Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I've tried to explain this but well here we are. I'll take the L, he can find out for himself.

I completely believe you.

However, I also do not like to shy away from a challenge and hesitation is defeat - something that I carry with me during every game I play. Sekiro was a great mentor.

This is incredible. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kung pow is an incredible gem of a film that's buried beneath a hoarder's pile of early 2000s references

i wish oedekerk had trusted his material more and stuck with making a pure screwball comedy that didn't have a loving matrix reference shoved into the middle

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nearly every single piece of comedic media made between 1999-2001 had a Matrix reference. It was unavoidable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

Nearly every single piece of comedic media made between 1999-2001 had a Matrix reference. It was inevitable.

:smug:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looper posted:

idk if you're interested in 100% but if you do play dk64, there's a bug on the water level (gloomy galleon) that makes it much harder to get a specific banana after getting a specific ability. it's the one that involves shooting a robot fish's heart if you wait until you have the sniper scope

At the same time though if you just turn off the sniper scope between shots you can still manage to do it

Absolutely a nasty glitch though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

This is incredible. :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcfbg994fu4

This looks legit

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/augerbug/status/1626169168520441856?s=46&t=yJjsy_fZR9ICuF5W-flmMg

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

They added Game Boy to Nintendo Online and I picked up Tetris last night meaning to play for ten minutes and it became completely absorbing just like it used to all those years ago. It's just perfect.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
thank you vladimir tetrisknoff

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s a good Yamauchi

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I know movie trailers editors are required by law to include an altered version or cover of an old popular song but Tetris already comes with its own music

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sucks that Wild Hearts turned out to be a pretty awful game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just read that it had terrible performance but I always have to see that myself bc a lot of times seems like people are either not using my computer or are seeing phantoms I dont

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmfao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sayonara Wild Hearts is on sale. Riding the wave!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Sucks that Wild Hearts turned out to be a pretty awful game.

It's pretty good outside performance, OP.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It comes down to if the patch promised next week sucks or not really.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's pretty good outside performance, OP.

played the 10 hour trial, it sucked a lot. The controls are terrible.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

pass

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tetris but it's a horror movie where entire rows of people lose body parts by cramming themselves into a crowded subway car.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

I know movie trailers editors are required by law to include an altered version or cover of an old popular song but Tetris already comes with its own music

The Tetris theme is what plays before The Final Countdown :ssh:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

played the 10 hour trial, it sucked a lot. The controls are terrible.

Did you use keyboard or something? felt great on a DS5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did you use keyboard or something? felt great on a DS5.

Man, you were playing Monster Hunter by accident instead or something. I don't get how you can say the controls were at all acceptable or playable.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What didn't you like about them? I honestly did not have an issue at all. I used the bow and the nodachi.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought bad controls were part of Monster Hunter's DNA. Half the game's difficulty comes from learning to manage the controls and steer your hulking weapon. If the weapons controlled smoothly you could just button mash and dodge around

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was floaty as gently caress, the hit boxes are terrible and make no sense, there is almost zero hit detection? The combat just feels like it isn't there at all. It's a completely unplayable game. Maybe it's because of the awful performance that makes the game unplayable. But in its current state, Wild Hearts needs to be retracted and put back into active development. It's a 1/10 game in its current state.

You're positive you're not just accidentally playing something else? Like, I refuse to believe you thought anything positive of Wild Hearts. You didn't.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All I can think of is the game was running so poo poo for you that it was loving everything up because that was not my experience at all. Hit detection was fine, nothing felt floaty at all. It ran like poo poo for me but none of the problems you described were present at all for me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
We need a third, independent Wilds Heartser to tell us the truth. Do we have any bad enough dudes?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, I mean I have no interest in the film anyway but a little 8 bit soundalike for the melody of The Final Countdown is loving dumb, godawful song.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
monster hunter has good controls just not one of the three standard video game control schemes. this is sometimes interpreted as 'bad'

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

We need a third, independent Wilds Heartser to tell us the truth. Do we have any bad enough dudes?
sorry my internet is out so I can't provide the authoritative opinion. would you like to hear about super auto pets instead

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Cocaine Bear The Game :siren:

(It's Pac-man)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That movie looks like garbage

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's a B Movie

It's meant to be garbage

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

homeless snail posted:

sorry my internet is out so I can't provide the authoritative opinion. would you like to hear about super auto pets instead

is there a new update?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hi it's me the other person playing wild hearts

i did not play the 10 hour demo but i did get through character creation this morning and hunted 1 kemono and had a good time with it

1 main complaint so far: i can't bind anything to my side mouse buttons, which really sucks. but i think i can make it work. it took me forever to get my keybinds in MHW comfortable too so that's nothing new. the controls and feel of the combat seem fine to me. they're different, but it's just another game to get used to.

performance is whatever, i'm not expecting it to look amazing (it doesn't) but i don't care that much. with some tweaks i think i can keep it running at or near 60fps and thats all i want.

the character creator is quite good but what really made me laugh is seeing a lot of the exact same options from the nioh 2 char creator imported over directly. i have the same scar over one eye! but they didn't bring over all the tattoo options which is a shame.

i have to work but will be playing more tonight. i'm looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

External Organs posted:

Sayonara Wild Hearts is on sale. Riding the wave!

I still sometimes play the soundtrack also it's a good game even if the music is more the point

Always on the lookout for games that intertwine music into the gameplay which is why I'm psyched for whenever I get around to playing Hi-Fi Rush. I'm gonna do it