Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there some difficulty modifier, why are some quests like one point above one of the difficulty levels for a song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Oh my god what is this star levelling nonsense I will never be done with this game.

Edit: While I am grousing I am annoyed that unlocking series access isn't like the demo. I don't really want to have to do the entire ff1 catalog all in one go!

Edit: I got a title key before finishing ff1, maybe it was just because I started with ff14 and had already nabbed the key in the demo, but then couldn't use the leftover key I had carried over.
t is

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 16, 2023

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Failboattootoot posted:

Oh my god what is this star levelling nonsense I will never be done with this game.

That's a good thing. Plus we'll have DLC tracks for a while so the game having some serious longevity is good. I spent so much time on the previous two games.

I probably will only be getting the TWEWY pack but this is probably gonna be one of the games I sink the most time into on the Switch, I imagine.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh there are some more unit types than the five in the demo. yuna2 is a support and rydia is a summoner

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

These are the Gullwings, right

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I fell asleep before midnight and now I have to go to work. Havent gotten to play the full game yet :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently I have to now clear 6 series in order to unlock another? Whoops. At least FF2 won't take long!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Game is great. Would play dancing mad again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did some multiplayer and the first proficard i traded is +70% collectacard drops lol

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Having a good time but I will add my own petty gripe re: FFVIII characters. Three bad guys and two party members, really? To hell with Seifer, Laguna and Ultimecia - I want Zell & Selphie! I would also settle for Quistis. You can keep Irvine.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Saw a loading screen tip about there being a daily song you can do for bonus rhythmia. How do I find out what this daily song is?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I can tell the difference between the songs that I'm like "oh yeah I remember that one" and the ones that I can feel in my bones

Game owns

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Oh, poopie!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A shame multiplayer is BMS only, otherwise I'd throw Ink Long Dry at everyone. That track plays fast and loose with tempo.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, because I don’t see Galuf.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Labyrinth of Ancients hosed me up with how slow it was.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Woke up a little early so I finished FF2 and then did some of MQ. Think I'll work on 3 and 4 after work.

Game owns.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Started with XV and already ran into problems because I don't do enough damage to kill Deadeye. Guess I'll... grind?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Failboattootoot posted:

Saw a loading screen tip about there being a daily song you can do for bonus rhythmia. How do I find out what this daily song is?

I remember seeing a list somewhere in game that showed (what I think was) popular songs of the day that people were playing. Maybe the daily song is in there? I think it was in the encyclopedia section.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It'd definitely be in the free play area and not the series quest stuff, at least

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Maybe it’s me but the audio on some of these tracks sound like low quality mp3s. The loops on some of them too seem really bad like a lot of the ff2 songs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why does FF2 have the crazy-short Chocobo theme but not the awesome final dungeon music?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/yamadaaaarrrr/status/1625940711408562176?s=20

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Failboattootoot posted:

if you go into the Music Stages menu, some songs will be marked as being "Today's Top Hit". Play those ones. There's five per day, they're totally random and they just go off your system clock. You get a trophy if you full combo all five in one day.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bruceski posted:

A shame multiplayer is BMS only, otherwise I'd throw Ink Long Dry at everyone. That track plays fast and loose with tempo.

You let other people play with your BMs? Gross.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What exactly is rhythmia used for again? Haven't had a chance to play yet but I never figured out what it was for in the demo (just that it capped me off).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its not 'used' for anything it just awards you stuff as number goes up

am i right that you dont have to do anything to star rank characters past 99, you just keep levelling them up?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

if you go into the Music Stages menu, some songs will be marked as being "Today's Top Hit". Play those ones. There's five per day, they're totally random and they just go off your system clock. You get a trophy if you full combo all five in one day.

Ah cool, I saw that screen but didn't think it was related. Was also very surprised to see so much ff13 music up at the top at the time. It's good music, just not what I would expect to top the chart.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I realize people haven't had time to figure out the meta yet, but it certainly seems that a variety of party members is necessary for some levels whereas Curtain Call you had a "perfect" party of who had the highest STR in your party which for me was Cloud, Paine, Auron and... someone else I can't remember, same for FMS.

This at least has different scenarios / weaknesses to mix up the parties a bit.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

drat, they don't lie when they say the triggers will be faster

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

those triggers do be schmovin

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

BisbyWorl posted:

drat, they don't lie when they say the triggers will be faster

They seem to make up for it by having the faster charts be simpler than usual. Through the Maelstrom was a breeze.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
All of you being unable to post Theatrhythm is enough to make me pull the trigger.

So is the Switch version any good or do I get it on PS4

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

All of you being unable to post Theatrhythm is enough to make me pull the trigger.

Only issue I've had on switch has been my right joycon missing a left input once every 30 or so songs, and that is probably a mix of the joycon sucking + my finger missing it.

Multiplayer has been working great, I do wish I could turn down the announcer, kupo.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

seiferguy posted:

I realize people haven't had time to figure out the meta yet, but it certainly seems that a variety of party members is necessary for some levels whereas Curtain Call you had a "perfect" party of who had the highest STR in your party which for me was Cloud, Paine, Auron and... someone else I can't remember, same for FMS.

This at least has different scenarios / weaknesses to mix up the parties a bit.

Yeah, the Titan stage in the XIV series is tough because it halves physical damage, so it encourages you to bring the XIV squad which is meant to be a Wind magic synergy squad.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do think it is kind of weird how some tracks have a super hard difficulty and others do not, not that I will likely be good enough to complete those.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I have a balanced team for right now, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to specialize things when it becomes easier to level people. Surely there'll be some forced magic pot area or something that we can exploit like the good old days

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I imagine the load times are better on the PS4 but otherwise if you think you'll wanna play it in handheld mode at all absolutely grab the switch version.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i would never buy a game on the switch that I could buy on anything else but that’s just me. better than 0% chance their next system is based on physical e-reader cards and they decide all your digital purchases are incompatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also it feels like defense characters aren't that needed if you've got some decent rhythm? Gladio why would I cut 100 ATK from you to halve damage.