Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

So, there maybe something else to be keeping an eye on come the next update to Master Duel.

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1623870159868903425

One more dragon ruler is okay... right?

I genuinely don't know. DR feels like one of those things you could say "Yeah they've been design and power crept, right?" and then you get a full Rank 7/Link spam engine blasting you of the water so I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I genuinely don't know. DR feels like one of those things you could say "Yeah they've been design and power crept, right?" and then you get a full Rank 7/Link spam engine blasting you of the water so I don't know.

Dragon Link is still a fairly strong deck and every Ruler slots into it super easily. But Blaster alone is probably fine, certainly safer than letting Master Piece off the list for example.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

loving Traffic Ghost getting an animation lmao.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

loving Traffic Ghost getting an animation lmao.

Was that, like, the protagonist's ace monster at the very start of whatever anime series introduced links?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Regalingualius posted:

Was that, like, the protagonist's ace monster at the very start of whatever anime series introduced links?

It's a game original card from one of the Yusaku structure decks BUT it's the 'boss' of the Cyberse starter deck in MD so I guess they want to hype it up for new players.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dragon rulers power scales with how many names it has because the deck relies on going through all 3 of the DR effects (DRs all have only 1 effect of that name per turn) to have positive advantage. Its a feedback loop that requires at least 3 DR names to function.

Blaster and tempest are the worse 2 for their discard effects (Dragon ROTA and targeted destroy, respectively) and the attributes they support arent huge problem so they get to live at 1.

Redox and especially tidal (unconditional reborn and unconditional foolish) are never coming off the list though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like the Knightmare Unicorn altart, was that ever a real life card or md exclusive?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

I like the Knightmare Unicorn altart, was that ever a real life card or md exclusive?

Yes, you can buy it right now as a physical card

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Its from the last Maximum Gold set I think?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I had never heard of made to order mermaid outfitter before like two days ago and that card is good. Photon hypernova is an insane set

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hizke posted:

I had never heard of made to order mermaid outfitter before like two days ago and that card is good. Photon hypernova is an insane set

Yeah its a TCG Exclusive and was only known when youtubers got prerelease sets.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I can't decide between building Exosisters and some sort of Spright monstrosity. Kind of leaning towards the former just for the upcoming XYZ event.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
PUNK Therions is the real choice. :colbert:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, what was everyone's game-mandated Anime Ace Pack/promo card?

I got Red-Eyes and Slash Dragon, which lands firmly in the category of 'I guess if I wanted to make an underpowered rogue deck I'd be happy with this'. Probably in the upper half of the options.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Which one of the anime packs is the best? The Code Talker one?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Cleretic posted:

Cyberse Clock Dragon.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cleretic posted:

Vanilla Red Eyes. :argh:

I'm glad we get two more tries. I would love to get a royal Photon Lord or even a royal Full Armor.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also not mentioned, there’s a new tutorial solo gate that gives 200 gems at the end for about 5 minutes of work

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cleretic posted:

I got Red-Eyes and Slash Dragon, which lands firmly in the category of 'I guess if I wanted to make an underpowered rogue deck I'd be happy with this'. Probably in the upper half of the options.

what up fellow red eyes slash buddy

:suicide:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I got a Stardust Dragon, could be worse I guess. :shrug:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I got vanilla Red Eyes... :gonk:

I guess if MD ever bans Verte and unbans Dragoon as a result i'll be set. :v:

Runick/Spright is unsurprisingly flooding the ladder and making poo poo an absolute slog in Platinum.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I've already got Accesscode Talker, any thoughts on what other packs are the best (...or least bad) to redeem?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regalingualius posted:

I've already got Accesscode Talker, any thoughts on what other packs are the best (...or least bad) to redeem?

Probably the Galaxy Photon pack. Hope Harbinger, Photon Lord and FA Photon Dragon are all good ED cards if you have any Xyz decks.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think I got the worse one, Hero. Since I can’t use it even as a normal monster like red eyes :(

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 15, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

For my second anime card I gott Odd-Eyes Dragon. And C105 for the normal pull

:suicide:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Got the Stardust Dragon pack, for a royal rare Stardust Dragon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s always a good time when you win a rankup because your Runick opponent forgot what slot your set Imperm was in.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So what are people running for the upcoming events? For me it'll definitely be Exosisters for the Xyz event, but I have no idea what to do with the other one yet. Some sort of code talker/cyberse pile, I suppose.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't have time to build a deck for the Legends Anthology, so I'm just gonna run the Red-Eyes loaner. Red-Eyes certainly isn't a good deck, but it's an interesting one, which puts it above Blue-Eyes. (and Slifer is and always has been a trap for idiots to fall into.)

For Xyz it's gonna be Kragen Control, either a deck that I've been putting together myself or the loaner deck that angles for that, depending on if I finish the former.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Timelord for legend, someone have to represent the vilain. :banjo:

Btw, numeron gate is playable, but one gate is banned, so they can’t otk.

I like the banlist for legend a lot, they ban certain key card of powerful archetypes so they are still playable but not broken.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I already have cydra built, i assume its still playable

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I already have cydra built, i assume its still playable
You can add the deck now to the event banner to see if any card are banned.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Skios posted:

So what are people running for the upcoming events? For me it'll definitely be Exosisters for the Xyz event, but I have no idea what to do with the other one yet. Some sort of code talker/cyberse pile, I suppose.

Lyrilusc. Gonna stack my cute birds into ufd and a 6 mat nightingale and just hit em directly 6 times.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
For Legends I want to mess around with Morphtronics, but I haven't committed to a build yet.

For XYZ I'll probably play Ancient Warriors with Rhongo. Or Floo

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So is there anything new from the Dark Magician deck that makes it into a serious threat (or might slot in well into another deck), or nah? I know that one discard and draw UR gets some serious mileage in Spyral, but I’m probably not in a position to craft all of the rest of that deck

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah Magicians' Souls is a decent card, and Illusion of Chaos lets you search it and can also form some interesting packages since you can find it with Ritual support cards (such as Herald of the Arc Light).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
More leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/february-16-2023/master-duel-datamines

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nyaa posted:

You can add the deck now to the event banner to see if any card are banned.

I can not, as i am at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I can not, as i am at work
I did it on the phone app :engleft: