-sac where the worst crime that happens is some guy occasionaly double parking

I live in a legit bad murder area and I can't talk about it without doxing myself

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i thought you lived in edmonton next to that slumlords thing

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I live in a legit bad murder area and I can't talk about it without doxing myself

didnt someone post that theres actually more murder per capita where i am than where you are or something

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my wife was telling me about some onion headline she thought was funny so I showed her my favorite one and now i can’t stop laughing

https://www.theonion.com/scientists-successfully-teach-gorilla-it-will-die-somed-1819594897

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i thought you lived in edmonton next to that slumlords thing

the slumlord is dead now, he got shot in the head again. that's all I can say

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i also work in a warehouse. it loving sucks. not much of a yosposter though.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i searched for edmonton slumlord shot and i got abdullah shah as the dudes name

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i used to work in a warehouse as a certified forklift driver and also a die cast machine operator.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i searched for edmonton slumlord shot and i got abdullah shah as the dudes name

cool name ngl

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah that’s me.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
alias carmen pervez, which is much less cool imo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Other than rat poo poo duty I love the warehouse side. Luckily it’s another new guy’s turn this week

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

cool name ngl

aka carmen pervez, he was not a person people liked

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

my wife was telling me about some onion headline she thought was funny so I showed her my favorite one and now i can’t stop laughing

https://www.theonion.com/scientists-successfully-teach-gorilla-it-will-die-somed-1819594897

Lmfao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

alias miguel sanchez, which is much less cool imo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I heard him get shot lol. it's the "fireworks or gunshots" thing here

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
looked pretty intimidating. definitely could play a villain in a racist bush-era terrorism cop film

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tony soprano meets ted cruz meets ben kingsley

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

looked pretty intimidating. definitely could play a villain in a racist bush-era terrorism cop film

I saw him all the time, he was out and about. he had an army of bmx kids. lots of shootings and arson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-504g71bBE0

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

paul blart villain

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Fortaleza posted:

I work for hourly wage in a warehouse hauling 50 pound bags of malt you useless little goblin

uhh wasn't this a willing change you made after you left computer touching?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...Fg%2F11crrlpvhn

so this is where dude was gunned down? that neighborhood sure looks rough.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think that was his house, not the slum he owned

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

paul blart villain

he was legit scary, everyone knew him. he got shot in the face and then someone did a real drive by and he's dead now

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i think that was his house, not the slum he owned

then how did smoka hear the gunshots

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nudgenudgetilt posted:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...Fg%2F11crrlpvhn

so this is where dude was gunned down? that neighborhood sure looks rough.

yeah the garbage can out front is where smoka lives lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im the alan gee bench

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

nudgenudgetilt posted:

then how did smoka hear the gunshots

lmao do you think slumlords live in their slums

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he was legit scary, everyone knew him. he got shot in the face and then someone did a real drive by and he's dead now

i remember you talking about the first time he got shot but survived. heavy poo poo.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lmao do you think slumlords live in their slums

no, but you said you heard the gunshots, and that was the address he was shot at

mystes
May 31, 2006

nudgenudgetilt posted:

no, but you said you heard the gunshots, and that was the address he was shot at

quote:

Last August, Shah was shot in the jaw at one of his inner-city properties but recovered after a stay in hospital.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/fatal-shooting-shah-landlord-home-1.6384363

The second time he was shot near his house

Presumably Smoka was talking about the first time.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

maybe “inner city properties” are some kind of internal organ we don’t know about yet.

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

maybe “inner city properties” are some kind of internal organ we don’t know about yet.
Sort of a Stringer Bell situation. Done in by his inner-city attributes that he's so close to escaping.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

President Beep posted:

theyd have to be near the jaw. an old fashioned term for the lymph nodes, maybe

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mystes posted:

Sort of a Stringer Bell situation. Done in by his inner-city attributes that he's so close to escaping.

really makes one think

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

theyd have to be near the jaw. an old fashioned term for the lymph nodes, maybe

there we go. they’re where yellow bile comes from or some poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

of course your idea of the poor and slums is The Wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

of course your idea of the poor and slums is The Wire

is that what it’s from? I thought it was charles dickens or some poo poo