Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangadex.org/chapter/90db7e84-9be6-4cec-b228-5ed2d2133d15/1

Time for a showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
New chapter is up.

Man, wordplay just does not translate, does it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't get what they were trying to say about the hammer. If they just said nobody can match her speed with it it'd make perfect sense.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, hats off to the translators. Bet this one was a real nightmare to get through.

Of course nega Komi goes it alone when the going gets tough, while Komi works with her friends to succeed. Big fan of what they're doing this arc.

Edit::Regarding the hammer, that character being unbeatable at a type of rock paper scissors that uses that hammer was a plot point. They're showing they already set up she would be that fast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Edit::Regarding the hammer, that character being unbeatable at a type of rock paper scissors that uses that hammer was a plot point. They're showing they already set up she would be that fast.

Yes I get that. I mean the numbered step by step explanation of it in the third panel.

So she hit the button, picked up the hammer and then hit it again? That's where I'm confused.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is she going to pick up the hammer and then hit the button with the hammer or just hitting the button and then picking up the hammer to make it look like she used the hammer to do it? Or, to put it another way, is the (1) in that picture showing her hitting the button or Kawai hitting the button, and then the following steps are her reacting? Cause either way, you'd imagine it'd just be easier to hit the button and not involve the hammer at all. Which is presumably just to keep to her theme, since I assume her name was something to do with hammer and rock, paper, scissors? Either way, weird. Also weird that after a couple of questions, all the following questions involve a twist on the initial impression but Yuushushin's team never picked up that maybe they shouldn't buzz until the question is finished. Or at least until a question part is actually started, i.e wait for the "but" part. Still, lots of cute pomfing faces in this chapter so gently caress it, who cares how silly the quiz is. The school president's "Yo yo" interview was a fun gag too.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think the enumerated list with the hammer is to drive home the joke that somehow that character can pick up a hammer, swing it, and make contact with the button all before Kawai can push a button that her hand is already resting on.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Yeah, the (1) is Kawai going to hit the button. It would be easier to just hit the button herself, but that wouldn't be a joke or a callback.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Step one: see trigger for hammer
Step two: trigger hammer
Step three: hammer
Step four: HAMMER

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well I didn't get it, if I were to laugh the left side's numbers should've been labeled .2 .4 .7 instead :colbert:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e5e3be8a-c22a-4fd1-8928-1cdb2b4bf467

Conclusion of the quiz showdown.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh poo poo no friends.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Annointed posted:

Oh poo poo no friends.

Not surprising really; she's a Komi who bought into the hype about how perfect she is while obsessing over making herself fit that image, so of course she never paid attention to anyone else beyond being perfectly nice to them on a completely superficial level.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Got a hearty dark lol at Komi thinking Kawai's about to attempt suicide and tackling her to stop her

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Annointed posted:

Oh poo poo no friends.
She really is literally Nega-Komi. Running at 110% self-confidence at all times, can communicate but doesn’t want to, has no friends and wants none.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

CapnAndy posted:

She really is literally Nega-Komi. Running at 110% self-confidence at all times, can communicate but doesn’t want to, has no friends and wants none.

The little sniffle at the end of this chapter might indicate otherwise.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangadex.org/chapter/334b5cb5-4bab-4b2a-9ddf-833836532821/1

2 New chapters

Tadano shows up at the best/worst time

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Komi with the brutal finisher at the end. lmao

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alacron posted:

Tadano shows up at the best/worst time

He has a quite a knack for it, huh?

Wittgen posted:

Komi with the brutal finisher at the end. lmao

At this point, it doesn't matter if they kiss or anything, the highlight of Tadano's night now is gonna be digging his collection of dragon shirts out of the back of his closet

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

He has a quite a knack for it, huh?

At this point, it doesn't matter if they kiss or anything, the highlight of Tadano's night now is gonna be digging his collection of dragon shirts out of the back of his closet

Get a feeling so complicated when he remembers that time he was gagged and tied up in a closest.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Kawai-san confirmed as nega-Komi. Some good faces in this chapter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oh no. :getin:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shousuke, run. run now.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I don't see there being much of an issue between Kawai and Shousuke, they actually seem somewhat similar. Similar enough that I can picture Tadano Hitomi also totally toying with Kawai too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

I don't see there being much of an issue between Kawai and Shousuke, they actually seem somewhat similar. Similar enough that I can picture Tadano Hitomi also totally toying with Kawai too.

Shousuke's being haunted by Tadano's inverse personality sister.

Now there's an inverse of Komi too. This could become a problem for someone who doesn't want people to bother him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I have to hand it to the former student council president for making her blatant rigging of the quiz bowl look legitimate by choosing a category of questions that Kawai really should know the answers to but doesn't.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

lmao at this new chapter. Just lmao

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully the author isn't a coward this time.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Do it author have Komi Nega Komi Tadano and Manbagi all in one marriage pile

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Annointed posted:

Do it author have Komi Nega Komi Tadano and Manbagi all in one marriage pile

Komi-San Can't Communicate But Is One Of The 100 Wives Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You

also lmao at the faces of Tadano's mom and sister

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
At least she'll get up to 100 friends before third year ends. Kawai-san is a package deal, you get her and her lackeys.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Local genius solves love triangle.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She's gonna be so annoyed when Rumiko gets in there first

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kawaii confirmed strongest character in this manga. Meets Komi, spends (I don't know how long this arc was in days) 2 months in her company immediately asks to marry her.

She's built completely different from all the fans that stood by too scared to talk to her for 3 years.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
How strong does that make Tadano, who has confessed to both of them?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SpacePig posted:

How strong does that make Tadano, who has confessed to both of them?

Average, by definition

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Hmm. Fair. Genuinely forgot that.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SpacePig posted:

Hmm. Fair. Genuinely forgot that.

Jokes aside I always felt like its a very important theme of the comic that being average can in fact be exceptional, and not just because Tadano lives in a context where everyone's extreme. Everyone's extreme but Tadano actually listens to people around him. He is exceptionally empathetic and patient, and that's some real great strength IMO.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's also one of the only people in the entire manga who doesn't objectify/deify Komi and Kawai; at least once he actually befriended them. Which even Kawai is kind of doing with Komi now, learning everything factual about her and trying to make Komi conform to what suits Kawai's view and life rather than actually getting to know Komi as a person and accepting her as she is. Manbagi might be the only other character who's done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's always marriage isn't it