Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My parents and I are all insufferable film nerds in our own rights, and while my mom directly raised my younger sister and I, both of them were real cool with me interacting with whatever media* as a kid.

It was them engaging with me that was the issue, because mom I am like 9, I do not walk to talk about Clinton and Lewinsky. Please do not explain why it’s a big deal DONT SAY SEX MOM, EW. No I do NOT want to know if God is there, so Margaret can keep waiting, ew you read this as a kid mom aaaAAAA they talk about periods in this gross (I somehow completely forgot about how I loved Superfudge and literally every other Blume book).

When I was maybe 11-12, I had asked if I could rent Silence of the Lambs, and much to my surprise she was keen to watch it with me! Real weird because she hates horror, but ok, fine.

Around the scene where Gumb is in the back of the Beetle, my mom turns to me and goes, “I really hate horror because it’s all so fakey and it doesn’t scare me. However when I saw this in the theaters the first time, I was terrified, want to know why? Because Dracula or Frankenstein won’t ever happen, Silence of the Lambs is based on real events and can totally happen to anyone anywhere.” Serious as a heart attack, I’m 12 at the most and *just* getting horror, and oh when those gears clicked.

My parents engaging with media was mostly beneficial, we talked about the news we watched, so I was well informed about the world around me compared to my peers, and I could think about movies, tv and books as something to help understand a small facet of the world, to just think and wonder. Just like, mom, I am 12, I get that bad people exist but goddamn. Maybe uh, save it for after the film.

*the only blind spot was video games and even then they were loosey goosey, except for one time I had to explain how the ESRB worked because my mom was hesitant to let me rent “Ken Griffey Jr.’s Slugfest” once. I got to rent it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

atomicdream posted:

Didn't watch the video but read the plot summary on Wikipedia. What the actual gently caress did I read.

How bad could it b- what the gently caress

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My mom started handing me serious sci fi books when I hit my tweens. The big ones like Dune, written by major sex weirds. Then she gave me The Fox Woman when I was maybe 14. It's a Japanese based story about a fox that seduces a human man. I remember the brother fox getting a handy in a hot spring from the man. I think the fox eventually has a kit/child with the human? Thanks mom.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Event Horizon was mine, especially the vivisection of the doctor. It was marketed in Italy as "the new Star Wars" on trailers and ads, which omitted literally anything that wasn't standard sci-fi. Amazing.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

mllaneza posted:

Amusingly enough, Cronenberg's current project is the role of the head of Starfleet Intelligence in the 31st century on Star Trek: Discover.

It also has Michelle Yeoh kicking dudes in the face and is therefore good.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

teen witch posted:

When I was maybe 11-12, I had asked if I could rent Silence of the Lambs, and much to my surprise she was keen to watch it with me! Real weird because she hates horror, but ok, fine.

When I was 11 I also watched Silence of the Lambs with my mom, and when dude was like "I can smell your oval office", I kept pestering my mom about what he said. Lol.

Also watched a lot of Sex and the City with her, but the episode with the guy who wanted his rear end ate after running a marathon sticks in my mind the most.

Love you mom.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

When I was 11 I also watched Silence of the Lambs with my mom, and when dude was like "I can smell your oval office", I kept pestering my mom about what he said. Lol.

Also watched a lot of Sex and the City with her, but the episode with the guy who wanted his rear end ate after running a marathon sticks in my mind the most.

Love you mom.

Before anyone has a loving meltdown it’s fine in context of another piece of media. However, if this is abused I will punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

the musical version has a whole song around that line

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I got to watch Carrie when I was 13 or so, with mom. Pretty sure she had seen it before. The shower scene at the beginning was particularly awkward for me.

She also rented Blazing Saddles with me around the same age and I was definitely too young to get it and she certainly didn't explain it to me.

Dad took me to see Cruel Intentions when I was 15 and told Mom afterwards "Eh it wasn't anything he hasn't seen before." There was a woman in the theatre who loudly yelled out "Yeah! There ya go!" when the dark haired teenage character gets seduced by the main character.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

teen witch posted:

Before anyone has a loving meltdown it’s fine in context of another piece of media. However, if this is abused I will punish everyone for the actions of a few.
Am Australian, not sure what you're getting at

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

atomicdream posted:

Yeah, we just didn't go all out like that for our son when he was born in November. While I'm sure those strollers are super nice, I just can't imagine spending that much on one. Not gonna really begrudge anyone that does, I just can't imagine that for us.

We went full new parent when our first one was born 10 years ago, with baby equipment to the point that you could fill a sedan with us two, the baby and the baby's logistical train. By the time the latest were born all you really need is a carseat, a diaper or two stuffed in the purse, and the baby will sleep wherever. In the end, the best stroller is the one that weighs almost nothing, because at one point you're going to wind up two miles deep into a trail with two kids, a bike, and a stroller, everyone is mad, nobody will walk OR ride, and the only way out is if you can carry the kid on your shoulders, the baby in one arm, and the stroller and bike in the other arm lol

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
In the land of the free and the home of the brave, the Australian killing word is generally frowned upon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PancakeTransmission posted:

Am Irish, and tbh it didn't even cross my mind, but then I remember that USA was founded by the religious weirdos who were too weird and uptight for England

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yes, yes, we're all very nonamerican

AITA For calling a classmate a c*nt?

quote:

I (16m) had a crush on this girl who we’ll call Kelso (16F) who is a classmate I have.

Anyway over the months of me crushing on this girl I try to talk to her to tell her, I asked her if she was available to talk and she said yes, and than proceed to ignore me. I tried to do the same thing again a few weeks later and she did the exact same thing.

Completely coincidentally the next day my friend who we’ll call Romeo (16m) told me that she had said some nasty poo poo about me according to her friend. He didn’t give exact details because he thought it would hurt my feelings

So I’m convinced that she hates me for some reason but i ask a few other people and one of them told me she publicly in front of multiple people I know said creepy. Due to my looks and shyness if I had to guess

So I’m convinced she’s a horrible person and lose all interest in her. Also this girl has a reputation of being a girl who is just rude. So fast forward a few months I’ve told a few people in private what I think of her now, not out of spite but just to get it off my chest

Apparently some of it got back to her but she didn’t confront me until a few days ago. I told this girl who we’ll call Ellie, that I think kelso is a “loving c*nt” and told her about all the things she did to me and told a rumor that I heard about her about her getting her parents to complain to the school about a test score or something.

I did this because she showed a picture of a yearbook and of course kelso was in it, so i was just bringing up some relevant conversation. Now understand that Ellie is a senior who graduated so I didn’t think she would like gossip or anything or even know who Kelso is so I didn’t think it would effect Kelso in anyway.

Well immediately after telling Ellie on cue “Kelso is typing”. So I start talking to her and she basically gives her side of the story. She just said she didn’t like me because I rated her a 5/10 on her personality on my story after someone asked me and apparently people were “harassing” her about it so she said it was mean of me and didn’t like me because of it. I had no idea that she was harassed because of this and I thought a 5 was a average rating not a bad one. I said I heard more than her simply not liking me with her calling me creepy, which to me wasn’t a simple dislike. She said she didn’t remember that and if she did she didn’t mean it. She also said the rumor was false about the test thing.

I just ended the conversation by saying I’ll stop talking about her if she stops talking about me, and apologized for telling Ellie that rumor and calling her that. But thinking about it a few days later I’m not so sure if I should have apologized, atleast for calling her that, the rumor thing I genuinely think was wrong now.

Was I the rear end in a top hat for calling her that? Or did I have good reason to?

Edit: some people think I name called her because she didn’t like me back. This is not the case. I did it because she did or atleast I was told talked bad about me to other people.

OP's only other post: If I sent a nude picture when I was 16 to another 16 year old would I be disqualified from being a cop if I admitted to it?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Remember when I said don’t push it? Don’t push it. Every other post doesn’t need to have oval office in it, and I recommend you avoid this little game cunning stunt.

Normally I’d have followed suit with the rest of GBS, but I want to see if this thread can prove me wrong. I’m admittedly hesitant, as I’ve seen some of the utterly hosed up poo poo goons have sent female mods and IKs and I’d like to avoid more of that. I’ve gotten some myself, even from users in this thread. Hell, even from some users who’ve posted within the past few pages. Usually it’s this beautiful melange of racism and sexism so I really, truly don’t need that now.

If this becomes a problem, it will be my problem, and if it is my problem, I will promise you that I will make it your problem.

Again, I will punish multiple for the actions of one. I want you to keep yourselves in check because other users are depending on it.

You are all in this together. Don’t let me down.

…brrrruce

teen witch fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 16, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tactlessbastard posted:

We went full new parent when our first one was born 10 years ago, with baby equipment to the point that you could fill a sedan with us two, the baby and the baby's logistical train. By the time the latest were born all you really need is a carseat, a diaper or two stuffed in the purse, and the baby will sleep wherever. In the end, the best stroller is the one that weighs almost nothing, because at one point you're going to wind up two miles deep into a trail with two kids, a bike, and a stroller, everyone is mad, nobody will walk OR ride, and the only way out is if you can carry the kid on your shoulders, the baby in one arm, and the stroller and bike in the other arm lol

This happens a lot with parents I find. That said I found the massive stroller used for my little brother to come in handy even when he was walking, they make great shopping trolleys for the state fair.

Also just don't take kids on bigass hikes, every step for you is three for them and they just end up tired and miserable and associating the great outdoors with sore feet and rear end in a top hat grown ups who won't listen to them.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mx. posted:

yes, yes, we're all very nonamerican

AITA For calling a classmate a c*nt?

OP's only other post: If I sent a nude picture when I was 16 to another 16 year old would I be disqualified from being a cop if I admitted to it?

disqualified? hired and given preferential treatment more likely

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
and if so help me I come back to an intra-imperialism dick kicking circle I will goddamn gut you like the world ruining pigs you are. You are all equally terrible women in a myriad of ways, being horrible to anyone that isn’t white and cis male seems to be the only diversity you’re down with. No culture is best at that, it’s just different.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

teen witch posted:

and if so help me I come back to an intra-imperialism dick kicking circle I will goddamn gut you like the world ruining pigs you are. You are all equally terrible women in a myriad of ways, being horrible to anyone that isn’t white and cis male seems to be the only diversity you’re down with. No culture is best at that, it’s just different.

Shut up.

If you're going to probate or whatever, just do it - no-one is reading these.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Shut up.

If you're going to probate or whatever, just do it - no-one is reading these.

I’m not. I’m giving others a fair warning. Not sure what your deal is, if you aren’t misbehaving, why be upset?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i posted that one censored because it was a lovely thing to call a person and i wanted not another tedious lol americans derail

sorry

AITA for not honoring dibs at the gym?

quote:

I go to the gym every weekday over lunch. I have a set routine I do on any given day of the week. For a couple of the exercises, the gym only has one machine.

When I got there, a woman I had never seen before had set up a circuit using four different machines. She had her sweatshirt on one, her keys on another, her phone on one, and a Gatorade bottle on the last. I needed the last machine for tricep extensions.

I worked around her for about 45 minutes. When I had finished every other exercise, I moved her now empty Gatorade bottle from the tricep machine and started doing a set. Before I'd finished, she stopped what she was doing, came over and said her stuff was there.

I replied that her stuff was everywhere, but she can't just reserve half the gym. She stuttered a little, then stormed off to the front desk and threw a fit. The guy working the desk just shrugged and probably told her more or less the same thing.

So next thing I know, she retrieved her phone, started filming me and said, "Y'all aren't going to believe what just happened. I'm working out at the gym, I step away from my machine for a second and this rear end in a top hat takes it. I tell him nicely that I was using it and he tells me to go gently caress myself."

By that point, I was done with my three sets. So I wiped the machine down then proceeded to use the arm curl machine she'd had her phone on. I didn't need to use it, of course, but I couldn't resist. She blurts out, "Oh now you take my other machine."

I replied, "That's the point, lady. It's not a private gym."

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mx. posted:

i posted that one censored because it was a lovely thing to call a person and i wanted not another tedious lol americans derail

sorry

Apology accepted, we cool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mx. posted:

This guy's cool, but also she should have been banned from the gym for the recording, regardless of the other poo poo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

teen witch posted:

Normally I’d have followed suit with the rest of GBS, but I want to see if this thread can prove me wrong. I’m admittedly hesitant, as I’ve seen some of the utterly hosed up poo poo goons have sent female mods and IKs and I’d like to avoid more of that. I’ve gotten some myself, even from users in this thread. Hell, even from some users who’ve posted within the past few pages. Usually it’s this beautiful melange of racism and sexism so I really, truly don’t need that now.

name and shame and permaban, imo. if someone is being as lovely as you are insinuating them to be, i don't want to be posting on the same website as them, even if they're pretending to be politer about it in public.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mx. posted:

sorry

That's why seasoned public gym goers like me know if you want to reserve the equipment you think you're going to need you just piss all over them and when anyone complains you destroy them with facts and logic about how urine, like sweat, is sterile and of course you will wipe them all down after, alphas aren't gross like that

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jabor posted:

name and shame and permaban, imo. if someone is being as lovely as you are insinuating them to be, i don't want to be posting on the same website as them, even if they're pretending to be politer about it in public.

I regret that at the time I didn’t as I didn’t want to deal with fallout or others joining in - I was scared. Some of it was during the time of lowtax and I’m not stupid, dude was horrific about race. In cold consolation, the vast majority of them have been perma’d because if they’re lovely to me; they pull it everywhere and eventually piss off the wrong person. Only one or two still really linger.

Some people cannot handle being respectfully told no by certain mods, which is why I chose violence.

E: I don’t wish to discuss this further as there are socially maladjusted people on Reddit to mock without any self awareness.

I will say this, despite their many many many many many flaws, the current admin team has done more to try to rectify matters and do right (eventually) in a year and change, than lowtax ever did in 2ish decades. Damning with faint praise, but it’s something.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 16, 2023

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
well it's good that they've either mended their ways or are too scared to keep doing it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

That's why seasoned public gym goers like me know if you want to reserve the equipment you think you're going to need you just piss all over them and when anyone complains you destroy them with facts and logic about how urine, like sweat, is sterile and of course you will wipe them all down after, alphas aren't gross like that

This is why I work out at home. Well, that and the self esteem but mostly the piss.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

I am also Australian and it took seeing your comment to figure out what teen witch was getting at. Don't feel silly mate, americans are a little sheltered is all. ( I'm just teasing a bit TW, don't take it harshly please, you do a great job here)

Edit: didn't see the bit about arseholes harassing you before I posted. gently caress them, seriously you do a good job and they're welcome to come down under, guarantee they'll be called worse than that if they mouth off in the wrong spot (if they're lucky anyway). plus I really was just sitting here wondering what the problem was until I saw pancake transmissions post.

bend fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 16, 2023

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What the gently caress is going on in this thread rn

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Usual SA bullshit

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
looks like business as usual. :shrug:

reminders on what reprobates posters ITT are, proactive threats, bear poking, prob a bunch of probes, unfunniness and then a quiet bit where folks wonder if other folks are calm enough to post again.

repeat ad nauseum.

My (28F) husband (41M) tells me he finds me disappointing and I don't know why

quote:

My (28F) husband (41M) have been married close to three years. When we made our vows I made a silent promise to always do my best to never disappoint him. So it's ironic that it's all I seem to do.

Examples:

He doesn't like the foods I cook for him. I tried asking him what he would like me to cook and he always says "anything is good". When I make anything, like fajitas, he'll tell me that he doesn't like fajitas. When I made chili, he said it wasn't how his mom made it. No matter what I cook, he always tells me that I only cook what I like and never think about what he would like to eat.

For Christmas I baked cookies. I made 4 different cookies: gingerbread, Linzer, sugar cookies, and chocolate mint. He took one bite and told me, "My grandma used to make really good cookies".

When I sent him red roses to work yesterday for Valentine's Day, he told me it was really embarrassing and he gave them away.

When I made him home made truffles (he has a sweet tooth), he gave them to our neighbor because they weren't his favorite.

When I made date night plans he always cancels on me. Couple of months ago, I got tickets to a play I thought he wanted to see. He initially acted happy about it, but then told me he really didn't want to go so I went by myself.

He frequently vents that he wishes I wasn't so selfish and would think of him sometimes. The thing is I do. I just don't seem to know how to make him happy. When I asked him what to do, he told me to just try harder and think of other people besides myself.

I'm starting to wonder if he secretly wants to be disappointed in me?

TL;DR: Despite my best efforts, everything I do for my husband is the wrong thing and he thinks it's because I'm selfish.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Private Cumshoe posted:

Also, sometimes a little poo comes out. ITS A NATURAL REFLEXIVE ACTION TO STRAIN. just wipe down the seat with a moist wipe if it bothers you so much cleanfreak.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve seen a dude get super murdered in front of me, the word oval office doesn’t bother me.

What does, are when others aren’t respectful of those who aren’t them, for something so easy to do.

I dislike being called the n word in camaraderie (or like…ever) and get this, I’ve never once had an issue with anyone about it. Everyone has been understanding, even if their experience with the word is different than mine. That’s a respect I strive to give to others and when I do it is literally effortless.

Anyhow, enough from my cakehole.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ReelBigLizard posted:

Also, sometimes a little poo comes out. ITS A NATURAL REFLEXIVE ACTION TO STRAIN. just wipe down the seat with a moist wipe if it bothers you so much cleanfreak.

Oh wow I had to read this thrice before wondering if I should call for a medic

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Be the poster you wish to see in the world, me

AITA for telling my husbands family we lost a baby?

quote:

Mid-to-late last month I (27f) delivered a stillborn. After she was delivered the doctor was easily able to find out that there had been an issue with the cord and she simply wasn't getting what she needed to survive, so she died in the womb. It was no ones fault and could not have been helped or prevented, just a terrible accident.

I was 6 months pregnant so everyone knew we were expecting. My husband (29m) has a huge family, and everyone is super close and talk everyday and most of them live together.

I told my family what happened immediately, but my husband asked to tell his family on his own. I said okay, I understand he needs some time with this and I understand he lost as much as I did.

The problem came up this morning. I reminded him every 2-3 days that he really needed to tell his family. I offered to do it for him more times than I can count. He would occasionally make excuses where he'd say he needed to "do the dishes" or "wash the car" and didnt have time to call them, so I would do whatever excuse he was using so he had time, just to come back and he still had not done it. I finally told him yesterday that if he would tell them then I would do it this morning, and I followed through. It had been over 3 weeks since she died at this point. In this time I had missed dozens of calls and texts from his family asking how we were/how the baby was/if we wanted to come over for dinner/that they bought us a pack of diapers because Costco had a sale. I had ignored every single member of his family because he kept telling me he would "get around to it". I've honestly barely seen my husband over these past few weeks. He goes to either our guest room or office and just sits on his phone. I've left him alone and given him space, but I've also been doing all of the funeral arrangements, paperwork, handling what we need for our work LOA's, handling the insurance and taking care of our house and other kids all on my own.

Anyways, he was absolutely shocked that I actually did it, I'm not sure why. He's been locking in our spare room all morning now texting me all kinds of nasty things that I'm ignoring, and telling me that I ruined his relationship with his family now and accusing me of not loving or caring about our dead daughter.

I understand my husband is grieving, and I feel awful that he's having a hard time, but dodging texts and calls from 20 people for weeks and pretending like everything was fine has been exhausting. It feels like he's trying to ignore that it ever happened and while I'll never forget our daughter we have to move on with our lives.

I think I definitely crossed a boundary, but I also think I was in the right to. So, AITA?

Cliché edit to add an update: Thank you to everyone who's commented because even if you think I'm wrong you've had kind words and I didn't even realize I needed them. I haven't replied to anyone individually but I'm reading every single comment that comes through.

Just to clarify, I never lied to anyone, I just literally ignored them. I got texts and calls every day that I just blocked because I don't even know what I would say if I had talked to them, and I certainly wouldn't have lied about THIS. A lot of you are saying talk to my husband and I agree 100%, I know he's in denial and not able to accept this, so I have to be really careful or else he's going to clam up again and shut me out. I realize now that nagging him to call people was probably a bad move since he's still trying to process. This is all very frustrating because I won't have any answers or solutions until he's ready. I am sorry I told his family because I took away a moment he wanted to have with them, but while I can buy him some time I cannot make the world stop for him.

I have 0 worries about our marriage. Next month will be our 10 yesr wedding anniversary, and we've had a really solid and really excellent and really understanding and resilient marriage up until this point. I have a therapist and have seen her monthly for 5 years. He has refused in the past but I'll bring up therapy for him again when I feel like it's safe to do so.

Lastly, I am okay. My body is strong and I feel like I'm handling things appropriately. Don't get me wrong, I was a loving MESS for a little while. Our other children were staying with my parents and I was going between cleaning parts of my house I've literally never touched or violently sobbing. There was one night I don't even recall, like I blacked out and sat on the floor and cried for honest to God at least 6 hours. It went from night to morning and I didn't even know someone could sit in the dark and cry that long. Getting the kids back and being close with them helped me so much

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

teen witch posted:

I’ve seen a dude get super murdered in front of me, the word oval office doesn’t bother me.

What does, are when others aren’t respectful of those who aren’t them, for something so easy to do.

I dislike being called the n word in camaraderie (or like…ever) and get this, I’ve never once had an issue with anyone about it. Everyone has been understanding, even if their experience with the word is different than mine. That’s a respect I strive to give to others and when I do it is literally effortless.

Anyhow, enough from my cakehole.

That c-word does not look miserable

ETA: Those poor parents. Dad is definitely in the magical thinking stretch - "if I refuse to acknowledge it maybe it didn't really happen." Grief gets so messy.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 16, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

teen witch posted:

Sex and the city has a lot to answer for

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Sex and the city has a lot to answer for

Miranda knows what she did (I have never seen an episode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

My (28F) husband (41M) tells me he finds me disappointing and I don't know why

I think that one should be under the abuse ban - it's just sad that she hasn't realised yet.

Reddit are united in pointing it out to her, at least.