Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I've only got two missions left in SoP:FFO and I'm sad it's coming to an end. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Thankfully I've still got a lot of SoP to go, but I'm nearly to the end of Forspoken and am kinda sad about it. I keep just doing collectathon in the world to distract myself from the point of no return in the story.

Square games rule.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

RareAcumen posted:

How in the world did we let Ready At Dawn get away with making The Order 1886 and not actually coming back later and make it into an actual full game?

It didn’t sell all that well. Not surprising since, as you said, it really feels like a glorified tech demo/prologue for a full game. The actually 3rd person shooting is pretty fun, but the frequent cutscenes (while pretty) really, really slow down the pace. The game basically ends right when the gameplay and story really get going.
Edit: And they’ve since been bought by Facebook, so we will likely never see a sequel.

But dang is it pretty. If you upped it to 4k60 people would think it’s a PS5 game.

Disappointed to hear that Wanted: Dead isn’t very good even for what it is. I might still pick it up if it goes on a big sale and gets a few solid patches to fix the gameplay issues.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I disagree. After beating the game I say Wanted Dead is a very good bad game with some notable technical and clear design flaws.

However it is not boring and the story takes bit of a suprising turn in the end. It ends in a cliff hanger and a pretty big reveal.

Hannah got a son when she was fifteen and in order to pay for his son's treatment, she offered to join a mega corporation that apparently enhanced her with synthetic augments. Now her son is in a institution / orphanage and she sends her paychecks to pay the expenses while on the run from the private military mercs

The sequel will probably never happen but one can hope.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 16, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wanted: Dead is not what you would call a "good game" by any rational metric but it's very charming and playable for what it is.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm having fun playing wanted: dead it's dumb as hell and terrible which is perfect for me. From the menus to the action to the dialogue it feels like loading myself into the year 2000 to play a AA action game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Forspoken has like 100 spells lol, it's insane.

I really hope the DLC adds a ton of big enemies that require strategic use of them all, and maybe some proc-gen ultra hard guantlets Returnal style or something because that would be an awesome leverage point for all the toys they built.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hello corporate overlords, this would make a great ps+ game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRJJR7pknE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

hello corporate overlords, this would make a great ps+ game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRJJR7pknE
That art style is gorgeous

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beat the Dead Space Remake. Absolutely amazing, only bad thing I can even say is the final boss being a bit boring. Beyond that, loved it. Ripper MVP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The final boss is IIRC entirely unchanged from the original. Guess they thought it was part of the game’s core identity and shouldn’t be messed with

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Forspoken has like 100 spells lol, it's insane.

I really hope the DLC adds a ton of big enemies that require strategic use of them all, and maybe some proc-gen ultra hard guantlets Returnal style or something because that would be an awesome leverage point for all the toys they built.

To be fair there's actually only really about 30-40 actually different spells.

All your Surge magic has three levels and every school magic has three basic attacks with three levels each. So it fluffs that out a bit.

But yeah the trophy to level them all to max is like 105 spells you have to do challenges for.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

To be fair there's actually only really about 30-40 actually different spells.

All your Surge magic has three levels and every school magic has three basic attacks with three levels each. So it fluffs that out a bit.

But yeah the trophy to level them all to max is like 105 spells you have to do challenges for.

Oh, yeah, my bad. Well, let's see, somewhere in the middle, it's like 36 support, 12 primary, 6-10 movement based additions (including quick-switch skills), and then half a dozen stat-alteration crafting skills. So maybe more like 55-65 spells and a few menu skills? I'll count later tonight.

Anyways, way cool. I'm literally still learning my way around possible spell combinations.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Rageaholic posted:

Modern Warfare II got a 22GB patch and it's also updating the multiplayer, co-op and campaign packs too :negative: I'm not sure what the sizes of those are.

Approximately one hard drive.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

The final boss is IIRC entirely unchanged from the original. Guess they thought it was part of the game’s core identity and shouldn’t be messed with

A boss where you shoot orange bulbs on a giant mutated flesh monster is just kind of part of the whole Survival Horror Genre at this point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PS+ version of Cities Skylines does not get the Remastered upgrade? I only see that I have access to the original PS4 version.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Bugblatter posted:

A boss where you shoot orange bulbs on a giant mutated flesh monster is just kind of part of the whole Survival Horror Genre at this point.

Final form Nemesis says hello!

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Quote-Unquote posted:

If EDF 6 has a steady frame rate I won't buy it. They need to use the full power of the ps5 to just add more enemies and destructible terrain and buildings so you can nuke a city block and get 10fps for a few seconds. Just so much awesome poo poo going on that the console can't handle it.

I played through the import version of 6 a few months back. Fantastic game and it seems like the story is going to be bonkers when I can understand what's going on. With that said, the frame rate was mostly stable. I remember only a handful of times where it lagged. Very disappointing.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Sounds like they need to add artificial slowdown like the fake engine noise on big trucks. Or how about a resolution-scaling effect where when too many things blow up it kicks it down to 640x480 and the screen just becomes a pixelly explosion colored mess for a few seconds.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Needs some shader compilation stutter

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Thankfully I've still got a lot of SoP to go, but I'm nearly to the end of Forspoken and am kinda sad about it. I keep just doing collectathon in the world to distract myself from the point of no return in the story.

Square games rule.

I’d recommend beating the story. Some stuff happens and you’ll still enjoy going around for a bit after.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

tensai posted:

I played through the import version of 6 a few months back. Fantastic game and it seems like the story is going to be bonkers when I can understand what's going on. With that said, the frame rate was mostly stable. I remember only a handful of times where it lagged. Very disappointing.

It can't get any bonkers than EDF 5 where you end up killing God, who has come to save Earth from climate change (aka humans)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I started Elden Ring back up after looking up where to go to get the thing for Ranni (have I mentioned that almost every sidequest in this game feels like it came from 1999) and almost immediately found the mimic tear summon. I'd heard it was overpowered but like, it doesn't even use FP, just one of my way-too-many health flasks? And it even mimics your equipped consumables at no cost? Mine was hurling sleep pots lol

Then I went in an upside down tower and killed a fat godskin noble who was guarding...something important, maybe? Then killed a skinny godskin noble atop a windmill village that wasn't guarding anything at all. I've collected a few interesting weapons recently, but since I've dumped all my regular smithing stones into my treespear and all my somber stones into the bloodhound sword there doesn't seem to be enough to make any of them usable, which I remember being a bit of a problem in BB too. Its kind of at odds with the open world exploration, but I assume if I keep pumping enough points into strengh, vigor and faith I'll muddle through well enough.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Elden Ring was so god drat good.

poo poo I love that game.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

There are either too many or not enough Godskin bosses. More, or even a third type would have made them more prominent faction like the Nox. Less would have made them more special by not seeming like they’re just copy-pasted around.

This is all stuff that I think about after the fact. When I’m playing it’s so good I don’t care about that type of stuff lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Forspoken impressions from a good ways in (setting out to find the second boss):

Holy loving hell this world is enormous, and that's just the part I've explored so far which is a small corner of the total map.

Putting it on Normal may have been a mistake, and going exploring for hours before confronting the boss may also have been a mistake, because it's really not very challenging and enemies don't feel dangerous. Between the heal-on-kill enchantment I put on my gear, the run-rings-around-enemies-while-auto-dodging button, and the last-chance mechanic that prevents killing blows from actually killing me, the only enemies that feel like a threat are the overpowered field bosses, and that's gone down a lot now that I have a second magic type that they aren't as resistant to. The first tanta took me one try and I don't think she even got in a solid hit on me. Shame they don't seem to let you raise the difficulty mid-playthrough.

The dialog is not as cringeworthy as we were warned, but there's so much stuff to do and it triggers so frequently that I'm already tired of all the generic exchanges for minor events

I hope in the future they do more with cross-magic synergies because right now it's just knowing which type to use for which enemy

This team sure loves twisting threads of rock huh

Every refuge I go to is now full of cats and I just unlocked the ability to fill my home base in the city with cats too. GOTY

haveblue fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 16, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Morpheus posted:

Do keep in mind that the little 'Premium' thing under HFW likely means that this'll be a time-limited trial.

E: n/m

God of war 8 is getting the trial

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The 7th Guest posted:

wtf a good month

PS Extra:
- Horizon Forbidden West
- The Quarry
- Outriders
- Scarlet Nexus
- RE7
- Borderlands 3
- Tekken 7
- Ace Combat 7
- EDF5
- Oninaki
- Lost Sphear
- I am Setsuna
- The Forgotten City

PS Premium:
- The Legend of Dragoon
- Wild Arms 2
- Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
- Destroy All Humans (PS4)

Dragoon and wild arms 2??? The year of the jrpg psoneeee!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Forspoken impressions from a good ways in (setting out to find the second boss):

Holy loving hell this world is enormous, and that's just the part I've explored so far which is a small corner of the total map.

Putting it on Normal may have been a mistake, and going exploring for hours before confronting the boss may also have been a mistake, because it's really not very challenging and enemies don't feel dangerous. Between the heal-on-kill enchantment I put on my gear, the run-rings-around-enemies-while-auto-dodging button, and the last-chance mechanic that prevents killing blows from actually killing me, the only enemies that feel like a threat are the overpowered field bosses, and that's gone down a lot now that I have a second magic type that they aren't as resistant to. The first tanta took me one try and I don't think she even got in a solid hit on me. Shame they don't seem to let you raise the difficulty mid-playthrough.

The dialog is not as cringeworthy as we were warned, but there's so much stuff to do and it triggers so frequently that I'm already tired of all the generic exchanges for minor events

I hope in the future they do more with cross-magic synergies because right now it's just knowing which type to use for which enemy

This team sure loves twisting threads of rock huh

Every refuge I go to is now full of cats and I just unlocked the ability to fill my home base in the city with cats too. GOTY

I played on Hard. The difference is pretty big, enemies have a lot more health and sometimes can be a bit sponge-y, but it def encourages you to fully explore environments for stat-ups, mana, skills, and gear rather than just making a beeline to the story mark. And any additions you can craft to your defenses are really imperative. Before I had leveled up Sila took me a number of tries and it was really neck and neck until I got gud. The main thing it taught me was the nuances of advanced movement, and how essential it is to exploit the cooldowns of every spell. But I think for the average player who's less interested in fully exploring every mechanic the game has to offer, Normal will do. If you're the type of person who's used to jrpgs or games like NieR: A, and Stranger of Paradise, Hard is probably ideal.

It's a fun game. I like my magic boogieboarding spell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Y'all got me. I'm one gold away from my second National License in GT7. This game is hardcore drugs. Once again, I am determined to be the dirtiest GT driver ever. I have a bad feeling that the collection portion of this game is going to take over the part of my brain that finally managed to delete Marvel Snap.

How did they make the sim feel so arcadey? It feels so good to drive!

Time to bust the wheel out of storage. gently caress.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fix posted:

I have a bad feeling that the collection portion of this game is going to take over the part of my brain that finally managed to delete Marvel Snap.

:hmmyes:

You chose wisely. I’m getting real close myself. Having way more fun running chalices in Bloodborne.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Y'all got me. I'm one gold away from my second National License in GT7. This game is hardcore drugs. Once again, I am determined to be the dirtiest GT driver ever. I have a bad feeling that the collection portion of this game is going to take over the part of my brain that finally managed to delete Marvel Snap.

How did they make the sim feel so arcadey? It feels so good to drive!

Time to bust the wheel out of storage. gently caress.

I think nearly half of my time playing I've spent just golding licenses lol. Got 3 more in international A and then off to do the Super license which is entire tracks where you can't gently caress up once. :suicide:

IB-10 gave me more trouble than any Souls boss ever has. I spent literally hundreds of tries being about 1/16th of a second from gold

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

IB-10 gave me more trouble than any Souls boss ever has. I spent literally hundreds of tries being about 1/16th of a second from gold

I passed the final for the second National by .001. It's the goddamn hairpin that I'm stuck on now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The problem for me with the GT license stuff is that I spend all this time learning how to drive perfectly and then the second I go back to the campaign missions I just buy a bunch of poo poo to make my car overpowered and slam into all the other cars and half way through the first lap I'm like "later suckers" and then I proceed to drive like absolute poo poo and win anyways cause my car is twice as fast as the others. I like the menu stuff for just chilling out but the license and mission stuff is where I really get into it cause the difficulty is static and there is leaderboards. Eventually I'm gonna gently caress around online but there's so much stuff to do single player.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm early in, so it probably doesn't matter, but I like going between the hard rules of the license tests and anything goes races.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GT7 is one of those indescribably well designed games where things repetitive, tedious, even maddening in a lot of ways become absolute zen. It’s a surprisingly relaxing game. I don’t think it’s possible for it to make me angry. It’s just such a good time and it never feels unfair or even like it’s working against you. It wants you to learn, get inspired and become a better racer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Beat Wanted: Dead this morning on Normal. The campaign was surprisingly pretty short, only 5 levels and about 9.5 hours to clear. This game is broken, buggy, and immensely stupid in so many ways but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. If Hi-Fi Rush was everything positive you remembered about early 2000s gaming, then Wanted: Dead is how it actually was in reality. Dumb but certainly not forgettable. I can't recommend it now at full price but for 20bux why not.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mostly. There is a secret ending that adds a bit more nuance, but Returnal is one of those games where the deeper you go the more questions you'll have.

Now, ...climb the spire.

The Tower helpfully narrows the lines of thought you might have though :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I want to play theatrhythm so bad but I'm stuck at work and I have to go through the whole rigamarole of figuring out which sound field the game sounds best on with the least amount of delay. Might take a while to dial that in. New receiver causing more problems than it solved atm haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ANYWAY looking forward the whole ps+ drop next week has really thrown my plans for a loop. Originally I had plans of getting Octopath 2 on day one but now I've got the following options:

• Octopath Traveller 2
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Wild Arms 2
  • I am Setsuna
  • Oninaki

• or keep playing Rogue Galaxy

If I'm not gonna get Octopath day one it kinda makes sense to keep playing through Rogue Galaxy as long as I'm still happy with it. drat so many games! We all knew it was the year of the jrpg but who could have foreseen it was gonna be this stacked!